First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Sensing is, when you are convinced you know everything, cause you have seen everything that is to be considered.

Or Sensing is, when you know everything, because you have seen everything, but are still open for suggestions xD.

Or sensing is, best explained here:
    ENFP

That link really gives detailed insight, you just have to click on the functions.

The most important fact about everything is that everyone is able to (make) sense. Even me
    Se or Si are not one of strong functions of a ENFP.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Alcea Rosea View Post
    Se or Si are not one of strong functions of a ENFP.
    This depends on whose succession of hierarchy you follow. Lenore Thomson says that for ENFP, the succession is something like this: Ne-Fi-Se-Ti-Fe-Ni-Te-Si. Based on her theory, the next extraverted (and probably more used function than Ti due to a naturual propensity for extraversion) function would be Se. On the other hand, Beebe says it's Ne-Fi-Te-Se-Ni-Fe-Ti-Si. This latter may be more closer to how succession development will derive in this type, based on my observtion of my son who claims to be ENFP.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    God, I am going nuts on this. My best friend is an ISFJ, and we both enjoy MBTI. He is a moderate S, and he understands what N is and is able to engage in the stupid ideas of Intuidom.

I on the other hand, would give my left *** (you know what) to just get a glimpse of what Sensing means, be it internalized or external. I have five senses, and do collect my information through them, but WhoTF doesn't get their info from the outside.

Sure I do have my head up my you know what most of the time and I don't even notice whats going on around me.

I would love to know what its like to be a sensor, if anyone could translate it to laymans, I would much appreciate that.

thank you in advance.
    In layman's terms, I am unsure of your age but try remembering things from your childhood or early youth by associating them with smells, tastes, or familiar sounds that would make you recall your past. That would be Si. Now go outside and just appreciate the moment, listening to sounds and absorbing it all, or go for a walk and take in the color of the clouds, the greenery and immediate smells. That would be Se. Granted like most INTPs I enjoy going for long walks when I have the time, but since I dominate with Ti, I assure you that I don't use my Se because I am focused on all sort of internal thoughts. By the time I conclude my walk, I could hardly tell you what I noticed during the journey.

MBTI
    ENFP

Woah really?

I do that atleast once a month or so, I will get this smell and hear these things that would throw me back to another time and place. I am currently 22, and I seem to mostly flashback to when I was 12. Songs can also bring back a feeling, but it usually involves regret.

So what is this called, and how can this be used to my benifit?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    This depends on whose succession of hierarchy you follow. Lenore Thomson says that for ENFP, the succession is something like this: Ne-Fi-Se-Ti-Fe-Ni-Te-Si. Based on her theory, the next extraverted (and probably more used function than Ti due to a naturual propensity for extraversion) function would be Se. On the other hand, Beebe says it's Ne-Fi-Te-Se-Ni-Fe-Ti-Si. This latter may be more closer to how succession development will derive in this type, based on my observtion of my son who claims to be ENFP.
    With strongest ones I meant mostly the first two functions which are usually most visible to others. So if a person wants a good example of Se I wouldn't suggest them to watch ENFP rather ESTP or ESFP. I do know a person of both all those types and their Se is really really visible.

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    XXXX
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    I would love to know what its like to be a sensor, if anyone could translate it to laymans, I would much appreciate that.

thank you in advance.
    If you haven't gotten a good grip on the differences, then..

You know when people say that a picture says more than a thousand words? If sensors could list how they perceive (what they notice, what thoughts come to mind, how much they notice, etc..) the random image below, then you have something to compare with.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hmmm..as soon as I saw that picture, I felt the water spraying on me.

That probly doesn't help.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

My eye was immediately drawn to the center hole of the wave.

- chaos
    - power
    - fear
    - drowning
    - it's coming towards me!
    - should I swim towards it or away?

Took a deep breath

"wish I knew how to surf"

(perhaps this wasn't a good one for me to analyze since I have an unusual fear of open water?)

MBTI
    ISTP

Hmm, in order....my mind noticed/thought about the following:

-The spray coming off the wave.
    -The way the part of the wave in the distance seems to be going much further than the part up close.
    -How do you take this picture? Seems like it must be a pain in the ass, as it's far out, and you'll get killed by the wave after taking it.
    -I want to go to wherever this is.
    -what does ip.now mean?
    -Hmm, a web address...
    -Oh, it's an internet provider that isn't in my area, back to the picture...
    -This could go on forever...*clicks post*.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

You Sensors sure notice a lot in a simple picture. All I can think about when viewing the picture is that I should be cold and floating when I'm not.