User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is ISTP the Most Intuitive of All the sensors?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 35.71%
  • No

18 64.29%
123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Default Is ISTP the Most Intuitive of All the sensors?

I would think they could be, since they have INFJ functions, the most super-intuitive of all the types, albeit in a different order, but of course, I could be wrong, and hence I need external input from the various members of the forum.

I think though that there is evidence in my favor, as of all the sensors on this forum, it seems that ISTPs are definately the most logical and NT-like, as well as the most interested in debates of a philosophical nature, so am I right?

MBTI
    INTP

By definition, no. ISTPs have tertiary N, making them no more or less inclined toward intuition than anyone else with tertiary N.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    By definition, no. ISTPs have tertiary N, making them no more or less inclined toward intuition than anyone else with tertiary N.
    But what if an N function augemented by Ti has better powers, like it could give it an extra depth of focus or something I would think.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

They might tie with ISFPs who also have tertiary Ni. Otherwise, yes the ISPs are the most intuitive I would vote.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    But what if an N function augemented by Ti has better powers, like it could give it an extra depth of focus or something I would think.
    Na, it doesn't work like that. N is N. ISTPs might be the smartest (in the traditional sense) sensors, though, if that's what you mean. Having dominant Ti is indeed something that contributes to that because Ti lends itself to big-picture impersonal analysis. The only other sensor with a dominant T function is the ESTJ, and perhaps they come close the ISTP in terms of traditional intelligence, but experientially I have not found that to be the case.

Your argument rests on the premises that INFJ would be the most intuitive type even though there is nothing to say that Ni is more intuitive than Ne.

I have encountered both ISP types and in the correct environment both can come across as quite intuitive (even if mine thinks they have come to incorrect conclusions) and the ISPs I work with do seem to like a bit of woo now and again (though much more the ISTP than ISFP.) ESJs have a good use of Ne in my experience as well (though its scope seems too limited for me to enjoy.)

I would say they are both about equal. I don't think Ti is more or less intuitive than Fi.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ I do actually think Ni generally is a more "pure" form of iNutuition than Ne.

I'd say ISFPs tend to be. ISTPs can have really brilliant flashes of intuitive insight but I think the more linear nature of Ti somewhat restricts the operation of non-linear Ni, whereas F is more mutable.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I'm not sure how Intuition is defined. However, I constantly and unknowingly store random bits and pieces of information. Based upon those random bits and pieces, I've been able to successfully predict all kinds of future trends and eventual happenings. Along with putting together logical and immediate solutions for present problems, that address more longer term needs. Even though I live n the present, and thinking abstractly about the future makes my head hurt.

Permabanned

I find that Ni for me is quite strong especially as I keep getting older I'm able to really see patterns that become more and more predictable. I also have a general interest in abstract weird shit sometimes like UFO's, quantum physics, space and the universe which I find are all Ni related.

WALMART

I do not think they are the most habitually intuition engaging. That award would maybe go to ESFP or some other SF. I do think they and ESTP's are the most efficient of the entire spectrum at utilizing intuition, between mental and physical tasks.