• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPS at TypeC

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:ninja:

So...for all your talk about people being idiots and for all your 'it is what it is' mantras and for all your Se-no nonsense/the here and now is what matters-attitude, you seem to be the ones (out of all S's) that are most densely populating TypeC, even overtaking ISFPs.

Why is that?

*backs away slowly*

R

Riva

When it comes to self analysis TP types probably are more concerned with the perfectionist aspect of it - what works, why it worked, what went wrong, how could I avoid it from happening again etc. So a forum would be a gold mine to gather infor and ask questions. Also istps ask a lot of questions have you noticed? This is not to know about the other but probably to understand thinking patterns to make more sense of the world. You see istps like to make sense of the world. So again for an istp a forum is a gold mine to make sense of the world and others.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When it comes to self analysis TP types probably are more concerned with the perfectionist aspect of it - what works, why it worked, what went wrong, how could I avoid it from happening again etc. So a forum would be a gold mine to gather infor and ask questions. Also istps ask a lot of questions have you noticed? This is not to know about the other but probably to understand thinking patterns to make more sense of the world. You see istps like to make sense of the world. So again for an istp a forum is a gold mine to make sense of the world and others.

Well said :yes:

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP

So...for all your talk about people being idiots and for all your 'it is what it is' mantras and for all your Se-no nonsense/the here and now is what matters-attitude, you seem to be the ones (out of all S's) that are most densely populating TypeC, even overtaking ISFPs.

Why is that?

*backs away slowly*

To call people like you idiots and give you a send-off with "it is what it is."
Satisfied?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION]

yup

its a great place to poke people with sticks and see what happens

jixmixfix

Permabanned

If I'm not asking the questions I'm usually thinking about them in my head constantly.

S

Society

If I'm not asking the questions I'm usually thinking about them in my head constantly.

that's Ti for you... which reminds me: we've debated this in the council chambers, and i think there's a general consensus that ISTPs should join the NT club.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
that's Ti for you... which reminds me: we've debated this in the council chambers, and i think there's a general consensus that ISTPs should join the NT club.

I'm not sure if that's simply "TI" or me trying to clarify misinformation "Te"?. I guess it's a bit of both?

S

Society

I'm not sure if that's simply "TI" or me trying to clarify misinformation "Te"?. I guess it's a bit of both?

Ti is usually very much a question-generating mechanism, wondering about and exploring the data (from any perceiving function). Te places all the information bits it perceives into a goal - how do i get from A to Z. it doesn't quite wonders around.

FYI - if you're questioning yourself between ISTJ and ISTP, you come across very much as an ISTP.

more importantly: when will know of your answer? (joining the NT club)?

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP

Why is that?

*backs away slowly*

I don't see the contradiction.

At least for me I don't feel like you need to duck and cover on this one, I'm not upset by your question but it seems motivated less by actual curiosity and more by the desire to prove a point or possibly get back at someone who you feel slighted you? So...just come out with it, Amar.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
FYI - if you're questioning yourself between ISTJ and ISTP, you come across very much as an ISTP.

Are you kidding me!? I see jixmixfix as ISTJ; very average and realistic rather than reasoned and dynamic.

idk random I just felt like randomly disagreeing with you.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Ti is usually very much a question-generating mechanism, wondering about and exploring the data (from any perceiving function). Te places all the information bits it perceives into a goal - how do i get from A to Z. it doesn't quite wonders around.

more importantly: when will know of your answer? (joining the NT club)?

I came across a dilemma in my typing as I am both ISTp in socionics and MBTI ISTP. Socionics uses SI Te for ISTp and as I read through the socionics descriptions I am definitely not ISTJ in that system. There are bits and pieces in that I agree I am TI and then there are some where I think I am Si. Both socionics and MBTi have their own idea of the functions and this is why I think there is a conflict between the two systems. I don't think I will ever come to a conclusion until I read Jungs book or find significant information on how Jung types since he is the originator after all. When I find extra time I will definitely do this. I actually think Te does wonder around because Te finds pleasure in manipulating it's external environment. In order to do this you needs to know the nature of your external environment "SI".

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Are you kidding me!? I see jixmixfix as ISTJ; very average and realistic rather than reasoned and dynamic.

idk random I just felt like randomly disagreeing with you.

Average? how are ISTJ's "average?" they are rigid, organized left brain thinkers for the most part not "average" this is probably why you don't even know your own type.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They are average because they are very predictable and do the right thing rather than take extreme measures to become something greater.
Those are good qualities; they are not incredible qualities.
Don't take everything I say too seriously either, as it's just fun to cause chaos!

jixmixfix

Permabanned
They are average because they are very predictable and do the right thing rather than take extreme measures to become something greater.
Those are good qualities; they are not incredible qualities.
Don't take everything I say too seriously either, as it's just fun to cause chaos!

I think your definition of the word "average" is off. Clearly ISTJ's can go to extreme measures have you ever seen an ISTJ cop, firefighter or soldier in the military? There are a ton of them and they risk their lives every day.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think your definition of the word "average" is off. Clearly ISTJ's can go to extreme measures have you ever seen an ISTJ cop, firefighter or soldier in the military? There are a ton of them and they risk their lives every day.

True, very true. Those are good points! ISTJs do indeed show amazing efforts of bravery and valor when overcoming adversity, or at least they can when given proper motivation.

By the way, I am typed right now via sig and user info as intp, and you said in my thread that you were sure I'm intp, so by your terms, I do too know my type!

jixmixfix

Permabanned
True, very true. Those are good points! ISTJs do indeed show amazing efforts of bravery and valor when overcoming adversity, or at least they can when given proper motivation.

By the way, I am typed right now via sig and user info as intp, and you said in my thread that you were sure I'm intp, so by your terms, I do too know my type!

MBTI INTP or ENTP for sure.

P.S I'm an MBTI ISTP.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp