• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Are all SPs 'fun-loving'?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because it seems like a lot of people are bored by ISTPs. :dry:

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A good friend of mine is an ISTP. He's funny. More of a method sense of humor than content, but funny nonetheless.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think the word for me is "interesting" when people are being kind.

PJWakt

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think ISTPs can come across as a bit serious and kind of low key, especially if they are in a room full of extraverts. I'm pretty sure they still have a thirst for fun though, it just isn't overtly on display. The ISTP takes a pride in the fact his work colleagues in the (for example) law firm have no idea that he was out last night till 5am consuming all kinds of illicit substances. Whereas I would not be so obsessed with the warm glow of hiding this stuff. If they suspect, fine, but I know they can't prove it. I think ISTPs derive a lot of pleasure from secrecy, their private life being way more hedonistic than their public image.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, I hate fun.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh I don't know. The ISTP I dated was anything but boring... His idea of fun wasn't exactly the same as mine, but I know a lot of people that get a kick out of riding dirt bikes and four wheelers. He was more fun when you got him in a bar, though. :newwink:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, but they don't always seem like it. Some of them can come across as downright bitter!

gromit

likes this
No, I hate fun.

iN4De.jpg

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. I think if you are not impulsive and fun-loving, you are not an SP. You must be an fake.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Fun-loving" and "fun" are two different things.

jewelluckystar05

MBTI Type
ESTP
I love to just get out and have fun, even if it's an evening in since even though I scored ESTP, I still like less crowded places sometimes to give people my undivided attention from time to time and either just laugh our butts off about stupid random silly things, or a deeper one, depending on the mood of the day/setting.

KDude

I enjoy my own fun. Often "other" people's fun is drunken/drama-filled/unintelligent/jock culture/or jersey shorish/asshattery.

PrettyWoman

MBTI Type
E..P
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm ExFP and having fun is one of the most important things in my life! It's my life-time goal to re-define everything I need to do as having fun :smile:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, and all NFs like macaroni cheese.

I may have possibly eaten macaroni and cheese for the past two days.

Anyway, maybe someone's idea of fun is someone else's idea of boring. :shrug: Everyone likes to have fun because it's something that makes us happy. Otherwise life would be boring and depressing. Some people just like to have fun more often than others!