User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default How can ESTP's be several steps ahead of people?

I've noticed that in countless threads that I've seen, many ESTP types claim to be several steps ahead of people. How is this possible? I mean it seems like in order to be several steps ahead of people, one would need to be using some sort of intuitive function? However, ESTP's are intuition last, so how does this make sense? Someone explain to me how this is possible? Is this somehow the Ti function that allows ESTP types to do this?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I just would've guessed they like fast living a lot - and hence, they race further ahead; don't confuse this rush mentality though with taking purposeful steps of action.

I mean come on, the forum face of ESTP calls himself 'Speed' Gavroche - you here that, Speed Gavroche!

I think I'm onto something here, maybe even a few steps ahead of the ESTPs themselves.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I just would've guessed they like fast living a lot - and hence, they race further ahead; don't confuse this rush mentality though with taking purposeful steps of action.

I mean come on, the forum face of ESTP calls himself 'Speed' Gavroche - you here that, Speed Gavroche!

I think I'm onto something here, maybe even a few steps ahead of the ESTPs themselves.
    Your answer makes no sense at all.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

That's right, because it transcends the world of our sense perceptions - I wil rise ever higher and ever further ahead; I leave all of you mortals far behind me!

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I mean it seems like in order to be several steps ahead of people, one would need to be using some sort of intuitive function?
    This is the assumption I would start off by questioning. Taking in concrete vs. abstract information doesn't have anything to do with how fast you process that information - particularly if the topic is not very abstract in the first place.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    This is the assumption I would start off by questioning. Taking in concrete vs. abstract information doesn't have anything to do with how fast you process that information - particularly if the topic is not very abstract in the first place.
    Yes, but intuitives typically say that they are more future oriented though. So it seems that to be several steps ahead of people, they would need to be needing to use some type of intuitive function? Wouldn't they? I would really like to know what ESTP's mean in the first place when they say that they are several steps ahead of people?

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Yes, but intuitives typically say that they are more future oriented though. So it seems that to be several steps ahead of people, they would need to be needing to use some type of intuitive function? Wouldn't they? I would really like to know what ESTP's mean in the first place when they say that they are several steps ahead of people?
    I'd say the answer is pretty obvious:

Extraverted Sensing occurs when we become aware of what is in the physical world in rich detail.

We may be drawn to act on what we experience to get an immediate result.

We notice relevant facts and occurrences in a sea of data and experiences, learning all the facts we can about the immediate context or area of focus and what goes on in that context.

The process involves instantly reading cues to see how far we can go in a situation and still get the impact we want or respond to the situation with presence.

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/Co...ed-Sensing.cfm

Why would being good at those skills not make you some steps ahead in many situations? Seems obvious to me. Not much "iNtution" required.

Though those things above may often be called "intuition" int he popular parlance.

I wonder what @jontherobot has to say, seeing as he and I repeatedly seem to discuss this same issue

WALMART

ESTP's are masters of motion.

Tiime is rolling forward, logic follows.

^^ Hilarious. If I'd of known you'd call me out I would have put more thought into this, lol.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Maybe ESTPs are just really good shit talkers?
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Their lack of intuition makes them dislike theory and not trust their instinct, they can still use logic (Ti) to assess the situation and react quickly because of their dominant here-in-the-moment Se.