User Tag List

123 Last

A_priori

Default Type most likely to smoke pot?

Hello SPs, first time posting here and was wondering how many of you guys smoke pot? I know it's kind of a strange subject but I really started to think about it, who really gives a sh*t which type is most likely to drink. Drinking doesn't make you feel anything like pot, pot premotes creativity and for the most part peaceful. I thought I would ask here because i figured there are probably a few pot smoking SP's on this forum who might have something to say about this topic..

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Ha. I don't think this is type related.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

All types smoke it... I think ISFP might fit the stoner stereotype the best though. At least of the SPs.

WALMART

Anyone who values thought.

Permabanned

Anyone who values getting fat and being retarded.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Anyone who's not judgemental enough to make the sweeping generalizations of the above two posters. @superunknown @jixmixfix
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Infinite Bubble

Anyone.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Anyone who values thought.
    I dunno, I seem to be pretty good at thinking without smoking pot. I wouldn't say it helped me think, it just made me focus more on sensations in my environment. Like, having a hyperfocus on food or music. That was cool, to a point, but I can get stuff kind of like that through meditation from time to time.

It didn't really help me think of crazy wild ideas, because I seem to be able to do that without it. I suspect it works differently on different people, especially because there are different strains and whatnot.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I dunno, I seem to be pretty good at thinking without smoking pot. I wouldn't say it helped me think, it just made me focus more on sensations in my environment. Like, having a hyperfocus on food or music. That was cool, to a point, but I can get stuff kind of like that through meditation from time to time.

It didn't really help me think of crazy wild ideas, because I seem to be able to do that without it. I suspect it works differently on different people, especially because there are different strains and whatnot.
    I have never smoked pot, but I have quite a few friends who I think do. There is a whole movement that altered states heighten consciousness and that there are conspiracies to stop it. Seeing concepts from new perspectives is incredibly important and perhaps some people achieve this with pot. I think there are many ways to achieve altered states without substances. I currently going through an intense form of therapy (EMDR) that uses a technique that is a little different from hypnosis, but definitely creates an altered state in the mind by linking the deep brain, the amygdala, with the frontal cortex. I suspect there are many other ways to explore and connect various parts of the brain w/o substances. Our minds are so full of false assumptions that new perspectives are important.

I would support the legalization of pot and tend to not judge people's personal choices. I think there is a sacred boundary of the personal space I don't have any motivation to start smoking pot, but I suppose there are some circumstances in which I would. I'm not certain what those would be and I'm not planning on putting myself in that position.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I would support the legalization of pot and tend to not judge people's personal choices. I think there is a sacred boundary of the personal space I don't have any motivation to start smoking pot, but I suppose there are some circumstances in which I would. I'm not certain what those would be and I'm not planning on putting myself in that position.
    Same here. I just don't like it being put forward as something everyone needs to do.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78