• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Ask an ESFP!

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19503]Comeback Girl[/MENTION]

1. to know
  2. to be loved

Which one would you relate to?

To know. Because being loved is just fucking useless too if you don't know, while you can still know without being loved. Heyyyyy

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting.

I actually like that answer.

Success as the accomplishment/manifestation of one's will.

You know an interesting consequence of this definition, though?

Because it lacks any sense of objective moral grounding:

- a serial killer who kills dozens of people and doesn't get caught would be a "successful" individual
- a rapist who gets that which he was going after: likewise, a very successful guy
- a genocidal leader who wipes a race off the planet? A complete success.

Same for some bullies who repeatedly torment a socially awkward kid.

Or for that tormented kid should he ever manifest his revenge plot against them...

It would seem that your definition might lead to some pretty fucked up "success" stories.

Since when is success a moral definition???

EDIT: And there isn't such a thing as objective morality whatsoever.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The arguing about arguing has been moved to Off-Topic Posts. This sort of tail-chasing is best kept to the NT section.

Carry on.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESFP(s): How would you describe your Fi?

MBTI Type
ENFP
I LOVE THIS GIRL.
Being an ENFP teen, I relate so heavily to ESFPS at certain times in my life. But, I have a lot of ESFP and ISFP friends (isfps, and my esfps friends really don't get a long. The ISFP is always trying to be more deep and compete with the ESFP one) My ESFP friends get super annoyed with my rants and 'why' questions. And I'm usually the therapist of the friend group, but I don't get much acknowledgment for it, because most of my ESFP friends rather not bask in why they were sad. I understand. This is why I have 3 friend groups I am super close with, but it's so hard to keep up with all of them. Sometimes I wish I could be like an ESFP and just have the fun surface of the relationships, but I care way too much about emotions, wah.

One thing I've noticed is the fiery spirit of ESFPs it reminds me of a Aries (I'm into horoscopes, lol stupid I know) but just read the description of one! it's just cute and might brighten your day a little! xoxo

Honestly, don't let people tear you apart either, just do. That is your strength is your move for actions.

MBTI Type
ENFP
I LOVE THIS GIRL.
Being an ENFP teen, I relate so heavily to ESFPS at certain times in my life. But, I have a lot of ESFP and ISFP friends (isfps, and my esfps friends really don't get a long. The ISFP is always trying to be more deep and compete with the ESFP one) My ESFP friends get super annoyed with my rants and 'why' questions. And I'm usually the therapist of the friend group, but I don't get much acknowledgment for it, because most of my ESFP friends rather not bask in why they were sad. I understand. This is why I have 3 friend groups I am super close with, but it's so hard to keep up with all of them. Sometimes I wish I could be like an ESFP and just have the fun surface of the relationships, but I care way too much about emotions, wah.

One thing I've noticed is the fiery spirit of ESFPs it reminds me of a Aries (I'm into horoscopes, lol stupid I know) but just read the description of one! it's just cute and might brighten your day a little! xoxo

Honestly, don't let people tear you apart either, just do. That is your strength is your move for actions.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I LOVE THIS GIRL.

How would you describe the Fi of an ESFP?

That Aries thing, it's funny, I checked it out now but I saw nothing that typically is attributed to Fi or are the descriptions of Fi just valid for Fi-doms?

Cygnus

Does your inferior Ni sometimes give you huge flashes of understanding?

What other types are you often mistaken for?

How easily are you "weirded out?"

Do you often feel the need to express your opinion, even when nopony else is?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
To know. Because being loved is just fucking useless too if you don't know, while you can still know without being loved. Heyyyyy

Have you ever considered a type other than 2w3? I've never known a 2 to think of being loved as useless. Why do you think it is?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Have you ever considered a type other than 2w3? I've never known a 2 to think of being loved as useless. Why do you think it is?

I never said it's useless. It's just a shame to be unaware of being loved.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=20944]Nihilogen[/MENTION]:
Does your inferior Ni sometimes give you huge flashes of understanding?
I understand a lot, so I guess it does.

What other types are you often mistaken for?
Idk, I never talk about types with offline people.

How easily are you "weirded out?"
Barely. Weird doesn't really exist in my vocabulary... Unless when people turn out to be unexpectedly conventional or conservative, that might cause a reaction with me that you could call being 'weirded out'.

Do you often feel the need to express your opinion, even when nopony else is?
Depends on my mood and my company.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sorry if this has been asked before:

what's your relationship with or perception of Ne as it compares to Se?

do you feel these two functions have any striking similarities or differences? what are they?

Cygnus

Do you ever find yourself not aware of your surroundings? Do you get confused about what's around you? Do you "miss things" that you should be able to see?

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=19503]Comeback Girl[/MENTION]

How would you describe your Fi?

Ozones

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Why do you have a picture of Mikey Cyrus in your avatar?

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION]:
sorry if this has been asked before:
Don't think anyone did.

what's your relationship with or perception of Ne as it compares to Se?
Idk, I don't think I have Ne.

do you feel these two functions have any striking similarities or differences? what are they?
Ne was about randomness, wasn't it? I don't think it doesn't have much to do with Se, I don't believe one of them would rule out another.

[MENTION=20622]valaki[/MENTION]
I have very firm principles. There are a few key things I believe are the way to maintain a good life, which I always try to do. If I had to describe what these principles would be, they would come down to something like this:
  • Bring happiness and pleasure
  • End suffering and pain if possible
  • Question those who hurt or attempt to hurt others
  • If people enjoy what they do and don't hurt anybody with it, let it be
  • Don't judge people on things they can't change about themselves
  • Don't preach your rules, set an example
I also can't stand watching people or animals suffer. When I see any person or animal suffer, it's like I feel it myself. I guess that's Fi, right? If it's any interesting, when I have to deal with my own emotions, I only tend to show the happy ones. When I'm angry I just hide somewhere until it's over and when I'm sad or upset I just indulge in buying shoes, eating ice cream and binge watching shows with hot actors. During times of stress I usually become more horny, but times of stress are mostly the times when I barely get to see people (think about finals etc.), so I don't really know where that comes from.

[MENTION=20943]Ozones[/MENTION]
Why do you have a picture of Miley Cyrus in your avatar?
It's a statement.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have very firm principles. There are a few key things I believe are the way to maintain a good life, which I always try to do. If I had to describe what these principles would be, they would come down to something like this:
  • Bring happiness and pleasure
  • End suffering and pain if possible
  • Question those who hurt or attempt to hurt others
  • If people enjoy what they do and don't hurt anybody with it, let it be
  • Don't judge people on things they can't change about themselves
  • Don't preach your rules, set an example
I also can't stand watching people or animals suffer. When I see any person or animal suffer, it's like I feel it myself. I guess that's Fi, right? If it's any interesting, when I have to deal with my own emotions, I only tend to show the happy ones. When I'm angry I just hide somewhere until it's over and when I'm sad or upset I just indulge in buying shoes, eating ice cream and binge watching shows with hot actors. During times of stress I usually become more horny, but times of stress are mostly the times when I barely get to see people (think about finals etc.), so I don't really know where that comes from.

Thanks

I think the positive happy thingie is an enneagram thing for you, maybe.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do ESFPs in their mid twenties speak in 3rd person?