User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 15 of 15

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    is your name based on doom? Because... the doom marine is my goddamn hero. I'd be willing to say he is the ESTP 8w7 archetype, haha.

    No, it's actually a reference to the film A Clockwork Orange, where the protagonist and his "droogs" engage in what they call "ultraviolence". That Marine looks like a total bad ass though lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I don't repress it anymore. Too much effort. Look through this website and you'll find a number of times where I've been told I'm a sociopath... psychopath... narcissist... psychologically unstable...

    I had someone tell me I'm a lot like the main character in battleship. Have you ever been told you're unstable or a loose cannon? Do people tend to think you're seconds away from doing whatever it is you claim you're about to do? Have you ever messed with people in this way?
    No one has ever explicitly told me that I am unstable or a loose cannon, though I'm sure people have thought of me as such. Actually, when I retrieved my psychological records from a psychiatrist I visited about two years ago, the records stated that I was severely unstable and posed a danger to others as well as myself. Only my parents were aware of this instability however.

    In regards to your second and third question, I guess so though I'm not sure. If I understand you correctly, it sounds like you're referring specifically to threats of action which are either hostile or brash, or otherwise harmful. Basically, a warning to others that you are about to "make a point" and it's not going to be pretty. Yes, I find myself doing this when I get angry from time to time however I don't always give warnings when I'm about to take action. What you're pretty much asking is if I tend to get people "on edge" when I'm angry. I mean, when I'm pissed, I do want everyone surrounding me to be angry as well but I don't necessarily intentionally put them on edge everytime.

    No, I do not like fucking with people like that although I can understand why you'd find it amusing, if you do.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Hmm... I"m trying to remember why I asked this. I think I meant to ask "do you intimidate others?"
    Not actively, as in, I often do not purposefully try to intimidate others although I find that some people, particularly females, find me intimidating.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Would you say you're competitive against yourself? I know I absolutely hate competitive people unless they're playful about it. But people who take it to heart really bug me.
    It's funny that you mention this for that is precisely how I was originally intending to describe my competitiveness. Yes, I am playfully competitive and I also get irritated when people get emotionally invested.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    lol... this is where we differ. Although I'd say I'm more of a foxhole christian, haha.
    I subsitute spirituality with philosophy. Discovered existentialism and nihilism around the same time I stopped "believing", which was about age twelve. Never looked back.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    hmm... how often are you online? I find people misinterpret just about 90% of what I say online, and 25% of what I say in person... though in person it has more to do with morals. For example, I once said, "navy pilots get so bored they PRAY for a chance to blow something up," and these ultra liberals gasped and were completely shocked that anyone would "pray to blow something up."
    I'm frequently online but I do not often engage in communication with others. Lol at your example, I could see myself making a similar comment and getting slammed for it. Would probably warrant a "lighten up" or "chill the fuck out" from me.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    How old are you? Have you achieved this success yet? I'm very similar to you in these goals, though I never explicitely viewed "control and power" as one of my goals. I only viewed those as a means to an end (freedom and community). Would you happen to be an 873 tritype?
    Only nineteen. Hell no, I haven't achieved anything worth merit or praise in this world. It may also be my youth that influences my desire to achieve these goals. I remember when I visited the recruiting office for the Marine Corps and the SSGT asked me where I saw myself in the next ten or twenty years. I responded enthusiastically with "In a position of power". He responded with a smile and a "Such a young answer".

    I suppose I can agree with viewing control and power as a means to an end however there is something about the allure of power that motivates me to acquire it and wield it as more than a means to an end. Yes, my tritype is 8w7 - 7w8 - 3w2.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I've had 2 people online tell me I'm intense, and I had 1 girl who I knew tell me I'm intense, and an ENTJ read my book and told me I seem like a very intense person. Based on how people react to me, I can only logically conclude that I am an intense person, though I've always viewed E4's as way more intense than myself. I'm starting to think I'm unaware of my own intensity because I have almost no idea how I come off to others. Can you identify with this? Do you think its possible you're very intense without realizing it
    I feel like if I were to write a book, I could also be viewed as intense. However, I would be skeptical of using that adjective to describe me although it could be a possibility that I am but simply unaware of it, as you say. I would have to receive input from people I know however in order to comfortably call myself intense.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    ok, the reason I asked this was because my eyes are very very telling of my emotions, and I think I unconsciously don't want anyone to know how misanthropic I actually am. When I'm angry, I actually avoid eye contact as a way of saying "I don't bite." I was hoping you'd identify with this.
    Well, I guess something similar to what you're describing happened to me just yesterday. I was really angry to the point where I was about to commit violence towards anyone who was willing to give me a reason to go off on them. I walked into McDonald's, where there happened to be this really cute Brazilian girl (such a nice ass) whom I've talked to in the past. I immediately averted her gaze despite her obvious desire to talk to me because I knew my eyes were probably going to make her think I meant to do her harm.

    When I happen to be angry with someone who is actually present in my surroundings however, I definitely do not avoid eye contact. Quite the opposite actually, I stare them the fuck down.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Its not often I meet another ESTp 8w7 online. I identified with many things you said and I wonder how I am in comparison to you. My instinctual variant is Sx/So. I know you said you suspect you're So. Have you considered Sx/So? I used to identify with So/Sx for a while but never really made it apparent.
    I haven't actually done much research on the instinctual variants so I honestly do not know. It could be possible that I'm Sx first but for now I identify with So first.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Ene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    I have a question for ESTP fellow forum members.

    Do you think there are very many ESTP comedians?

    Also, here's another one. "Do you find it easy to exaggerate or get worked up when telling a story or imparting information because you like to get a reaction out of people?"

    [I ask this because I believe my brother is an ESTP and when he tells a story, it gets bigger and more elaborate with each telling. This is in no way a criticism of my brother. I know how he is. I accept how he is and I love him for who he is. I just know that if he tells me a rabid fox attacked him while he was on the mower and that he ran over a fox then buried it in his wife's flower garden, then I know the real story is that he was mowing and a fox ran across the yard. So, I can go ahead and validate him by saying things like, "Wow, that's just crazy! A person never knows what's gonna happen when he mows the yard and he goes away...happy.]
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

  3. #13
    Senior Member Hitoshi-San's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    1. What is your enneagram and instinctual subtype? 8w7, but there's a possibility I'm a 7, 2, or 3

    2. Are you a dark person relative to others? Not really but some of the feelers in my life say I'm overly violent and angry

    3. Do you ever scare people unintentionally Mmmmhm

    4. Do you enjoy conflict yeah, to some extent. Catty, unnecessary drama irritates me but trouble sort of adds a thrill to life

    5. How competitive are you? pretty darn competitive

    6. on a scale of 1-10 how spiritual are you relative to other people? maybe a 3?

    7. how often do people misinterpret what you're trying to say? almost every time. I have MAJORLY pissed people off just because they didn't understand what I was trying to say

    8. what do you think brings the most meaning to your life? the people I care about and that care about me

    9. has anyone ever described you as "intense?" yup

    10. Do you avoid eye contact? if so, Why? never

  4. #14
    Senior Member Hitoshi-San's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I have a question for ESTP fellow forum members.

    Do you think there are very many ESTP comedians?

    Also, here's another one. "Do you find it easy to exaggerate or get worked up when telling a story or imparting information because you like to get a reaction out of people?"

    [I ask this because I believe my brother is an ESTP and when he tells a story, it gets bigger and more elaborate with each telling. This is in no way a criticism of my brother. I know how he is. I accept how he is and I love him for who he is. I just know that if he tells me a rabid fox attacked him while he was on the mower and that he ran over a fox then buried it in his wife's flower garden, then I know the real story is that he was mowing and a fox ran across the yard. So, I can go ahead and validate him by saying things like, "Wow, that's just crazy! A person never knows what's gonna happen when he mows the yard and he goes away...happy.]
    1. I actually don't think there are that many. There could be more :P

    2. YES. According to like everyone I know I'm horribly guilty of this.

  5. #15

    Default

    1. What is your enneagram and instinctual subtype?




    2. Are you a dark person relative to others?



    3. Do you ever scare people unintentionally?



    4. Do you enjoy conflict?



    5. How competitive are you?



    6. On a scale of 1-10 how spiritual are you relative to other people?



    7. How often do people misinterpret what you're trying to say?



    8. What do you think brings the most meaning to your life?



    9. Has anyone ever described you as "intense?"



    10. Do you avoid eye contact? if so, Why?

    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes BlackDog liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Question for sensors?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 03:30 AM
  2. [NF] Question for NFs.
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 01:24 AM
  3. [ESTP] a question for ESTP's
    By Penguin in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 03:45 AM
  4. A question for all
    By disregard in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 08:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO