User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INTj

I can be really interesting when I first meet a few people, because I don't really expect to see them again (loosens my inhibitions.) I can hog the center of the conversation, and entertain a group of people for a whole evening. Then the next time I see these people, I turn out to actually be a really "boring" person. That's when I become socially anxious and reserved, when I think that people are expecting me to be somebody I'm really not. I think If I make the tiniest mistake, new friends and acquaintances will not like me anymore. I simply wait and listen to the conversation until I have the chance to throw in a quick one liner or some interesting fact.
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

That's SO true about me. Mind-reading, quite. I don't know though. People don't seem to like either me. I'm too aggressive or too quiet- nobody's fooled either way.

MBTI
    ISTP

Shy? kinda, yes. Socially anxious? does Social Phobia count? 'cause if so, then yes :P Reserved? definitely.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

I would say sometimes i appear shy. But it is usually if i am not in the mood to meet people. I do get a bit anxious if i meet someone unexpectedly and out of context and have been known to ignore people i have met before if i bump into them out of context. (like in the supermarket or somewhere) Not because i have forgotten them but because i have a momentary panic when i recognise them because i thought i was alone and i'm thinking. Or obviously not alone as such but alone as in anonymous. Amongst strangers. And talking to them would be like way too much effort if i wasn't expecting it.

On the other hand, in a social situation i am expecting i am confident, reserved if i don't know people, but not averse to conversation. And talkative, fun and chatty with people i do.

So i do not experience social anxiety as such.
    Only Unexpected social anxiety when they try and interrupt my alone time.
    I generally get along well with most people and people who don't know me well would entirely misread my personality type as i can do a very good impression of an EF when i want to.
    In a work type social situation, with people i don't know well, i tend to be quiet and reserved and listening and throw in witty one liners.

MBTI
    INFP

My ISTP son is truly my Enigma. I rarely know what's going on in his head but I know that he's thinking deep thoughts which he seldom chooses to share.

He has a diagnosed case of Social Anxiety Disorder.

Very quiet, but a true barrel o' laffs. He watches a group he is in and slips in little clever quips and unless you're listening closely you'll miss the joke.

He has the power of invisibility and can enter and leave a room with no one noticing. When he was little, someone was always saying, "Hey! Where did Matt go?"

Edit: The family was once eating in a restaurant together and the waitress nearly sat in his lap to attract his attention. She eavesdropped and picked up his name so every time she came to the table, she'd adress him, doin' the eye thing and the whole nine yards.

We were all going, "Matt, Matt. Ask her for her phone number."

He said he couldn't tell whether she liked him or not!
    Last edited by Anja; 09-23-2008 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Added last comment.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by HomeSlice View Post
    plz talk about something cool like blowing shit up or running away from the canine unit

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    My ISTP son is truly my Enigma. I rarely know what's going on in his head but I know that he's thinking deep thoughts which he seldom chooses to share.

Very quiet, but a true barrel o' laffs. He watches a group he is in and slips in little clever quips and unless you're listening closely you'll miss the joke.

He has the power of invisibility and can enter and leave a room with no one noticing. When he was little, someone was always saying, "Hey! Where did Matt go?"
    sounds exactly like i was when i was a kid.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Hang View Post
    But it shows me that he doesn't allow intamacy with anyone.
    I'm pretty sure he could if he really wanted to. Perhaps he just doesn't want to be one of the ordinary folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Edit: The family was once eating in a restaurant together and the waitress nearly sat in his lap to attract his attention. She eavesdropped and picked up his name so every time she came to the table, she'd adress him, doin' the eye thing and the whole nine yards.

We were all going, "Matt, Matt. Ask her for her phone number."

He said he couldn't tell whether she liked him or not!

This sounds oddly familiar.

Although normally I'm a pretty good judge of people I am AWFUL at judging their interest in me. ESPECIALLY if it has to do with romantic interest/attraction but even friendship some too.

Any istps feel like this? Is this a typical trait?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by yepISTP View Post
    This sounds oddly familiar.

Although normally I'm a pretty good judge of people I am AWFUL at judging their interest in me. ESPECIALLY if it has to do with romantic interest/attraction but even friendship some too.

Any istps feel like this? Is this a typical trait?
    Sounds familiar, but I'm not ISTP...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by yepISTP View Post
    Yeah. It's probably let to me missing a few opportunities there. Often...I have to get told by either the person I'm interested in or by someone else before I make a move, because I don't pick up on it, or I'm too reluctant otherwise, because of not being very certain.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%