User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

Thread: Ask an ESFP!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    you decided i was being unpleasant which i assumed was because you thought i was judging her negatively in some way. i wasn't. like i said i was asking a question...without any ill intent. so there's nothing to "call me out on" and no reason for you to be baffled by an enfp asking it.

you are simply projecting what you might have meant had you asked....i assure you if her and i were sitting in person she would've known how i meant it.
    A lot of what you're saying here is based on your own interpretation of what I'm feeling as opposed to just taking what I've said at face value. I would have never asked the OP the question you asked because what possible difference could it make? In asking if someone was "trying to be stereotypical" as opposed to simply making the observation that what they said was true to type, there's an element of drawing out being done. Such a question is meant to expose the degree to which the person is genuine in making the statement for its own sake versus choosing to make a statement based on the impact one knows it to have. Regardless of what you might or might not have felt, your language was both concrete and to the point, and not all that subject to interpretation. Sex is pretty much a universal as far as I'm concerned, so it wouldn't have occurred to me that someone might claimed to enjoy it with some ulterior motive to seem one way or another beyond simply enjoying sex. It'd be as much of a non sequitur as asking if she was "trying to be stereotypical" by saying she liked ice cream.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    A lot of what you're saying here is based on your own interpretation of what I'm feeling as opposed to just taking what I've said at face value. I would have never asked the OP the question you asked because what possible difference could it make? In asking if someone was "trying to be stereotypical" as opposed to simply making the observation that what they said was true to type, there's an element of drawing out being done. Such a question is meant to expose the degree to which the person is genuine in making the statement for its own sake versus choosing to make a statement based on the impact one knows it to have. Regardless of what you might or might not have felt, your language was both concrete and to the point, and not all that subject to interpretation. Sex is pretty much a universal as far as I'm concerned, so it wouldn't have occurred to me that someone might claimed to enjoy it with some ulterior motive to seem one way or another beyond simply enjoying sex. It'd be as much of a non sequitur as asking if she was "trying to be stereotypical" by saying she liked ice cream.
    But that's not true at all. You said I was being unpleasant. I didn't just assume that's what you meant. You said you were calling me out on something.

It is such the stereotype for an esfp to be ultra sexual. She could have very well been saying it like well sex of course!! (Like isn't that what you're all thinking or what I'm supposed to say?) to which I would've thought quite funny that she had a sense of humor about it. Still funny tho that she was just being herself.

No I don't think there's anything wrong with it and agree most people do like sex regardless of type.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ladies, please! Now surely this can be solved with some good ol' fashioned jello wrestling!

(being honest and fulfilling ESFP stereotype...I'm a two birds with one stone kinda guy.)
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

Yaaaaaay, jello!!!

Anyway, on topic: no, I wasn't offended. So you can stop arguing now. It just really was the first thing that popped into my mind. And no, I don't think I'm ultrasexual, I mean, I don't just sleep with anyone. I usually prefer to bond a little first and I can't even imagine ever cheating on anyone. But if it's good, I like it! I don't think that makes me any different than most people.
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yay! glad you weren't actually offended.

and just to clarify by ultrasexual i don't mean will sleep with anyone or cheat on their significant other. just some people are ultra sexual...think about sex a lot...behave sexually...yes most people like sex but not all are ultrasexual. and there isn't a damn thing wrong with it. embrace that shit ya know? why not?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

What's your favorite position?
    I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    What's your favorite position?
    Not gonna share that one.
    Ewww is the new sexy

figsfiggyfigs

CombackGirl isnt a slut, Aleda! NOT ALL ESFPS ARE ALIKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

Zara must be smitten to use such common-man imagery to describe his mental state.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

- Which mbti type(s) do you feel least similar to?

- In typology forums, do you feel like people take you less seriously because of your typing?
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

@Rasofy
    Which mbti type(s) do you feel least similar to?
    That's a difficult question. I actually had to look up type descriptions and make a list of pros and cons for every type. However, the INTP description suited me significantly worse than all others (29%, followed by ISTJ with 46%). So INTP would be it.

In typology forums, do you feel like people take you less seriously because of your typing?
    I only joined this forum and I feel pretty valued here. I wouldn't say people don't take me seriously or that they take less seriously than others. Maybe I should try to pose for another type one day, just for comparison.
    Ewww is the new sexy