• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ESTP sister and INFJ sister decide to construct a swimming pool fence...

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I just decided that it might be fun to share a life snippet about two sisters with different types and how we work together. I "think" I'm an INFJ and a lot of people tend to agree. My sister likes to be with me because as all of my family describes me, "I am calm and don't get ruffled too easily," which means...well, just that, I suppose. I have three sisters, actually, an ESFP, an ENFJ and an ESTP. I am the quiet one of the bunch and by far the most likely to just laugh something off and move on.

My sister, who has been assessed to be an ESTP, called me to come help her build a fence around her swimming pool, so I obliged and set out to find my crowbar, because of course, we were going to use "used" lumber and would have to pull the nails out. Being my typical self, I could not find my crowbar, although I had recently used it.

I then called her back, "I can't find my crowbar." [you must imagine our Appalachian accent so that it sounds more like, "Ah cain't find mah crowbaar."
"Do you reckon I left it at your house?"

"No, it ain't here," she says. "I done checked in the building. But it don't matter. I found a tire iron. We can pull the nails out with that."

So, I hopped in my car and went down there. We pulled nails out with a tire iron.
I wanted to measure the boards before we cut them so that they would all be the same length, but she said, "Naw, let's just nail up there and then when we're done, we can take the chainsaw and just go along the top and make them all the same size. Cause it takes too long to measure everyone of them."

I shrugged. "Okay, however you want to do it. It's your fence."

When you build a fence with an ESTP woman, you better know a few things, like how to duck. Cause if you don't have quick reflexes, she will hit you in the head with a board. You also better know how to jump or else when she swings that support beam around, she WILL hit you in the shin and you WILL have a bruise on your leg [even if you have been training in iron body.] Another thing you better learn is how to read her mind or she will catch your finger between the board she's putting into place and the one she's nailing it do and your hand will get pinched, hit and mashed.

In the end, we had a fence. It was leaning and the boards were all uneven, but she says, "Oh, well, it serves the purpose. Can't no peeping Tom's see me in the pool now. I guess we ought to paint it white so the boards will match." Mind you, the boards are made of 100 year old barn wood [I tore the barn down with the crowbar that I couldn't find. That's how I know.] No two boards are the same height and the fence is leaning, but it needs to be painted so that the boards will all match. I laughed a little bit and said, "Yeah, we can paint it if you want to."

Then my sister turns to me and smiles, "We sure do make a great team. We work so well together."

And, I guess that if you want an uneven fence that leans a little but will keep the peeping Toms away from your pool, that we do work well together. In return for helping her build her fence, she accompanies me to literary events where she is surrounded by poet-types of people that she finds quirky and interesting and then we laugh all the way home. We actually DO have a lot of fun together, because we've learned to pick our battles and not to sweat the small stuff, like the uneven boards, but of course, if it were my fence, we WOULD measure those boards before putting them up!

Anyway, yesterday I found that crowbar. It was in my garden shed, lying on a shelf, under a piece of paper. "Hmph," I said. "Well, what'd ya know? There's that crowbar."

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Awesome story, I love it :)

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Great story! <3

(Don't paint the barnboards though, paint won't even last a season on that old wood. You'd have to pressure-wash them first, and even then ... likely won't take the paint well.)

And WHERE ARE THE PICS! I would love to see PICS!

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Aquarelle, Skylights and PeaceBaby,

Thanks. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I'll tell her not to paint them, but whether or not she listens, we'll see. I'll tell her that it will end up costing her more in the long run and maybe talk her out of painting them! Thanks for the advice.