First 3456 Last

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

The ENFPs and ENFJs I know are most represented among people I know. Anxiety prone and into deep convos is a pair of traits that comes to mind. Also, I think it's hard for ENFPs to look within, and a bit of canibus tends to help me get to my spiritual self without all the distractions I'd normally have to fight.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar

I don't think there really is a type more or less likely to do anything, let alone do drugs or the like.
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post
    I don't think there really is a type more or less likely to do anything, let alone do drugs or the like.
    I was recently theorizing with some friends about this, and we were talking about people choosing drugs that take them to a state they don't easily get to naturally. For example, my INTJ brother in law says he likes to drink in social situations so that he can have lower inhibitions to talking to people and can let loose and have a good time. I'm not much of a drinker because socializing, dancing, and otherwise letting loose and having fun are a part of my nature, and I can enjoy them fully without lowering my inhibitions. I know an INTJ who says he'd like to try cocaine. He's an introvert, and maybe he's more interested in getting 'pumped up' (something he doesn't do naturally). I'd be more interested in trying heroine (never have and probably never will), only because it would calm me and bring me deeper into myself (something I struggle with as an extrovert). Also, none of my ISFJ friends do any sort of drugs at all, and the 2 ESTJs I know happen to be very heavy drinkers.

undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    I was recently theorizing with some friends about this, and we were talking about people choosing drugs that take them to a state they don't easily get to naturally. For example, my INTJ brother in law says he likes to drink in social situations so that he can have lower inhibitions to talking to people and can let loose and have a good time. I'm not much of a drinker because socializing, dancing, and otherwise letting loose and having fun are a part of my nature, and I can enjoy them fully without lowering my inhibitions. I know an INFJ who says he'd like to try cocaine. He's an introvert, and maybe he's more interested in getting 'pumped up' (something he doesn't do naturally). I'd be more interested in trying heroine (never have and probably never will), only because it would calm me and bring me deeper into myself (something I struggle with as an extrovert).
    Yeah, it's pretty common of people (especially adolescents who are in that seemingly desperate era of trying to find themselves) to take drugs to get to a better state of mind, or reach a certain level of inner peace, or insanity just for the mere thrill of it. I have strongly been considering experimenting with marijuana (or THC) in the future, to help with social anxiety and to potentially explore hidden patterns and concepts in my mind, which could be tied together to create new insights like never before. Alas, it works differently for everyone, and perhaps I could be on the losing end, suffering from mild panic attacks. But it never hurts to be open minded.

The point and core of my original post that you quoted, however, is one of the reasons why I think some people start taking the MBTI/JCF system a little too seriously. It's so broad, and when people start inserting personality traits to form correlations to certain types (like "lazy disorganized bookworms with a penchant to philosophize must be always xNTPs!") that's how inaccurate typings start. Keep in mind, I'm not having a problem with threads like this entertaining the possible notion of a certain type being correlated with a certain activity. It is fun to theorize.
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post
    The point and core of my original post that you quoted, however, is one of the reasons why I think some people start taking the MBTI/JCF system a little too seriously. It's so broad, and when people start inserting personality traits to form correlations to certain types (like "lazy disorganized bookworms with a penchant to philosophize must be always xNTPs!") that's how inaccurate typings start. Keep in mind, I'm not having a problem with threads like this entertaining the possible notion of a certain type being correlated with a certain activity. It is fun to theorize.
    I agree!

Also, just read your signature. For a minute there, I lost myself. That was ALMOST what I picked for mine. Went with a different Radiohead quote though Right on.

MBTI
    ESTP

All I do is the electronic cigarette, and drink socially on occasion, or by myself out of boredom though I try not to make a habit of it.

A_priori

Quote Originally Posted by jewelluckystar05 View Post
    All I do is the electronic cigarette, and drink socially on occasion, or by myself out of boredom though I try not to make a habit of it.
    Oh come on!! There's gotta be more!

A_priori

My suspicion is that most SPa that are coming forward are the more nerdy live by the book type. I would suspect there are quite a few SPs kicking around that smoke the cheeba lol

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

If we're correct in typing my ex-boyfriend as ISTP, then you can definitely put a tick in the SP pot smoker column, haha.

Stansmith

I've noticed weed turns me into an INFJ or ISFP. I start feeling "zen" and altruistic and all that good stuff.