• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Type most likely to smoke pot?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The ENFPs and ENFJs I know are most represented among people I know. Anxiety prone and into deep convos is a pair of traits that comes to mind. Also, I think it's hard for ENFPs to look within, and a bit of canibus tends to help me get to my spiritual self without all the distractions I'd normally have to fight.

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
I don't think there really is a type more or less likely to do anything, let alone do drugs or the like.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think there really is a type more or less likely to do anything, let alone do drugs or the like.

I was recently theorizing with some friends about this, and we were talking about people choosing drugs that take them to a state they don't easily get to naturally. For example, my INTJ brother in law says he likes to drink in social situations so that he can have lower inhibitions to talking to people and can let loose and have a good time. I'm not much of a drinker because socializing, dancing, and otherwise letting loose and having fun are a part of my nature, and I can enjoy them fully without lowering my inhibitions. I know an INTJ who says he'd like to try cocaine. He's an introvert, and maybe he's more interested in getting 'pumped up' (something he doesn't do naturally). I'd be more interested in trying heroine (never have and probably never will), only because it would calm me and bring me deeper into myself (something I struggle with as an extrovert). Also, none of my ISFJ friends do any sort of drugs at all, and the 2 ESTJs I know happen to be very heavy drinkers.

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
I was recently theorizing with some friends about this, and we were talking about people choosing drugs that take them to a state they don't easily get to naturally. For example, my INTJ brother in law says he likes to drink in social situations so that he can have lower inhibitions to talking to people and can let loose and have a good time. I'm not much of a drinker because socializing, dancing, and otherwise letting loose and having fun are a part of my nature, and I can enjoy them fully without lowering my inhibitions. I know an INFJ who says he'd like to try cocaine. He's an introvert, and maybe he's more interested in getting 'pumped up' (something he doesn't do naturally). I'd be more interested in trying heroine (never have and probably never will), only because it would calm me and bring me deeper into myself (something I struggle with as an extrovert).

Yeah, it's pretty common of people (especially adolescents who are in that seemingly desperate era of trying to find themselves) to take drugs to get to a better state of mind, or reach a certain level of inner peace, or insanity just for the mere thrill of it. I have strongly been considering experimenting with marijuana (or THC) in the future, to help with social anxiety and to potentially explore hidden patterns and concepts in my mind, which could be tied together to create new insights like never before. Alas, it works differently for everyone, and perhaps I could be on the losing end, suffering from mild panic attacks. But it never hurts to be open minded.

The point and core of my original post that you quoted, however, is one of the reasons why I think some people start taking the MBTI/JCF system a little too seriously. It's so broad, and when people start inserting personality traits to form correlations to certain types (like "lazy disorganized bookworms with a penchant to philosophize must be always xNTPs!") that's how inaccurate typings start. Keep in mind, I'm not having a problem with threads like this entertaining the possible notion of a certain type being correlated with a certain activity. It is fun to theorize.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The point and core of my original post that you quoted, however, is one of the reasons why I think some people start taking the MBTI/JCF system a little too seriously. It's so broad, and when people start inserting personality traits to form correlations to certain types (like "lazy disorganized bookworms with a penchant to philosophize must be always xNTPs!") that's how inaccurate typings start. Keep in mind, I'm not having a problem with threads like this entertaining the possible notion of a certain type being correlated with a certain activity. It is fun to theorize.

I agree!

Also, just read your signature. For a minute there, I lost myself. That was ALMOST what I picked for mine. Went with a different Radiohead quote though :) Right on.

jewelluckystar05

MBTI Type
ESTP
All I do is the electronic cigarette, and drink socially on occasion, or by myself out of boredom though I try not to make a habit of it.

A

A_priori

My suspicion is that most SPa that are coming forward are the more nerdy live by the book type. I would suspect there are quite a few SPs kicking around that smoke the cheeba lol

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If we're correct in typing my ex-boyfriend as ISTP, then you can definitely put a tick in the SP pot smoker column, haha.

S

Stansmith

I've noticed weed turns me into an INFJ or ISFP. I start feeling "zen" and altruistic and all that good stuff.

UnknownUser

This is like asking which social cliques among teenagers and young adults are most likely to smoke it. Some are more likely than others, to be sure, but most of them are likely in some way and the difference is how they smoke. There's a big difference between someone who prefers to smoke at a music festival or house party, someone who sits outside philosophizing with a circle of friends, someone who smokes at home with one friend while watching terrible cartoons, and so on, and so on. I can see social butterfly or more "mainstream" types being as likely to smoke it as more "alternative" kinds of people, just in different ways.