• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] How much space do you need

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
to feel calm and relaxed.
Where do you get it?

For me it's been either when I stand in the middle of a big sports facility when it's empty OR in one of those huuuuge SUPERstores where you walk 30 min one direction to reach a wall.
Feels so calm. Like a weight has been lifted and my energy flows much smoother.

Anybody knows what I'm talking about or I should get myself checked?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
are you a slow walker? or am I just really fast, because it takes me 5 minutes. I need people to be on the otherside of the equator sometimes. ok exageration, but there are times i don't want to the existence of anyone

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
just in my room with a closed door is enough for me.

it sounds like you might be somewhat claustrophobic?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
just in my room with a closed door is enough for me.

it sounds like you might be somewhat claustrophobic?

I can see this, but the problem is i'm scared that someone will bust down the door and start judging me. so yeah if i really really really think about it i prefer having the house to myself.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Space wise, I like people at arms length away, which is close enough for intimate conversation, but not too close for comfort. When I'm feeling like it, I don't being closer than that to people, especially with people I really care about. But I do need a lot of space in leaving me alone to do what I want to do. Then when I'm done I'll gladly rejoin society once again :)

W

WALMART

I need a great deal of interpersonal space, contextually. Physically, as much or as little as it comes. I'm pretty indifferent in terms of emotional tension.

I do like epic-scale things, like being at Enchanted Rock, or staring at deep space photographs.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
thing is, Se likes space.

I wanted to see if this is indeed true for Se people
and how everybody deals with it

Maybe I was wrong and it has nothing to do with Se

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not so much space but energy in a space. The open store thing - that weirds me out because everyone you see, you have an awkward pass-by. Ugh. I love crowds. I can be alone in a crowd. In a good way.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Physically, not much. I can be about arms-wide against another person and still be calm. Any closer and I might feel agitated if I don't know you (if the situation calls for being that close, like a crowded bus, than no... no agitation I'll squeeze myself on a buss or something with a stranger.. if I have to.)

It is usually based on the scenario. Running water and or something like a campfire are some of the things I notice that gets me calm (can't create a campfire unless... camping though...) because I can get myself into a trance by listening/looking at them.

Running water is especially something that gets me calm.

in the middle of a big sports facility when it's empty

That just sounds freaky if there isn't another person there. A huge expanse of nothingness but rows and rows of empty seats does not sound very calming :D.

I mean, I don't have agoraphobia or anything but... freaky. It is like one of those horror films where you go through a hospital walkway (during night time) with little to no sound kind of freaky.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I need a lot of space, especially when I need to decompress because I have internalized too much. Fortunately I live in the forest where no other neighbors can be seen. For a number of years I've been lucky enough to have a swing to sit on and look out at nature. I will also sit quietly on the groun in the forest away from all people. I also love to lie down and look up at the stars. When I realize how small I am, and that I am a part of a larger whole, a feeling of peace comes over me.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I need a lot of space.

Like, if I'm sitting in a cramped spot with no where to move, I will start hyperventilating and I will fidget about my seat restlessly.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Having my nose buried in a book is enough when ESFJ mom doesn't decide to interrupt and strike up conversation out of nowhere. Otherwise short walks by myself do the trick.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know about 'need'. But I do take a lot of space.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
thing is, Se likes space.

I wanted to see if this is indeed true for Se people
and how everybody deals with it

Maybe I was wrong and it has nothing to do with Se

I'm not sure what you mean. As I understand it, "Se" is shorthand for extraverted sensing, which is basically just describing a way to take in information via the senses externally. Feelings about the space between you and anyone/anything else seems to be more of a personal thing.

But to the answer the original question, basically none. I do like there to be space between me and someone/something that is off-putting, for instance if there's a loud buzzer going off I'd rather that not be next to my ear, or someone who smells bad right next to my nose, etc. But I have no inherent "need for space" at all.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was left with the impression that Se is energy. It flows, you engage.

Was I wrong?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Se and energy are not really related IMO, although you're vague enough that I'm not really sure what you mean.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I thought needing space, to have alone time, depended on introvert/extrovert functions.

I need to get away from the demands of people in general. First thing in the morning, before anyone in my family wakes up, are my best time. Love to have 1/2 hour nature walks at this time.
At the end of the day, I'm usually beat unless I can have some alone time which usually doesn't happen until everyone is in bed.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I moved to colorado and have a sliding door to a deck that looks out at the mountains. I need a lot of fuckin space.

Se dominants often suffer from some form of claustrophobia. Not so much a terrifying fear, just a discomfort with enclosed spaces. I actually cram myself in enclosed spaces as a sort of overcompensation "fuck you" to my own claustrophobia.