User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Living in the present can make one seem confident, but it's just living in the present. Little children sometimes have this trait too. I find that people become more cautious and scary-cat as they get older, not more brave and confident.

There's also being comfortable in your own skin, which is not quite confidence, but works well for a person.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    SPs get their confidence from adjusting their goals low enough for them to meet them.
    Yeah that's my impression too ahah
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    SPs get their confidence from adjusting their goals low enough for them to meet them.
    Lol that's more like J types in that they set a standard for themselves and don't wanna push themselves to explore anything new.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    You think? you have zero confidence.
    His/her statement was that he/she DOES have confidence in who they are and what they think. Not, "I think I have confidence."
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that Se doms (ESxPs) actually have "masculine" personalities, though a lot of women researched in MBTI are ESFPs.

Does Se give people a natural earthly grip of confidence, something about being "here and now" or knowing how to position your body to do things or maneuver the physical environment to your benefit give one a certain confidence or bravery despite experience?
    I've always sort of seen ESxP's as having "masculine" personalities. By masculine, I don't mean they are tom boyish in style or even hobbies. It's a boisterous-ness in their personality. An ESFP female I know said that her family always criticized her for wanting to sit and play cards with her uncles rather than cook in the kitchen with her aunts. They want to do what's fun, whether it's lady like or not. She was also often criticized by her family and many others in her life for being too outspoken. Also not considered lady like by traditional standards.

I can recall another ESFP I know having a party where she rolled out in an armour of condoms. We were having an 'Anything but clothes' party. On another event, she literally rolled out in roller skates and a bathing suit. She had a very "I don't give a f***" attitude, which is more masculine than feminine.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ESTP

Best way to describe my confidence is that I frequently get told that I'm intelligent, creative and not afraid of things I probably should be, but when I try to do things like cooking or math, I end up looking like an imbecile when a child in the room can do a better job, and I'm prone to pulling off some things that have others saying wow, but turning around and screwing up the parts that are supposed to be so easy it's sad, when I have one of those days, I just remember how many people would sit there like sheish what an asshole when they were watching the classic cartoons and there was always that one character who just couldn't get ahead to remind myself no one's perfect. Things I do to boost my confidence are to try and learn a challenging subject to try to get my brain in gear and react quicker to solving real life problems when set backs arise, read dark books because they are a good reminder that even though some things suck, at least it's not as bad as some things, and try to spend time around people I have a few things in common with, but who aren't exactly like myself to try to think outside the box.