User Tag List

12 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default Questions for ESTP's

I have a bunch of questions for other ESTP's. I'd like to hear your input so I can deduce what is enneagram/instinct/mbti related, and what is not.

1. What is your enneagram and instinctual subtype?

2. Are you a dark person relative to others?

3. Do you ever scare people unintentionally

4. Do you enjoy conflict

5. How competitive are you?

6. on a scale of 1-10 how spiritual are you relative to other people?

7. how often do people misinterpret what you're trying to say?

8. what do you think brings the most meaning to your life?

9. has anyone ever described you as "intense?"

10. Do you avoid eye contact? if so, Why?

MBTI
    ExTP

1. What is your enneagram and instinctual subtype? Don't know. Don't care. Not sure if I should.

2. Are you a dark person relative to others? I have a sense of humor that is detached from feeling, which can be percieved as dark but only sometimes. Other than that, I consider myself something of an optimist/realist. (Which I have deemed 'awesomism'.)

3. Do you ever scare people unintentionally. Not really. But I often scare people intentionally.

4. Do you enjoy conflict. Yes and no. I enjoy a righteous conflict; putting an asshole in their place. And I enjoy light-hearted debates. However, I hate fighting with a loved one or a friend.

5. How competitive are you? Too competitive.

6. on a scale of 1-10 how spiritual are you relative to other people? 2

7. how often do people misinterpret what you're trying to say? Depends on the person. I find that INxJs misunderstand me more than most other types.

8. what do you think brings the most meaning to your life? Being entertaing and useful to others. (and lets face it, entertaining and being useful to myself as well.)

9. has anyone ever described you as "intense?" Yeah. and also I've been described as In Tents. Cause I go camping.

10. Do you avoid eye contact? if so, Why? It depends on the situation. I will avoid eye contact with an attractive girl i'm passing by on the street because I dont want to make her feel uncomfortable. I imagine she gets stared at often and I prefer not to be another dude making her feel like a piece of meat. However, in a conversation I make a lot of eye contact. Watching the face gives you as many clues and as much insight into what they mean as their words do.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

Right on there my ESTP brother! I loved that last part you aren't begging for scraps full on sexual predator RaWwrrr!

But us introverts know its all in the hands. Musical notes means they rehearsed what they are saying and picture making means they are imagining it as they say it. Open palms usually means honesty. I could recommend a good book on FBI interrogation techniques if you like send me a PM.
    Mastery is its own reward.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7 sx/so

1. What is your enneagram and instinctual subtype? 7 and whatever else it says. I don't pretend to understand it.

2. Are you a dark person relative to others? No. Even when I'm not talking because of focusing on something, I don't think I ever appear dark in the sense of inward looking, impenetrable or filled with dread. If anything I'm lighter and at the risk of being more shallow. "We'll deal with that problem if it arises" is my style.

3. Do you ever scare people unintentionally? Sometimes. Those who don't understand me can or don't share my interests can be scared sometimes, or scared of the things that I do.

4. Do you enjoy conflict? I don't go looking for it but I don't shy away from it. Sometimes it is just necessary, and satisfying when it leads to victory.

5. How competitive are you? Very.

6. on a scale of 1-10 how spiritual are you relative to other people? 2

Not very often. I'm usually direct and quite good at communicating.

Doing things, getting out there and experiencing some variety and excitement. Good times with good people.

Yes.

No, unless it's inappropriate such as strangers in public places who I have no reason to interact with. Always avoid it in the gents toilets!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    SLE

8w7 - SO (Tentative)

According to which definition of "dark"? Skin color? Well, I've got a pretty decent tan but I wouldn't quite call myself dark.

Jokes aside though, I would have to say yes. Most people aren't aware of the darker side of my personality however because it is often repressed in their presence. If it wasn't, people would probably perceive me as a sociopath.

3. Do you ever scare people unintentionally?

Rarely but it has happened on a few occasions.

4. Do you enjoy conflict?

Yes, however, not if the consequences cause too much unnecessary or irreparable damage.

Moderately to Strongly. It depends.

(1) - Fuck spirituality.

Not often, at least to my awareness, though I think it happens more frequently than I know because sometimes peoples' body language and reactions make me wonder if they interpreted me correctly. I think it has to do with how blunt and abrasive I am.

Being able to do what the fuck I want to do (within reason) and enjoy myself.

Control. Power. Freedom. Fun. Success.

I think so but I really don't know.

No, not on purpose anyways.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I have a bunch of questions for other ESTP's. I'd like to hear your input so I can deduce what is enneagram/instinct/mbti related, and what is not.

6w7 Sx/Sp.

Yes.

I'm not really sure it's unintentional, but yes.

4. Do you enjoy conflict
    I have to admit that I find the thrill of some conflict energizing, and that I enjoy the intensity, it make me feel alive. On a few occasion, I can even deliberately seek it. But I try to keep things cool and at peace most part of the time.

A lot. People make fun of me because of this sometimes.

I'd say 4.

Feelers do this all the time, uptight Thikers do this too.

Thrill, action, intensity and victory. Perhaps love, also.

Yes, on many occasions, I've heard people say "what's you're saying is very intense" "wow! what you di was really intense", stuff like that.

10. Do you avoid eye contact?
    No.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I asked my 14-yr-old ESTP son the questions just now, and he said..

6w5 sp/so/sx (a test told him the 6w5, he guessed the rest based on my descriptions of what they meant)

Relative to you, yes.

yes

4. Do you enjoy conflict
    No, it's annoying. (he appears to enjoy it, he thrives on it, but it might be one of those paradoxical things)

depends on what it is

zero.

all the time

nothing

yes

no
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I asked my 14-yr-old ESTP son the questions just now, and he said..

6w5 sp/so/sx (a test told him the 6w5, he guessed the rest based on my descriptions of what they meant)

Relative to you, yes.

yes

No, it's annoying. (he appears to enjoy it, he thrives on it, but it might be one of those paradoxical things)

depends on what it is

zero.

all the time

nothing

yes

no
    cool

when he said "relative to you" was he referring to me, or [jeffster]?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraviolence View Post

8w7 - SO (Tentative)
    is your name based on doom? Because... the doom marine is my goddamn hero. I'd be willing to say he is the ESTP 8w7 archetype, haha.

According to which definition of "dark"? Skin color? Well, I've got a pretty decent tan but I wouldn't quite call myself dark.

Jokes aside though, I would have to say yes. Most people aren't aware of the darker side of my personality however because it is often repressed in their presence. If it wasn't, people would probably perceive me as a sociopath.
    I don't repress it anymore. Too much effort. Look through this website and you'll find a number of times where I've been told I'm a sociopath... psychopath... narcissist... psychologically unstable...

I had someone tell me I'm a lot like the main character in battleship. Have you ever been told you're unstable or a loose cannon? Do people tend to think you're seconds away from doing whatever it is you claim you're about to do? Have you ever messed with people in this way?
    3. Do you ever scare people unintentionally?

Rarely but it has happened on a few occasions.
    Hmm... I"m trying to remember why I asked this. I think I meant to ask "do you intimidate others?"

4. Do you enjoy conflict?

Yes, however, not if the consequences cause too much unnecessary or irreparable damage.
    Same

Moderately to Strongly. It depends.
    Would you say you're competitive against yourself? I know I absolutely hate competitive people unless they're playful about it. But people who take it to heart really bug me.

(1) - Fuck spirituality.
    lol... this is where we differ. Although I'd say I'm more of a foxhole christian, haha.

Not often, at least to my awareness, though I think it happens more frequently than I know because sometimes peoples' body language and reactions make me wonder if they interpreted me correctly. I think it has to do with how blunt and abrasive I am.
    hmm... how often are you online? I find people misinterpret just about 90% of what I say online, and 25% of what I say in person... though in person it has more to do with morals. For example, I once said, "navy pilots get so bored they PRAY for a chance to blow something up," and these ultra liberals gasped and were completely shocked that anyone would "pray to blow something up."

Being able to do what the fuck I want to do (within reason) and enjoy myself.

Control. Power. Freedom. Fun. Success.
    How old are you? Have you achieved this success yet? I'm very similar to you in these goals, though I never explicitely viewed "control and power" as one of my goals. I only viewed those as a means to an end (freedom and community). Would you happen to be an 873 tritype?

I think so but I really don't know.
    I've had 2 people online tell me I'm intense, and I had 1 girl who I knew tell me I'm intense, and an ENTJ read my book and told me I seem like a very intense person. Based on how people react to me, I can only logically conclude that I am an intense person, though I've always viewed E4's as way more intense than myself. I'm starting to think I'm unaware of my own intensity because I have almost no idea how I come off to others. Can you identify with this? Do you think its possible you're very intense without realizing it?

No, not on purpose anyways.
    ok, the reason I asked this was because my eyes are very very telling of my emotions, and I think I unconsciously don't want anyone to know how misanthropic I actually am. When I'm angry, I actually avoid eye contact as a way of saying "I don't bite." I was hoping you'd identify with this.

Its not often I meet another ESTp 8w7 online. I identified with many things you said and I wonder how I am in comparison to you. My instinctual variant is Sx/So. I know you said you suspect you're So. Have you considered Sx/So? I used to identify with So/Sx for a while but never really made it apparent.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

cool

when he said "relative to you" was he referring to me, or [jeffster]?
    He was referring to me.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel