User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Thread: Ask an ESFP!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i can get into it...i appreciate all sorts of beautiful creative things.
    lol, i was gonna say, aren't you a photographer?
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    lol, i was gonna say, aren't you a photographer?
    Haha yeah... I get all into the styling aspect of it too.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

maybe i was being a bit too harsh on it?? i can probably be more serious and can care less about clothes...idk but those seem like such small things.

the whole part about friendships is what really threw me. i can certainly maintain strong bonds with people that i haven't seen in very long periods or have even spoken with.

but i do think some enfps can be very into fashion and aesthetics. i can get into it...i appreciate all sorts of beautiful creative things.
    That bit i struggled with more. Once i forge friendships/relationships they can be strong for life. Sometimes though... if it is not made solid befor the m=next meeting things can be difficult and i can feel like i am starting again. Like new relationships... at first i'm finding where i am in relation to the other and if it's not firm it's like i have to reestablish every time we meet until it is forged.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

ReflecTcelfeR

...idk but those seem like such small things.
    I feel like this may epitomize the difference b/w the two functions.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    I feel like this may epitomize the difference b/w the two functions.
    That sounds interesting... Elaborate??
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

ReflecTcelfeR

That sounds interesting... Elaborate??
    (I just made this up, if it doesn't explain it well enough it is because... I just made it up)

You're both doing road work:

She is defining the path of the streets by laying down the stripes for the no-passing areas. You don't see any point in limiting where one should be able to pass or not. The fact that any stripes laid at all on the road cannot be the point of the road as it means something so much more and is irrelevant and shouldn't be focused upon, but to her these bullet points are what make the road, actually giving it a function in her eyes, thus giving it meaning.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    (I just made this up, if it doesn't explain it well enough it is because... I just made it up)

You're both doing road work:

She is defining the path of the streets by laying down the stripes for the no-passing areas. You don't see any point in limiting where one should be able to pass or not. The fact that any stripes laid at all on the road cannot be the point of the road as it means something so much more and is irrelevant and shouldn't be focused upon, but to her these bullet points are what make the road, actually giving it a function in her eyes, thus giving it meaning.
    Okay yeah I thought you were saying something like that. That what it is is so much more intricate and profound and interesting than just that.
    -Jim Morrison

ReflecTcelfeR

Okay yeah I thought you were saying something like that. That what it is is so much more intricate and profound and interesting than just that.
    I think though that what may be missed by Ne is that actually pointing out each difference can be extremely interesting in probably what is the most colloquial sense of the word. The most profound differences are still defined by these details, though it is somewhat difficult to distinguish the extraordinary from its sibling.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

i'm sorry but this isn't really all that accurate besides her being more practical, down to earth and possibly less interested in intellectual pursuits.

what exactly did you feel like that clarified for you ll?
    Well, hmm, okay, fair enough. I'm not really that well versed in this field anyway. I utilized imprecise language. What I should have said was, "I never really understood what made ESFPs different from ENFPs, and assuming that is all true, I now see what the distinction could be."
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

Okay, maybe I'm not the right person to ask questions to that require lots of MBTI knowledge, because I don't know that much. At this point I'm still trying to figure out what types other people I know irl could be and I'm not sure I've figured it out well enough yet to do that accurately. So if you ask me about the differences between ESFPs and other types I'll try to compare myself with people who I think are that type, or in case I read something about what makes that type different than ESFPs, I try to remember what that article said about those differences.
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si