User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Confused

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    Don't you need to be 18 to live away from your parents? Will your sister get custody? Are you planning on going to college/university - will they be paying? Just wondering if you couldn't suck it up for two more years and fininsh school living at home.

Just from what you've written it sounds like typical teen/parents stuff but I could be wrong. The teen wants more space, freedom, etc. and the parents don't want to let them have it - very typical. I am ISTP and have a 15 1/2 yo daughter and still closely supervise/monitor her. That's the job of a parent - to protect them and continue to teach them until adulthood. I see all 'types' doing that - heck even my own ISFP mother did that! Of course at the time I thought my mother was very controlling and I didn't get it until I was older and a parent myself.

What I'm saying is YES!! - a lot of this is normal. Don't try to grow up too soon - you have the rest of your life for that.
    And llet us say AMEN!

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by aireal View Post
    Can anyone else relate..?
    If my mother or father walk into a room I am in, I start to feel incredibly uncomfortable and irritable, I'll start to get hot and itchy, and will have to leave.

My favourite time of the day is when I am left alone after dinner (I eat very slowly). The contrast between discomfort and the all embracing solitude is wonderful.

I haven't spoken to my Grandparents in years, one of them is now dead. I'll get aggressively upset if I hear the sound of my Grandmother's voice over the telephone.

This combination has pretty much alienated me from everyone.

On the other hand, I like and respect my brother very much. We're somewhat estranged, but I remain passively fond of him.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by aireal View Post
    Can anyone else relate, is this just an issue with independance? Both my other siblings moved out of the house when they were 15 and 16...... any types that can relate or were in similar situations??
    I was emancipated from my Mother who was sole custodian, after I was given an opportunity to become a full fledged university student, at age 15. I had far more external factors than you, as the situation wasn't best for my physical or emotional well being. Luckily, I had a full scholarship and the ability to get out of the situation.

I'm not sure my case really applies here. As you seem to be asking about general annoyance. Nevertheless, if an early college program is an option for you, I highly recommend it. You would live on campus away from your parents. The university credits would be counted as the rest of your high school requirements. Most people go for their 11th and 12th grade year. Though, I have met a few people as young as 12, in the program as well. There are eleven schools like that in the U.S. I'm not sure if they have institutions like that in Canada.

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    Don't you need to be 18 to live away from your parents? Will your sister get custody? Are you planning on going to college/university - will they be paying? Just wondering if you couldn't suck it up for two more years and fininsh school living at home.
    In Canada the legal age to leave home at is 16. I don't plan on attending university or college. I prefer to learn from other outlets rather then from the standards of our corrupt government. Yes I know I can suck it up for two more years, its just that sometimes I wonder why I should bother, I know all the cliche reasons like don't grow up too fast, you have all your life to work etc. I've been talking with my sister and she says once I get my license things will be a lot different ( we live a 3 and a half hour walk outside of town and there are no bus routes). It's just mainly that I hate how I can't really be myself around my parents and was wondering if this is normal with other people, which i suppose it is.