User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default SP's handling boredom

I'm thinking about a few SP's I know and they absolutely CAN NOT handle being bored, especially when they are alone. They seem to go bonkers and almost panic, even the introverted ones, and they have to DO something and end up doing something crazy (lol, jk). Anyways, this reaction to boredom could be because they get anxious about something? What do you think? Is this a common SP trait or am I imagining it?

MBTI
    yupp

My ESFP room mate is like this, but i don't know how common it is among SPs I don't know if I know a lot of SPs or not, I only type people I'm extremely close to
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISTP

I can kind of relate to that. I hate not doing anything, it feels like I'm wasting time I'll never get back. If it's just a short term thing it's not that bad, but if it's like a chronic condition it can get very depressing.

WALMART

I feel I am in perpetual physical motion. I prefer to stand often times to sitting, and I prefer to pace to standing still.

It's like my mind is spinning its wheels, and only through the motion of my body do I find traction.

Gotta be doing something. I have been stuck at home for a few days and I'm getting antsy. Been doing little nothings to keep me moving, but I am running out of things to do.
    Dirt Farmer

Not sure of SP status but boredom makes me anxious and then cranky and then sad. I also tend to get and stay bored more frequently if I'm on the verge of a depressive episode, so it's something I need to address immediately.

Have to stay engaged or I'll turn into a vegetable.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I used to get the "ants in my pants" syndrome more before but I get it less now.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Not implying he's an SP, but I could relate to the manifestation of his boredom. In a less violent way. More like... I'll just lazily knock everything off of a counter and then just lay on the floor until the boredom goes away.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I made a Facebook status one day that said, "I'm restless and lazy. I need something to do but when I find out what it is, I'm not gonna do it."

That about sums it up.

I find when I'm alone I don't have much restlessness. When I'm with people, I need to be doing something.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I get pretty anxious and restless if I go too long without anything to do. That's when I start driving around aimlessly for excessive periods of time...or drinking, or smoking. Or even eating too much. Or exercising too much. It's always something physical.

My ESFP sister is 1000x worse about this, too. She can't even enjoy one peaceful day without going crazy and (best case scenario) annoying and pestering everyone, or (worst case) binge drinking to a frightening extent.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness