MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen!!!@!@!!@@
    See, that's where I needed somebody like you there to think of taking screenshots.

Teamwork, man. Teamwork.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I'm shy around mean people, authorities, and guys I feel very attracted to who I don't know.
    ....and you're exactly the kind of girl that catches my eye.......I LOVE shy girls.......so sexy........
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. --- Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Are you shy?
    Yes.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

not shy but sometimes anxiety when I get a lot of attention in an unfamiliar situation and I doubt that it's going well.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado44 View Post
    ....and you're exactly the kind of girl that catches my eye.......I LOVE shy girls.......so sexy........
    is that a snap of G Clooney, clocking a shy girl?
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

MBTI
    TiSe

I don't think that I was ever shy, just someone who preferred to observe. However, I have to be in the middle of getting something accomplished instead of sitting on the sidelines.

MBTI
    INFP

People say I'm shy, I think I'm not.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

When I was five, friends of my parents came over to visit one evening. After some time, they realized they couldn't find me. They finally located me wedged in the backroom between the dryer and the wall.

I've had long periods of time where I would take a different hallway/route if I heard someone coming, because it was too stressful to meet their gaze or wonder what I'd have to say if they said "hi" or smiled at me.

I also know what it's like to start driving to some place with lots of people or just new people... and if there's no one there I'd be letting down by not showing up, I'd finally break down when I got there, circle around the place wondering what to do, and then go somewhere else by myself and just never show, because of the terrible stress involved.

I'm a lot better than I was, now, thank goodness... although i still feel the anxiety sometimes even to feel sick to my stomach. But I've done it enough to deal with it and trust myself AND others.

I don't think that introversion = shyness. One can be introverted and not necessarily shy. I think shyness gets mistaken for introversion. Introversion is more just a preference of how to use one's energy (which direction energy gets focused in), what recharges one, etc.

Shyness usually involves a lot of fear and also doubt in one's own abilities to cope and a lack of trust in the intent of others... and maybe the desire to avoid self-embarrassment. If I enter this new and strange place without knowing the rules, I might make a mistake; if I go here, people might ignore me and leave me feeling invisible and worthless; if I go here, I'll have to "perform" and I feel totally inept and people will think I'm stupid or laugh at me. (And so on.) So there's a lot of negative self-perception involved with shyness, or at least a lot of fear that is not necessarily the same as introversion.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Im pretty shy I try not to show it though so most people who know me wouldn't think that I am

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    When I was five, friends of my parents came over to visit one evening. After some time, they realized they couldn't find me. They finally located me wedged in the backroom between the dryer and the wall.
    I did a similar thing once at my elderly neighbours house and hid behind a room divider cause I got all shy, my neighbour was sick with worry as to where I was Oops

He called me Heidi from that day on