• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPs--Shy, Socially Anxious, Reserved?

lane777

nevermore
I'm a very reserved person to pretty much everyone except my girlfriend, who figured out a way that got me to let her be completely.. 96%.. close to me.. I still don't know how she managed that. :thinking:

What type is your GF? :huh:

syckkz

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
She is both an INFJ and ISFJ... VERY emotional.

But I think because she don't really mind me not responding the way other people would to her emotional side, that we get along very well. She's understanding in that I have problems with overly emotional things but yet she brings out something in me, maybe it's a need to protect her from being hurt because she is so emotional. Or maybe because I find how she has so many feelings about everything interesting not to sound mean or weird.

Not quite sure, still, how she managed to get past my guards tho..

Oddly Refined

Enneagram
The ISTP sitting on the couch with me confirms all three: Shy, socially anxious, and reserved.

lane777

nevermore
She is both an INFJ and ISFJ... VERY emotional.

But I think because she don't really mind me not responding the way other people would to her emotional side, that we get along very well. She's understanding in that I have problems with overly emotional things but yet she brings out something in me, maybe it's a need to protect her from being hurt because she is so emotional. Or maybe because I find how she has so many feelings about everything interesting not to sound mean or weird.

Not quite sure, still, how she managed to get past my guards tho..

I half expected INFJ; my ISTP friend is shockingly open with me. He allows himself to become so vulnerable, actually encouraging my incessant questioning :shock: sharing incredibly private matters, when I've barely known him 3 months now. I've never felt so nosy! :unsure:

What Enneagram would you say your GF is?

syckkz

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Yeah, I find her very loyal and caring.. which makes it easier for me to trust her. She puts off some kind of comfort level when I'm with her..

LOL! Me and my girlfriend play this question game, she sucks at coming up with questions as much as I try to get her to ask them. So I end up asking them and she just says okay same question for you! .. weird.

She scored evenly with 2,6 and 7 on her Enneagram test.. I think she's a mix of all three.

lane777

nevermore
Yeah, I find her very loyal and caring.. which makes it easier for me to trust her. She puts off some kind of comfort level when I'm with her..

LOL! Me and my girlfriend play this question game, she sucks at coming up with questions as much as I try to get her to ask them. So I end up asking them and she just says okay same question for you! .. weird.

She scored evenly with 2,6 and 7 on her Enneagram test.. I think she's a mix of all three.

Aw :D! Yeaaah, I suck at that game. Not the coming up with questions part, just the sharing part heh...

Hmmk, just thought she might share my Enneagarm :) which she doesn't.

syckkz

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
It took her a while to warm up to sharing her true feelings and thoughts with me.. she still keeps a lot it to herself after 4 years of being with her.. not sure exactly why.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
My brother is ISTP. When I think of the words "socially anxious" I picture fretting, and he doesn't really fret, he just gets annoyed with social stuff. I guess you could call him shy. He is definitely reserved.

It's funny for me to think of him in terms of these words, because he's a total crazy with people who know him. Others who don't know him, though, perceive him as either rude or boring with not much personality. SO funny to me, knowing him as well as I do. There is no lack of personality. He's emotional, hilarious, daring, smart, and adventurous.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
My brother is ISTP. When I think of the words "socially anxious" I picture fretting, and he doesn't really fret, he just gets annoyed with social stuff. I guess you could call him shy. He is definitely reserved.

It's funny for me to think of him in terms of these words, because he's a total crazy with people who know him. Others who don't know him, though, perceive him as either rude or boring with not much personality. SO funny to me, knowing him as well as I do. There is no lack of personality. He's emotional, hilarious, daring, smart, and adventurous.

hahah that's so typical of ISTP's people always think I'm boring until they spend 20 mins with me or have a couple beers.

lane777

nevermore
It took her a while to warm up to sharing her true feelings and thoughts with me.. she still keeps a lot it to herself after 4 years of being with her.. not sure exactly why.

I would think marriage is the only thing that would allow me to let my So in fully. Without such statement of commitment, I would always fear the possibility of disloyalty. It's basically a self preservation tactic. But once you're in, you're in all the way.