User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    I?TP

Socially Anxious? Only when having to make a public speech.
    Shy? Not really. That's my sister (INFJ).
    Reserved? Definitely.

I have the superpower of invisibility, too. Nice feature.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Those ISTPs are tricky creatures to read. I bet they got tons of stuff going on in their hearts all the time it's just that no one ever sees it.
    That is one of the best quotes regarding ISTPs and emotions that I've seen in awhile from a non-ISTP on this forum.

Except...I'd change "all the time" to "often". It's not like we're full of drama, but there can definitely be a serious depth of emotion dwelling (hiding) in there.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Those ISTPs are tricky creatures to read. I bet they got tons of stuff going on in their hearts all the time it's just that no one ever sees it.
    I'd missed this, but it's very true. Combining our distrust of our emotions/how rapidly they can change, with the "reserved" traits of ours, means that 99% of our emotions stay inside.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    He has a diagnosed case of Social Anxiety Disorder.

Very quiet, but a true barrel o' laffs. He watches a group he is in and slips in little clever quips and unless you're listening closely you'll miss the joke.

He has the power of invisibility and can enter and leave a room with no one noticing. When he was little, someone was always saying, "Hey! Where did Matt go?"

Edit: The family was once eating in a restaurant together and the waitress nearly sat in his lap to attract his attention. She eavesdropped and picked up his name so every time she came to the table, she'd adress him, doin' the eye thing and the whole nine yards.

We were all going, "Matt, Matt. Ask her for her phone number."

He said he couldn't tell whether she liked him or not!
    Mom? Is that you?

All jokes aside, that's a page out of my life. I also have social anxiety. I don't have too many issues being open with those I care about - my wife, sometimes family... but my version of "open" is not other people's, including my wife. I have way worse stories than the waitress story above... I was shockingly dense about female interest in me

You know you have issues when your INTJ mate complains about you never opening up

What is really going on inside just never comes out. That's the only way I can put it. Only once I feel comfortable can I let anything out. This is strangely at odds with how people see me - generally uncaring what other people think. The only times I really become myself, rather than hold myself back, is when I'm in the moment. Tends to be when I'm competing at something, or designing... When competing, I tend to relax, let my guard down, live in the moment. When designing, I'm more like a kid. A really annoying kid

MBTI
    INTJ

I have 2 ISTP makes in my family.
    They are kind of shy and reserved unless they are with people they know well.
    Once they're comfortable, they are funny and easy to be with.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    That's SO true about me. Mind-reading, quite. I don't know though. People don't seem to like either me. I'm too aggressive or too quiet- nobody's fooled either way.
    I've noticed this with my ISTP buddy... very bold and in my face some days - then other days, so quiet I have to beat words out of him. I like him either way ... When he's aggressive, I get attention When he's quiet... I blab (not something I'm known for). I guess I find it fascinating, that side he brings out in me. But then I end up saying too much which has never been a problem for me before. It's just that I'm so thrown by his reserve, I become fully focused on figuring him out, I lose my guard and... and... I let secrets slip :blushing:

To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    When he's quiet... I blab (not something I'm known for). I guess I find it fascinating, that side he brings out in me. But then I end up saying too much which has never been a problem for me before. It's just that I'm so thrown by his reserve, I become fully focused on figuring him out, I lose my guard and... and... I let secrets slip :blushing:
    This is probably half-intentional. I've never failed so far at getting to know what I wanted and more from someone, without them even realizing it. The good news for you, is that we keep our mouths shut...we just like to know stuff, for our own knowledge.

Also, if you aren't giving up what we want to know, we're very patient and good with "innocent" questions that we add up to get the picture we were trying to figure out.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    This is probably half-intentional. I've never failed so far at getting to know what I wanted and more from someone, without them even realizing it. The good news for you, is that we keep our mouths shut...we just like to know stuff, for our own knowledge.

Also, if you aren't giving up what we want to know, we're very patient and good with "innocent" questions that we add up to get the picture we were trying to figure out.
    Yeees I discovered early on you ISTP's are quite crafty. Knowing that hasn't helped much. I catch myself mid sentence and quickly clam up... but he won't let me get away with it

And getting people to talk is MY thing ....having the tables turned is... well...

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    I've noticed this with my ISTP buddy... very bold and in my face some days - then other days, so quiet I have to beat words out of him. I like him either way ... When he's aggressive, I get attention When he's quiet... I blab (not something I'm known for). I guess I find it fascinating, that side he brings out in me. But then I end up saying too much which has never been a problem for me before. It's just that I'm so thrown by his reserve, I become fully focused on figuring him out, I lose my guard and... and... I let secrets slip :blushing:

Good thing for you I have no use for your secrets

Other than my own curiosity of course...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    Good thing for you I have no use for your secrets

Other than my own curiosity of course...
    *runs away screaming*