• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] STP's and motocycles

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So is it only STPs who have motorcycles?

I know this sounds like a dumb question but when I think about everyone I know who has a motorcycle, they are all STPs, and I was wondering if this was true for other people as well. Basically, what I'm asking if for you to think of people you know who have motorcycles and type them.

Thank you in advance. :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know many people who own motorcycles...

I have a friend who's probably ISFx who loves loves loves his motorcycle.

My dad's an INTP and he rode his bike all the time before my mom made him get rid of it. :laugh:

My ISTP friend likes motorcycles, but doesn't own one; I think she sometimes rides her dad's bike. No idea what her dad's type is.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if [MENTION=15246]SD45T-2[/MENTION] were into motorcycles, since he's into trains and cars...

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let's see. I'm probably leaving a few out but..
Two ENFPs, three ISTPs, and I had one.

PJWakt

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know someone who's ESFP who had one and loved it. I also know someone who's probably an IxxJ who is an enthusiast.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Childrens Card Games on Motorcycles!

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The few STPs I know don't have motorcycles.
I have one, my ESTJ boss's boss has one, my INFP neighbor has one, an ENTP at work has several as do another ISFJ, and one ENTP at work used to be into them but no more.

Actually, another neighbor of mine has one and he seems ESTP.

W

WALMART

Yes, they perform an MBTI test at the DMV before issuing an M class endorsement to ensure some silly ENFJ won't kill themselves riding.

I know many people that own motorcycles, all of them have a little STP inside them.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know an ExTJ who owned motorcycles for years till his INFP wife made him stop riding. I know an xNFP who rides them (he is quite skilled at it, actually). Soon, I shall acquire one; partly due to efficiency, partly because I love being outside. Ironically, my ISTP dad is very anti-motorcycles (at least for me).

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ahhh motorcycles <3 :harley:

I was the bikerchick of an ESTP back in the day :wubbie:

But, my INXP brother also rode as did my mother, the bad ass ISFJ of the house. Both stopped when they got families however. My brothers ESFJ wife had an unfortunate near-accident with a truck when she was a passenger on my brothers bike and that, as they say, was that, when they married :D

I believe [MENTION=219]Metamorphosis[/MENTION] has/had one and he is intj. And.. [MENTION=9766]Juice[/MENTION] (ENFJ) looks like he might have one :happy2:

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Also I wouldn't be surprised if [MENTION=15246]SD45T-2[/MENTION] were into motorcycles, since he's into trains and cars...
Somewhat. I know what's popular with law enforcement.

The Kawasaki KZ1000P Police was very successful. Then starting around the late '90s (IIRC) the CHP and a bunch of other agencies adopted the BMW R1100RT-P, which was followed by the 1150 and 1200. Kawasaki returned to the law enforcement market a few years ago with the Concours 14 and Honda offers the ST1300. I hear both the Kawasaki and Honda are much cheaper to repair and maintain than the BMWs, and they have become pretty popular. There are still some agencies who use Harleys.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd love to have a motorcycle, though I think it might be a little less important to me than a typical STP. I think what it comes down to, is STPs, especially ISTPs, love to manipulate things using their unique skills. Motorcycles require the quick response and on the fly thinking that ISTPs are so very good at and seem to enjoy using so much. I'm sure motorcycles are attractive to other types too, just not in quite the same way. It's like my own type and flow charts. I love a good flow chart. :D :wubbie:

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd love to have a motorcycle, though I think it might be a little less important to me than a typical STP. I think what it comes down to, is STPs, especially ISTPs, love to manipulate things using their unique skills. Motorcycles require the quick response and on the fly thinking that ISTPs are so very good at and seem to enjoy using so much. I'm sure motorcycles are attractive to other types too, just not in quite the same way. It's like my own type and flow charts. I love a good flow chart. :D :wubbie:

Funniest aspect is that I don't even have a thought in my head when riding, which I suppose could be like the "on the fly" element you're speaking of. It's like merging with the immediate physical environment and just doing it. Mechanical aspect is a bit different. Those more aware of "thinking through" Yeah, I agree a motorcycle can be attractive for many types.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Funniest aspect is that I don't even have a thought in my head when riding, which I suppose could be like the "on the fly" element you're speaking of. It's like merging with the immediate physical environment and just doing it. Mechanical aspect is a bit different. Those more aware of "thinking through" Yeah, I agree a motorcycle can be attractive for many types.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant. Basically "becoming one" with the motorcycle.