MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    I don't see the contradiction.

At least for me I don't feel like you need to duck and cover on this one, I'm not upset by your question but it seems motivated less by actual curiosity and more by the desire to prove a point or possibly get back at someone who you feel slighted you? So...just come out with it, Amar.
    It was fueled by curiosity, considering the difficulty we have around here keeping S's around. You guys do stick out, in a way.

The other part was a tongue-in-cheek joke, due to feeling like I was stepping into the lions' den to ask the resident pride why they would even live in such a place, without knowing if they would be hungry or not

For the record - I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts!

★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Society

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I came across a dilemma in my typing as I am both ISTp in socionics and MBTI ISTP. Socionics uses SI Te for ISTp and as I read through the socionics descriptions I am definitely not ISTJ in that system. There are bits and pieces in that I agree I am TI and then there are some where I think I am Si. Both socionics and MBTi have their own idea of the functions and this is why I think there is a conflict between the two systems. I don't think I will ever come to a conclusion until I read Jungs book or find significant information on how Jung types since he is the originator after all. When I find extra time I will definitely do this. I actually think Te does wonder around because Te finds pleasure in manipulating it's external environment. In order to do this you needs to know the nature of your external environment "SI".
    i have had the same happen to me (ENTP and ENTp). but then looking at the socionics functions descriptions, for each block, their using the same words as MBTI to describe altogether different things - they are not really describing the same functions.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Difference between ISTP and ISTJ.

I'm also simultaneously describing socionics ISTp and ISTj.

The functions between the systems ARE the same. If you analyze both systems, you'll realize that the MBTI articles are often inconsistent with the functional definitions. The articles are usually describing the manifestation of the functions of the other personality (J/P are switched).

Introverted sensing is a very aesthetic function, and the idea that it has to do with "rules" is bollocks, that's Te and Ti. Doesn't make any sense. A lot of stereotypes would portray ISFP's as big hippies who are very chill. Then we transfer over to ESFP and suddenly you get a very aggressive in your face and intense personality. Its inconsistent. ISFP's are often viewed as the most committed of SP's in relationships. Their primary function is a JUDGING function, and they often look very closed off to the world, up until they go to the club and start taking ecstasy and dancing their asses off and sleeping around with everyone they met that night... lol.

ISFJ's (MBTI) on the otherhand are very much the same flavor as ENTP. They can be quiet and stoic but have a very goofy sense of humor and barely take themselves seriously. They're usually quite lighthearted as well (unless they're E4, which is kinda rare in my experience).

ISTJ's are very aesthetically inclined and get frustrated over chaotic aesthetic elements. Loud noises, bad smells, etc. ISTP's are actually the rule makers and look very rigid in appearance. For example: celebok on youtube is an ISTP (many disagree because he's so rigid, but this is a manifestation of his primary Ti, a very order seeking function).

The only reason ISTP's are thought of as jocks or sporty is because of the ESTP's who think they're ISTP's... like myself, or the occasional ISTP athlete with more of a focus on Se than Ti. Those are the ones we're more used to.

Wrong.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

@Amargith

Quite a few ISTPs from another typology site are making their way here. Hence, increase in numbers.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    that's Ti for you... which reminds me: we've debated this in the council chambers, and i think there's a general consensus that ISTPs should join the NT club.
    My personal belief is a lot of the ISTPs on here are INTPs or INTJs.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Society

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    My personal belief is a lot of the ISTPs on here are INTPs or INTJs.
    i wouldn't jump to that conclusion so fast, my experience is that if it's a thinker/perceiver in an intellectual TiNi dance, it usually is an ISTP. its just that a lot of them are... well, have more shared interest with what you find in the NT junkyard then with other SPs.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    i wouldn't jump to that conclusion so fast, my experience is that if it's a thinker/perceiver in an intellectual TiNi dance, it usually is an ISTP. its just that a lot of them are... well, have more shared interest with what you find in the NT junkyard then with other SPs.
    Its based upon my observations over time not a jump. Also its why the preface of personal opinion was listed.

I don't believe in the whole TiNi loop thing. That may explain moments in an ISTPs life (Ni creeps in as paranoia and doubt) but not a prolonged period of time. That makes no sense (to me). When under stress I have escaped into Ti (without Ni) or Se ( without Ti filters) not skipped it and gone to Ni and lingered there.

If someone is typing themselves as ISTP in a "loop" they are mistyped. But I can understand why people would not agree with this. There seems to be two sides on the loop issues. People who believe it and those who don't. So that's where I'm coming from.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Society

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Its based upon my observations over time not a jump. Also its why the preface of personal opinion was listed.

I don't believe in the whole TiNi loop thing. That may explain moments in an ISTPs life (Ni creeps in as paranoia and doubt) but not a prolonged period of time. That makes no sense (to me). When under stress I have escaped into Ti (without Ni) or Se ( without Ti filters) not skipped it and gone to Ni and lingered there.

If someone is typing themselves as ISTP in a "loop" they are mistyped. But I can understand why people would not agree with this. There seems to be two sides on the loop issues. People who believe it and those who don't. So that's where I'm coming from.
    i don't think Ji->Pi loops happen when you are stressed, i think they happen when you are under-stimulated: Se isn't getting enough new input for Ti to explore so Ti goes to the next source in line.

i am also not of the mindset that loops are inherently unhealthy, FYI. it's a natural part of development and learning to engage are lower functions.

ofcourse i'm (probably) not an ISTP, so that's just my 2 cents.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    It was fueled by curiosity, considering the difficulty we have around here keeping S's around. You guys do stick out, in a way.
    Got a problem with that?

The other part was a tongue-in-cheek joke, due to feeling like I was stepping into the lions' den to ask the resident pride why they would even live in such a place, without knowing if they would be hungry or not
    Yeah, and it wasn't funny.
    Try harder next time.

Fuck's sake.

For the record - I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts!

Quit smoking crack.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

You seriously have some rage towards our breed, it seems. That is a pity really, as I find that ISTPs and ENFPs tend to play well together when there is a mutual understanding.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”