• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Life After (Or In Lieu Of) MBTI (Sensing Types Move On After Determing Type)...

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
...... But Intuitive types stay around although as introverts you seem to have no problem in idle chat. I just looked at the sub-forum counts as of this post:

NF-22843
NT-29639
SP-3050
SJ-2843

Need I say more?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I guess it's probably because the N types are more into long-term analysis of people whereas we S types are more into actually doing stuff. So, an SJ might not spend much time posting here because they feel bound to more traditional obligations, and an SP would likely just get bored with the activity and move onto doing something else. I've been here almost a month now, which one particular member told me makes me one of the longest running SFPs ever. ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...... But Intuitive types stay around although as introverts you seem to have no problem in idle chat. I just looked at the sub-forum counts as of this post:

NF-22843
NT-29639
SP-3050
SJ-2843

Need I say more?

well, it's also necessary to note the total volume of NF/NTs who came here in the FIRST place, vs S types, if you're just going to look at "quantity of posts," correct?

So yeah, ya need to say more. ;)

heart

heart on fire

NF-22843
NT-29639
SP-3050
SJ-2843

Need I say more?

I don't understand why this is supposed to be so earth shattering a revelation. MBTI is a theory, therefore people who like to discuss theory will tend to find it more interesting than those who don't. People who like to discuss theory will check the box on "I like to discuss theory" thus more likely to come out N type.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I don't understand why this is supposed to be so earth shattering a revelation. MBTI is a theory, therefore people who like to discuss theory will tend to find it more interesting than those who don't. People who like to discuss theory will check the box on "I like to discuss theory" thus more likely to come out N type.
Yet the majority of post are not related to theory but mere chatting of other subjects and personal discussions.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
well, it's also necessary to note the total volume of NF/NTs who came here in the FIRST place, vs S types, if you're just going to look at "quantity of posts," correct?

So yeah, ya need to say more. ;)
That is something that I considered Jennifer, but like in real life when I have nothing to contribute I usually don't partake in discussions. In fact I usually go get into something else and remove myself from the group. I guess it's the same here. You can only discuss theory for so long and maybe I should train myself to be a little more open to idle chat.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yet the majority of post are not related to theory but mere chatting of other subjects and personal discussions.

I'm not certain this says anything about MBTI as much as people simply being attracted to like personalities. As you point out many of the topics have nothing to do with MBTI. I looked at forum demographics a while back and saw that INxx types dominate the forum (over 50%), while both ISxx types and ENxx types have a signigicant showing (about 20-25% each) and ESxx types are almost non-existant (less than 5%).

This forum attracts both intuitives and introverts. That is not necessarily a bad thing, it's simply the target demographic that the forum is aimed at (whether intentionally or not).

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
Yes, I was about to wonder about the number of extraverts vs the number of sensors. We seem to be about even.

But LL got there first. :)

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I'm not certain this says anything about MBTI as much as people simply being attracted to like personalities. As you point out many of the topics have nothing to do with MBTI. I looked at forum demographics a while back and saw that INxx types dominate the forum (over 50%), while both ISxx types and ENxx types have a signigicant showing (about 20-25% each) and ESxx types are almost non-existant (less than 5%).

This forum attracts both intuitives and introverts. That is not necessarily a bad thing, it's simply the target demographic that the forum is aimed at (whether intentionally or not).
No it's not a bad thing and I was actully looking for demographics because this comes into play significantly. Yet proportionately I think that intuitives post more than sensors, regardless of E/I.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
People with strong Ne get tired after a time about stuff too. ;)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
is this even a surprise ?

heart

heart on fire

Doesn't matter. ISFP, ISTP out doing something, INFP, INTP find it just as pleasing to chat online. No harm done either side. jmo.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like to chat online too, though. It just comes and goes. I might have a period of a month, two months, maybe longer, where I chat online all the time, and then go several months where I hardly do at all because I've found something else to spend all my time doing. But the internet is kinda unifying, because whatever it is I happen to be into at the moment, there's usually internet sites devoted to it, and that's usually a part of my enjoyment of it, whatever it actually is.

Like, even when I was my most obsessed with highway driving, I discovered websites about that, and spent time I wasn't out driving looking at websites about driving and roads! Meanwhile about a month ago or so I got really into the personality type stuff and started trying to read about every site I could find about it, and even joined this forum and started bugging people here. So, anyway, there ya go. Or something. :headphne:

alicia91

I'm not certain this says anything about MBTI as much as people simply being attracted to like personalities

Exactly my thoughts. Perhaps if this board started with equal numbers of the types it would be different. I know plenty of S-types that post on forums so I don't think it's got anything to do with them being 'out there, doing stuff.'