User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 15

  1. #1
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default Questions for ESTP's

    I have a bunch of questions for other ESTP's. I'd like to hear your input so I can deduce what is enneagram/instinct/mbti related, and what is not.

    1. What is your enneagram and instinctual subtype?

    2. Are you a dark person relative to others?

    3. Do you ever scare people unintentionally

    4. Do you enjoy conflict

    5. How competitive are you?

    6. on a scale of 1-10 how spiritual are you relative to other people?

    7. how often do people misinterpret what you're trying to say?

    8. what do you think brings the most meaning to your life?

    9. has anyone ever described you as "intense?"

    10. Do you avoid eye contact? if so, Why?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    MBTI
    ExTP
    Posts
    2

    Default

    1. What is your enneagram and instinctual subtype? Don't know. Don't care. Not sure if I should.

    2. Are you a dark person relative to others? I have a sense of humor that is detached from feeling, which can be percieved as dark but only sometimes. Other than that, I consider myself something of an optimist/realist. (Which I have deemed 'awesomism'.)

    3. Do you ever scare people unintentionally. Not really. But I often scare people intentionally.

    4. Do you enjoy conflict. Yes and no. I enjoy a righteous conflict; putting an asshole in their place. And I enjoy light-hearted debates. However, I hate fighting with a loved one or a friend.

    5. How competitive are you? Too competitive.

    6. on a scale of 1-10 how spiritual are you relative to other people? 2

    7. how often do people misinterpret what you're trying to say? Depends on the person. I find that INxJs misunderstand me more than most other types.

    8. what do you think brings the most meaning to your life? Being entertaing and useful to others. (and lets face it, entertaining and being useful to myself as well.)

    9. has anyone ever described you as "intense?" Yeah. and also I've been described as In Tents. Cause I go camping.

    10. Do you avoid eye contact? if so, Why? It depends on the situation. I will avoid eye contact with an attractive girl i'm passing by on the street because I dont want to make her feel uncomfortable. I imagine she gets stared at often and I prefer not to be another dude making her feel like a piece of meat. However, in a conversation I make a lot of eye contact. Watching the face gives you as many clues and as much insight into what they mean as their words do.

  3. #3
    Member Dudesowin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Right on there my ESTP brother! I loved that last part you aren't begging for scraps full on sexual predator RaWwrrr!

    But us introverts know its all in the hands. Musical notes means they rehearsed what they are saying and picture making means they are imagining it as they say it. Open palms usually means honesty. I could recommend a good book on FBI interrogation techniques if you like send me a PM.
    Mastery is its own reward.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7 sx/so
    Posts
    49

    Default

    1. What is your enneagram and instinctual subtype? 7 and whatever else it says. I don't pretend to understand it.

    2. Are you a dark person relative to others? No. Even when I'm not talking because of focusing on something, I don't think I ever appear dark in the sense of inward looking, impenetrable or filled with dread. If anything I'm lighter and at the risk of being more shallow. "We'll deal with that problem if it arises" is my style.

    3. Do you ever scare people unintentionally? Sometimes. Those who don't understand me can or don't share my interests can be scared sometimes, or scared of the things that I do.

    4. Do you enjoy conflict? I don't go looking for it but I don't shy away from it. Sometimes it is just necessary, and satisfying when it leads to victory.

    5. How competitive are you? Very.

    6. on a scale of 1-10 how spiritual are you relative to other people? 2

    7. how often do people misinterpret what you're trying to say?
    Not very often. I'm usually direct and quite good at communicating.

    8. what do you think brings the most meaning to your life?
    Doing things, getting out there and experiencing some variety and excitement. Good times with good people.

    9. has anyone ever described you as "intense?"
    Yes.

    10. Do you avoid eye contact? if so, Why?
    No, unless it's inappropriate such as strangers in public places who I have no reason to interact with. Always avoid it in the gents toilets!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6

    Default

    1. What is your enneagram and instinctual subtype?

    8w7 - SO (Tentative)

    2. Are you a dark person relative to others?

    According to which definition of "dark"? Skin color? Well, I've got a pretty decent tan but I wouldn't quite call myself dark.

    Jokes aside though, I would have to say yes. Most people aren't aware of the darker side of my personality however because it is often repressed in their presence. If it wasn't, people would probably perceive me as a sociopath.

    3. Do you ever scare people unintentionally?

    Rarely but it has happened on a few occasions.

    4. Do you enjoy conflict?

    Yes, however, not if the consequences cause too much unnecessary or irreparable damage.

    5. How competitive are you?

    Moderately to Strongly. It depends.

    6. on a scale of 1-10 how spiritual are you relative to other people?

    (1) - Fuck spirituality.

    7. how often do people misinterpret what you're trying to say?

    Not often, at least to my awareness, though I think it happens more frequently than I know because sometimes peoples' body language and reactions make me wonder if they interpreted me correctly. I think it has to do with how blunt and abrasive I am.

    8. what do you think brings the most meaning to your life?

    Being able to do what the fuck I want to do (within reason) and enjoy myself.

    Control. Power. Freedom. Fun. Success.

    9. has anyone ever described you as "intense?"

    I think so but I really don't know.

    10. Do you avoid eye contact? if so, Why?

    No, not on purpose anyways.

  6. #6
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I have a bunch of questions for other ESTP's. I'd like to hear your input so I can deduce what is enneagram/instinct/mbti related, and what is not.

    1. What is your enneagram and instinctual subtype?
    6w7 Sx/Sp.

    2. Are you a dark person relative to others?
    Yes.

    3. Do you ever scare people unintentionally
    I'm not really sure it's unintentional, but yes.

    4. Do you enjoy conflict
    I have to admit that I find the thrill of some conflict energizing, and that I enjoy the intensity, it make me feel alive. On a few occasion, I can even deliberately seek it. But I try to keep things cool and at peace most part of the time.

    5. How competitive are you?
    A lot. People make fun of me because of this sometimes.

    6. on a scale of 1-10 how spiritual are you relative to other people?
    I'd say 4.

    7. how often do people misinterpret what you're trying to say?
    Feelers do this all the time, uptight Thikers do this too.

    8. what do you think brings the most meaning to your life?
    Thrill, action, intensity and victory. Perhaps love, also.

    9. has anyone ever described you as "intense?"
    Yes, on many occasions, I've heard people say "what's you're saying is very intense" "wow! what you di was really intense", stuff like that.

    10. Do you avoid eye contact?
    No.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  7. #7
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I have a bunch of questions for other ESTP's. I'd like to hear your input so I can deduce what is enneagram/instinct/mbti related, and what is not.
    I asked my 14-yr-old ESTP son the questions just now, and he said..

    1. What is your enneagram and instinctual subtype?
    6w5 sp/so/sx (a test told him the 6w5, he guessed the rest based on my descriptions of what they meant)

    2. Are you a dark person relative to others?
    Relative to you, yes.

    3. Do you ever scare people unintentionally
    yes

    4. Do you enjoy conflict
    No, it's annoying. (he appears to enjoy it, he thrives on it, but it might be one of those paradoxical things)

    5. How competitive are you?
    depends on what it is

    6. on a scale of 1-10 how spiritual are you relative to other people?
    zero.

    7. how often do people misinterpret what you're trying to say?
    all the time

    8. what do you think brings the most meaning to your life?
    nothing

    9. has anyone ever described you as "intense?"
    yes

    10. Do you avoid eye contact? if so, Why?
    no
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  8. #8
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I asked my 14-yr-old ESTP son the questions just now, and he said..

    6w5 sp/so/sx (a test told him the 6w5, he guessed the rest based on my descriptions of what they meant)

    Relative to you, yes.

    yes

    No, it's annoying. (he appears to enjoy it, he thrives on it, but it might be one of those paradoxical things)

    depends on what it is

    zero.

    all the time

    nothing

    yes

    no
    cool

    when he said "relative to you" was he referring to me, or [jeffster]?

  9. #9
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraviolence View Post
    1. What is your enneagram and instinctual subtype?

    8w7 - SO (Tentative)
    is your name based on doom? Because... the doom marine is my goddamn hero. I'd be willing to say he is the ESTP 8w7 archetype, haha.



    2. Are you a dark person relative to others?

    According to which definition of "dark"? Skin color? Well, I've got a pretty decent tan but I wouldn't quite call myself dark.

    Jokes aside though, I would have to say yes. Most people aren't aware of the darker side of my personality however because it is often repressed in their presence. If it wasn't, people would probably perceive me as a sociopath.
    I don't repress it anymore. Too much effort. Look through this website and you'll find a number of times where I've been told I'm a sociopath... psychopath... narcissist... psychologically unstable...

    I had someone tell me I'm a lot like the main character in battleship. Have you ever been told you're unstable or a loose cannon? Do people tend to think you're seconds away from doing whatever it is you claim you're about to do? Have you ever messed with people in this way?
    3. Do you ever scare people unintentionally?

    Rarely but it has happened on a few occasions.
    Hmm... I"m trying to remember why I asked this. I think I meant to ask "do you intimidate others?"

    4. Do you enjoy conflict?

    Yes, however, not if the consequences cause too much unnecessary or irreparable damage.
    Same

    5. How competitive are you?

    Moderately to Strongly. It depends.
    Would you say you're competitive against yourself? I know I absolutely hate competitive people unless they're playful about it. But people who take it to heart really bug me.

    6. on a scale of 1-10 how spiritual are you relative to other people?

    (1) - Fuck spirituality.
    lol... this is where we differ. Although I'd say I'm more of a foxhole christian, haha.

    7. how often do people misinterpret what you're trying to say?

    Not often, at least to my awareness, though I think it happens more frequently than I know because sometimes peoples' body language and reactions make me wonder if they interpreted me correctly. I think it has to do with how blunt and abrasive I am.
    hmm... how often are you online? I find people misinterpret just about 90% of what I say online, and 25% of what I say in person... though in person it has more to do with morals. For example, I once said, "navy pilots get so bored they PRAY for a chance to blow something up," and these ultra liberals gasped and were completely shocked that anyone would "pray to blow something up."

    8. what do you think brings the most meaning to your life?

    Being able to do what the fuck I want to do (within reason) and enjoy myself.

    Control. Power. Freedom. Fun. Success.
    How old are you? Have you achieved this success yet? I'm very similar to you in these goals, though I never explicitely viewed "control and power" as one of my goals. I only viewed those as a means to an end (freedom and community). Would you happen to be an 873 tritype?

    9. has anyone ever described you as "intense?"

    I think so but I really don't know.
    I've had 2 people online tell me I'm intense, and I had 1 girl who I knew tell me I'm intense, and an ENTJ read my book and told me I seem like a very intense person. Based on how people react to me, I can only logically conclude that I am an intense person, though I've always viewed E4's as way more intense than myself. I'm starting to think I'm unaware of my own intensity because I have almost no idea how I come off to others. Can you identify with this? Do you think its possible you're very intense without realizing it?

    10. Do you avoid eye contact? if so, Why?

    No, not on purpose anyways.
    ok, the reason I asked this was because my eyes are very very telling of my emotions, and I think I unconsciously don't want anyone to know how misanthropic I actually am. When I'm angry, I actually avoid eye contact as a way of saying "I don't bite." I was hoping you'd identify with this.

    Its not often I meet another ESTp 8w7 online. I identified with many things you said and I wonder how I am in comparison to you. My instinctual variant is Sx/So. I know you said you suspect you're So. Have you considered Sx/So? I used to identify with So/Sx for a while but never really made it apparent.

  10. #10
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    cool

    when he said "relative to you" was he referring to me, or [jeffster]?
    He was referring to me.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Question for sensors?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 03:30 AM
  2. [NF] Question for NFs.
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 01:24 AM
  3. [ESTP] a question for ESTP's
    By Penguin in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 03:45 AM
  4. A question for all
    By disregard in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 08:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO