User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is ISTP the Most Intuitive of All the sensors?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 35.71%
  • No

18 64.29%
First 456

Quote Originally Posted by infinite View Post
    hehe I like that too. Also, I sometimes do this map drawing inside my head even while on the move (going by what I've seen, not by google maps, of course). Do you draw it inside your head or on paper actually?
    Usually in my head but sometimes on paper.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Yes you did, it's all there in black and white in text above... I have no idea why the fuck you'd deny that but I'm not interested in figuring out why.
    oh, whoops, thought we were still talking about ISTPs. in that case, yes, I did say that about NTPs ("grand prize for missing the fucking point award").

but you're right, it is a communication issue, and communication is very much related to MBTI
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Would you guys say that, of all the Sensor types, ISTP is one of the most oblivious to others' feelings? I ask because there was a similar discussion evolving in @ZombieKiller's thread.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    oh, whoops, thought we were still talking about ISTPs. in that case, yes, I did say that about NTPs ("grand prize for missing the fucking point award").

but you're right, it is a communication issue, and communication is very much related to MBTI
    Heh okay.

Yes, I find MBTI good for some communication analysis

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    Would you guys say that, of all the Sensor types, ISTP is one of the most oblivious to others' feelings?
    No, I think most ISTPs are acutely aware of others' feelings.
    and often ISTPs are crippled into inaction by wanting to fulfill the emotional needs of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannik View Post
    No, I think most ISTPs are acutely aware of others' feelings.
    and often ISTPs are crippled into inaction by wanting to fulfill the emotional needs of others.
    I actually relate to that a lot.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LSI

Interesting. I only had that under a very special life circumstance. Looking back it was severe stress though at the time I didn't realise I was experiencing a stressful period lol

Anyway, yeah, it was exactly like that. Me going around or just sitting - or lying down in bed -, while constantly thinking inside head, Ni running away wild and Ti trying to run after it, to solve all the bullshit the Ni would bring up. In some lucky cases, I did manage to shoot down bad ideas with some nice Ti. For me the solution was not through getting new information (Se or not) but through Ti finally making sense of all of it. I didn't find Se on its own helpful in this process. Well I did find Se data helpful as long as I was bringing the data in strictly under the close control of Ti. In practice that meant experimentation - me observing certain things contrasted against a (TiNi) hypothesis and evaluating the results logically (Ti).

My default way of thinking does not deal with Ni as much as that, I don't make up hypotheticals. I just crunch & analyse concrete data. Forming hypotheticals is a pretty draining process for me. Sometimes some insights are okay/cool/not draining but that just happens in "eureka" moments...

When I had another TiNi loop, that was less intense but drawn out for a long-ish time where I did have quite some Ni ideas, not the bad ideas, but some nice ones. Whenever it would start to go circular - not too often -, I was actually able to shoot that down with Ti. No problem. Simply need to stay consistent and that way it's easy to shoot that down.

What do you mean by driving yourself literally insane? O_o What was that like?
    Well, it wasn't purely taking in the data with Se, it was giving new information the the TiNi loop, so that i wouldn't go to far into the same loop. By driving myself insane, it was after days of isolation, leading to a single loop perpetuating for to long, and being stuck inside my head for so long that i would end up sitting in complete stillness, and after a while of that needing to purge my thoughts with either of the extraverted judging functions, I'm not truly sure which. The first time i completely flipped out, and ended up trashing my room. The second i spent an entire day ranting to myself, and a remember specifically saying, out loud: "And here i am... talking to an empty room, and myself, like some kind of *expletive* lunatic, just *explative* perfect.

I wouldn't say it was true insanity, as i was still in touch with reality, but it was definately not true sanity. Of course, it ended when i reached catharsis, followed by cleaning up my mess in the former case, and in the latter, taking care of my basic needs like eating which i had neglected for several hours despite the fact that i was aware of them. Then i went out, because i recognized the need to engage myself in something. Now that i think about it, these events were during very stressful points in my life and quite close together as well, perhaps started by the repressed emotionality that i was feeling.

I haven't experienced another incident, as i started engaging my Se actively every day, either through exercise, socialization, or just random sightseeing to prevent boredom. Not to say that the loops went away, they just don't go to the extreme anymore.

Also, an afterthought to your mentioning of Ni, it was my NI "reunning wild" with Se, then Ti trying to rationalize my Ni thoughts. It was sort of Se>Ni>Ti>Ni>Ti... and so on, until i eventually hit Fe, then going back to Se. Hopefully that is clearer than my previous interpretation.