• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Do ISTP's confuse the crap out of people?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I notice on the forum and in sports that dealing with istp's can be very confusing task in alot of ways as they are very unpredictable.Do Istp's confuse you or do you find them to be pretty straightforward?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can predict my ISTP friend just fine, for the most part. I know what she likes. She confused me when I first met her because I couldn't read her intentions very well, but I adapted to that pretty fast. (I thought she didn't like me very much, for a long time, and then she baked me a birthday cake. :laugh: )

But I dunno. Everyone's confusing to someone. :shrug:

Standuble

I think my colleague is an ISTP. I wouldn't call him confusing (if anything he finds me co fusing.) I have trouble determining his capabilities however in regards to worj
k related tasks. My only confusion is never knowing whether I have overestimated or underestimated him.

W

WALMART

I've got a friend very synonymous to the lead in Drive. Of my inner grouping of friends, he's the most puzzling.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think I'm unpredictable. I'm pretty even keel. But if someone doesn't understand you - you'll be considered unpredictable by them. People who get me never approach me with that description. People who don't - I'll get the 50 questions. Meh. That's everyone tho, right?

rav3n

There appears to be a gender split with ISTPs. ISTP women lean towards being calm and rational. ISTP men appear to lose some of their rationality and calmness, hopped up on testosterone.

KDude

If I lose my cool at times, it's usually because of danger or someone making a mistake. It's more about actual problems happening. Not me. If I had to guess, testosterone is aggressive and initiating, creating situations. I haven't been that way since I was a kid. It's a maturity thing (one could argue that females mature sooner though).

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I don't think I'm unpredictable. I'm pretty even keel. But if someone doesn't understand you - you'll be considered unpredictable by them. People who get me never approach me with that description. People who don't - I'll get the 50 questions. Meh. That's everyone tho, right?

basically.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
The last ISTP I spent a lot of time with confused me... I don't know that I can really blame it on his type so much as he didn't know WTF he wanted himself... :dry:

PJWakt

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A close friend of mine is ISTP but has become a bit less close during his current relationship and I think his current love has tried to shape him a bit. He has sometimes behaved oddly towards people during this time, including me. I think it's related to a desire to have all of us integrate his other half into our social lives and some quite particular wishes on his part about how we should all interact in that respect. Some unexpected outbursts have happened :-| and then quite quickly dissipated and it's as if they had not happened. These are the only times I have been confused by him.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What confuses the crap out of me is why pretty much every thread in the SP section is about ISTPs. Indeed they are mysterious to us strangers!

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't stop laughing. ;)

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm pretty sure my best FWB was an ISTP. He certainly confused the shit out of me. In the best way possible. It almost seemed like he didn't realize he had feelings Or something like that. Like, he'd say sweet things to me, and not realize that he's being sweet...? I have no idea how to explain it.

I'll never forget this exchange in particular:

ISTP: "You know, you can text me more. I wouldn't mind."

Me: "Really? I told you I didn't mind keeping this a super-casual thing, yeah?"

ISTP: *pokes me in the belly and smiles big ISTP sexy smile* "Yeah, so, super-casually text me more, for fuck's sake."

Oh god I miss him. :laugh:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I'm pretty sure my best FWB was an ISTP. He certainly confused the shit out of me. In the best way possible. It almost seemed like he didn't realize he had feelings Or something like that. Like, he'd say sweet things to me, and not realize that he's being sweet...? I have no idea how to explain it.

I'll never forget this exchange in particular:

ISTP: "You know, you can text me more. I wouldn't mind."

Me: "Really? I told you I didn't mind keeping this a super-casual thing, yeah?"

ISTP: *pokes me in the belly and smiles big ISTP sexy smile* "Yeah, so, super-casually text me more, for fuck's sake."

Oh god I miss him. :laugh:

What's a best FWB? best friends with benefits? how many friends with benefits do you have?