• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Who thinks I'am an ISTP? Vote for this if you believe it!

Do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP?

• Total voters

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't really see STP in you

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't really see STP in you

Ya, I don't see it now really one bit either. It was good though I guess to "consider the possibility".

And after all, open-mindedness is not only recognizing we could be wrong, but also that we could be right.

In this case, I'd believe I'm right to say ISTP is quite unlikely, but still, nothing's for certain.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this is a really long type me thread.

you really don't know?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
this is a really long type me thread.

you really don't know?

I can be something like 95% certain, at least.

But that's just the way I am about everything - I don't really believe in taking stuff all in on faith alone.

Take only what resonates with your inner sense of knowing and correlates with your observations and experience – leave the rest.

It says so on the bottom of this page - http://montalk.net/

If you're going to take something on faith alone, at least make sure it's something like that.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i wasn't suggesting you take something on faith alone...

if you don't know yet you don't know...that's cool. just didn't realize you didn't.

why intj or istp tho?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i wasn't suggesting you take something on faith alone...

True, I just projected something onto you, but my basic point was just how I'm very tentative about these things.

if you don't know yet you don't know...that's cool. just didn't realize you didn't.

Well, I certainly didn't really know at all half a year ago or so, but now things are somewhat clearer for me.

why intj or istp tho?

I thought ISTP might work because they're thinkers, and also because of the whole "Ti-Ni' theory, but on the whole, they're also too much in context, not quite as transcendent with the ideas.

I also have many traits with INTP and ISTJ, more so the former, but the ISTJs clearly are just too grounded, and the INTPs are well, the masters of logic. I'm much more for the process of whirling around things in my mind and amplifying them to form "integrated constructs". This isn't really quite as much in line with sound reasoning so much as it's in line with overall mental intensity.

As for INTJ, I'm picking it more than anything because they're supposed to be the "systems-builders" of the types. I pretty much spend a lot of my time gathering endless amounts of information and trying to create a map of everything. The way in which I do this isn't really in the precise and elegant way of the INTP. It's much more in the dynamic and transformative sense, more like an INTJ.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
True, I just projected something onto you, but my basic point was just how I'm very tentative about these things.

Well, I certainly didn't really know at all half a year ago or so, but now things are somewhat clearer for me.

I thought ISTP might work because they're thinkers, and also because of the whole "Ti-Ni' theory, but on the whole, they're also too much in context, not quite as transcendent with the ideas.

I also have many traits with INTP and ISTJ, more so the former, but the ISTJs clearly are just too grounded, and the INTPs are well, the masters of logic. I'm much more for the process of whirling around things in my mind and amplifying them to form "integrated constructs". This isn't really quite as much in line with sound reasoning so much as it's in line with overall mental intensity.

As for INTJ, I'm picking it more than anything because they're supposed to be the "systems-builders" of the types. I pretty much spend a lot of my time gathering endless amounts of information and trying to create a map of everything. The way in which I do this isn't really in the precise and elegant way of the INTP. It's much more in the dynamic and transformative sense, more like an INTJ.

Theories bore me unless I can play with it or apply it in life. As a programmer I have people tell me theory and some ideas and I am ready to make it happen and knock out some code. People come to me for help with bugs and they start going on and on about what it should do and theory and I stop them and ask...have you debugged it and see what it actually does, not what you think it does...lol...to me those are basic, core things.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think you're whatever [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] is. Very Ni-Ti.

Nihon

MBTI Type
ixtx
Enneagram
I think what would help you the most is reading these 2 pages.
http://sociotype.com/socionics/types/SLI-ISTp/
http://sociotype.com/socionics/types/LII-INTj/

This will help you understand what each of these functions means, depending on its placement:
http://sociotype.com/socionics/functions/Ego/ (Click the other Ego & Id blocks as well. All 4 are important.)

And maybe read these to help see what it would mean if you flipped a letter: http://sociotype.com/socionics/types/ILI-INTp/ http://sociotype.com/socionics/types/LSI-ISTj/

As for my opinion... no. An ISTP wouldn't care enough to ask this question. Joking, joking! But really. They feel uncomfortable sharing things about themselves or talking about themselves a lot. They're very curious and interested in how things work but they can be seriously lacking motivation and not be very interested in identifying goals for themselves. This can make them both a blessing and a curse if you work with them. On the one hand, they almost never get mad at the people they work with (because they don't really care one way or another - they just want to leave soon so they can go back to video games). On the other hand, they aren't really interested in working. Yes, they're loyal to their ideals and they're going to help you out if your friends, but they don't really want to do any work. (This is a subjective opinion, of course, and it would be good to keep in mind that I'm pretty biased about physical work, being an Istj and all.)

However, the fact that your asking everyone what the answer is instead of investigating yourself makes me wonder if you're really an INTJ. INTJ don't usually ask everyone else for an answer unless they've already done a lot of research and haven't been able to intuit the answer for themselves. (I mean, they definitely like to ask questions, but not usually about something that can be discovered by research and by looking at yourself.) This is just an observation, though, and just asking a question doesn't mean anything definite about your personality.

I think something that would probably be an indicator of whether you're an SP or an NT would be how you work and how you get upset. If you easily place goals for yourself and usually feel extremely driven to do those goals, you're likely an NTJ or at least an STJ. It might help to remember that ISTJs can endure extreme physical labor and INTJs can endure extreme mental labor - while both types can do either of these things, I believe they're more prone to the ones I just stated (because of their demonstrative functions). Consider how you get upset. If you get upset because someone is interfering with the environment, you're probably an SP. If you have a hard time getting upset because anger scares the crap out of you, you may be an INTJ. The INTJs vulnerable function is Se. In other words, they don't understand physical and territorial stuff. I know an INTJ. He freaks out if you poke him. (I'm the only person other than his family who's even allowed to hug him.) He sees poking and tickling as some kind of aggression. He's also the only person I know who can seriously let his leg or arm fall asleep because he's in an uncomfortable position and not even notice it till he moves. :/ As a sensing type, I don't understand how it's possible to not notice when your body is telling you that it's uncomfortable or that you need to move before your leg dies. I work with an ISTP. He's hard to dislike, he doesn't pass judgement on people all the time (or doesn't share the judgement, if he makes one), he listens well. He's an S, but he doesn't make a big issue of being a guy. That's important. Many male Sensors take their masculinity way to seriously. ISTPs aren't like that because Se is their ignoring function (sociotype.com/socionics/types/SLI-ISTp/) so they understand power very well, but tend to be completely disinterested in their power or anyone elses. An INTJ simply doesn't understand power hierarchies. They want things to be done right and often feel that they know how to do it correctly, but tend to have difficulty making people "follow their lead" because they don't understand Se.

Hope the links or opinion helped. :)

Last edited:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think what would help you the most is reading these 2 pages.
http://sociotype.com/socionics/types/SLI-ISTp/
http://sociotype.com/socionics/types/LII-INTj/

This will help you understand what each of these functions means, depending on its placement:
http://sociotype.com/socionics/functions/Ego/ (Click the other Ego & Id blocks as well. All 4 are important.)

And maybe read these to help see what it would mean if you flipped a letter: http://sociotype.com/socionics/types/ILI-INTp/ http://sociotype.com/socionics/types/LSI-ISTj/

:roundthnx:

As for my opinion... no. An ISTP wouldn't care enough to ask this question. Joking, joking! But really. They feel uncomfortable sharing things about themselves or talking about themselves a lot. They're very curious and interested in how things work but they can be seriously lacking motivation and not be very interested in identifying goals for themselves. This can make them both a blessing and a curse if you work with them. On the one hand, they almost never get mad at the people they work with (because they don't really care one way or another - they just want to leave soon so they can go back to video games). On the other hand, they aren't really interested in working. Yes, they're loyal to their ideals and they're going to help you out if your friends, but they don't really want to do any work. (This is a subjective opinion, of course, and it would be good to keep in mind that I'm pretty biased about physical work, being an Istj and all.)

Hmm, well I think you're right about ISTPs maybe being a bit too "closed-off". I mean, I can identify with the whole interest an analysis thing, but they also seem more loose and laid back (I tend to be stubborn and persevering). I actually express dissatisfaction with people on a regular basis, arguing about things just to play Devil's advocate and such (I do this to get more viewpoints). Of course, I also am curious very much as to what others think, and I try to integrate the value in their ideas. I'm quite loyal and devoted yes, but work I think gives us better direction, more purpose and meaning. Without it, things feel very static and empty of promise.

However, the fact that your asking everyone what the answer is instead of investigating yourself makes me wonder if you're really an INTJ. INTJ don't usually ask everyone else for an answer unless they've already done a lot of research and haven't been able to intuit the answer for themselves. (I mean, they definitely like to ask questions, but not usually about something that can be discovered by research and by looking at yourself.) This is just an observation, though, and just asking a question doesn't mean anything definite about your personality.

I have actually studied this stuff out and done a lot of my own thinking on it. Part of that process still involves gathering the opinions of a broad spectrum of people. I have a life philosophy on the idea that the more you generate, the better the progress. In particular, I've researched the findings of MBTI brain neuroscientist Dario Nardi. In particular, I related very well to a page on his material where they talked to an INTJ and got his/her thoughts: http://personalitycafe.com/intj-articles/11691-conversations-conceptualizer-directors-intjs.html

The reason it resonates with me is because of the overall focus on integrating many things together and constructing a grand vision of the processes and architectures within our world systems.

I think something that would probably be an indicator of whether you're an SP or an NT would be how you work and how you get upset. If you easily place goals for yourself and usually feel extremely driven to do those goals, you're likely an NTJ or at least an STJ. It might help to remember that ISTJs can endure extreme physical labor and INTJs can endure extreme mental labor - while both types can do either of these things, I believe they're more prone to the ones I just stated (because of their demonstrative functions). Consider how you get upset. If you get upset because someone is interfering with the environment, you're probably an SP. If you have a hard time getting upset because anger scares the crap out of you, you may be an INTJ. The INTJs vulnerable function is Se. In other words, they don't understand physical and territorial stuff. I know an INTJ. He freaks out if you poke him. (I'm the only person other than his family who's even allowed to hug him.) He sees poking and tickling as some kind of aggression. He's also the only person I know who can seriously let his leg or arm fall asleep because he's in an uncomfortable position and not even notice it till he moves. :/ As a sensing type, I don't understand how it's possible to not notice when your body is telling you that it's uncomfortable or that you need to move before your leg dies. I work with an ISTP. He's hard to dislike, he doesn't pass judgement on people all the time (or doesn't share the judgement, if he makes one), he listens well. He's an S, but he doesn't make a big issue of being a guy. That's important. Many male Sensors take their masculinity way to seriously. This is because Se is their ignoring function (sociotype.com/socionics/types/SLI-ISTp/) so they understand power very well, but tend to be completely disinterested in their power or anyone elses. An INTJ, simply doesn't understand power hierarchies. They want things to be done right and often feel that they know how to do it correctly, but tend to have difficulty making people "follow their lead" because they don't understand Se.

I can work to do either form of labor, physical or mental, though the physical labor takes more effort. I see myself as being more of an idea person on the whole than an acting person, though ideally, we should work to put ideas into action. Still, it all begins mentally, with the blueprint outlining the plans for construction.

Hope the links or opinion helped. :)

:thumbup:

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think something that would probably be an indicator of whether you're an SP or an NT would be how you work and how you get upset. If you easily place goals for yourself and usually feel extremely driven to do those goals, you're likely an NTJ or at least an STJ. It might help to remember that ISTJs can endure extreme physical labor and INTJs can endure extreme mental labor - while both types can do either of these things, I believe they're more prone to the ones I just stated (because of their demonstrative functions). Consider how you get upset. If you get upset because someone is interfering with the environment, you're probably an SP. If you have a hard time getting upset because anger scares the crap out of you, you may be an INTJ. The INTJs vulnerable function is Se. In other words, they don't understand physical and territorial stuff. I know an INTJ. He freaks out if you poke him. (I'm the only person other than his family who's even allowed to hug him.) He sees poking and tickling as some kind of aggression. He's also the only person I know who can seriously let his leg or arm fall asleep because he's in an uncomfortable position and not even notice it till he moves. :/ As a sensing type, I don't understand how it's possible to not notice when your body is telling you that it's uncomfortable or that you need to move before your leg dies. I work with an ISTP. He's hard to dislike, he doesn't pass judgement on people all the time (or doesn't share the judgement, if he makes one), he listens well. He's an S, but he doesn't make a big issue of being a guy. That's important. Many male Sensors take their masculinity way to seriously. This is because Se is their ignoring function (sociotype.com/socionics/types/SLI-ISTp/) so they understand power very well, but tend to be completely disinterested in their power or anyone elses. An INTJ, simply doesn't understand power hierarchies. They want things to be done right and often feel that they know how to do it correctly, but tend to have difficulty making people "follow their lead" because they don't understand Se.
Haha, interesting analysis! I want to add that many of the things said about INTJ can apply to INFJ as well, because of inferior Se.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha, interesting analysis! I want to add that many of the things said about INTJ can apply to INFJ as well, because of inferior Se.

INTJs •Repress their Extroverted Sensing function, which means they may lose touch with factual realities and fail to adapt their opinions accordingly

INFJs •Repress their Extroverted Sensing function, meaning they may forgo living life to its fullest

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJs •Repress their Extroverted Sensing function, which means they may lose touch with factual realities and fail to adapt their opinions accordingly

INFJs •Repress their Extroverted Sensing function, meaning they may forgo living life to its fullest
Good summary. They share enough though for the book I have on inferior functions to just lump them into one category.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What type is Darth Revan from Star Wars KotOR?

Star Wars: Revan's Tale

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here's another film that may shed more light:

Tragedy of Revan

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I'm in a Ti-Ni loop, and I'm much too lazy to adapt to society or do anything, then how do I go about developing my Se again!?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a type that changes my mind in light of new information or alternative points of view and contingent possibilities way too easily!