• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Who thinks I'am an ISTP? Vote for this if you believe it!

Do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] was Bruce Lee in a Ti-Ni loop?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] was Bruce Lee in a Ti-Ni loop?

No way. Look at how much he worked out and did physical, action based Se shit. He used a lot of Se my friend. However, I rarely ever see you using Se, EVER!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No way. Look at how much he worked out and did physical, action based Se shit. He used a lot of Se my friend. However, I rarely ever see you using Se, EVER!

But you just said I always go by past experience to understand things, rather than envisioning them; you connected that with Se.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
But you just said I always go by past experience to understand things, rather than envisioning them; you connected that with Se.

I said that you rarely use Se, I didn't say that you never use Se. If you were in a loop then that would explain why this is.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I said that you rarely use Se, I didn't say that you never use Se. If you were in a loop then that would explain why this is.

What about my enneagram? Everyone who says I'm a Ti-Ni ISTP has always called me a 5w4 sx/sp or sx/so, since a 5w6 ISTP sp/so or so/sp would be too practical.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
What about my enneagram? Everyone who says I'm a Ti-Ni ISTP has always called me a 5w4 sx/sp or sx/so, since a 5w6 ISTP sp/so or so/sp would be too practical.

Let me ask you a question: How on earth could you possibly logically come to the conclusion that you are a sx dom?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let me ask you a question: How on earth could you possibly logically come to the conclusion that you are a sx dom?

Because the Sx doms are more into psychic phenomena, whereas the So's and the Sp's are more into things related to the real world, like physicalism and social structures.
Also, I'm seriously considering retyping as ISTP. If I did retype ISTP though, I couldn't be a 5w6. That I know, since 5w6 ISTPs are more 'mechanical'.
The only thing making me doubt being ISTP and/or Sx-dom is that these things you told me to imagine were all related to sex.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Schizotypal ISTP 5w4 so/sp TiNi Loop

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Because the Sx doms are more into psychic phenomena, whereas the So's and the Sp's are more into things related to the real world, like physicalism and social structures.
Also, I'm seriously considering retyping as ISTP. If I did retype ISTP though, I couldn't be a 5w6. That I know, since 5w6 ISTPs are more 'mechanical'.
The only thing making me doubt being ISTP and/or Sx-dom is that these things you told me to imagine were all related to sex.

Dude, you have no desire for intensity, no desire to find a romantic partner or to form a relationship, you have no desire for sex, and you are about as dry as the Sahara desert. You are everything that an sx dom isn't. Also, you are wrong, So dom 5's aren't always in the real world and don't always understand social structures that well. In fact most social 5's suck at understanding these things but still want to find their place in the social world, so therefore they develop some type of skill that will allow them to contribute to the world in order to change the world or to be accepted by the general populace.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a clean freak; folding is definately neater than crumpling. When things get out of order, it's really tough to generate progress - even with poop!

Also, just a random shootoff, but I just thought of how the future is described as an 'unfolding'; those who fold their toilet paper like me and are more compulsive with their habits or routines always build foundations for the immanent destination!

Do sensors like routine? Because my life is much more a routine than a spontaneous unfolding - I walk a certain distance, take notes, repeat knowledge to get it ingrained, do chores, and dont like surprises.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFPs are my functional opposite; they're all grounded and realistic with stuff, wanting to keep the proper principles and preserve stability, just like those boring old ISTJs! :rules:

ISTPs on the other hand have both Ti and Ni, the ultimate functions of supreme intellect! Se is also there to give our extreme visions a reality check, to take pieces from the external world and build them up into an integral construct! :einstein2:

If you want to be like God and become an ISTP, too bad. INFPs are farther away from the divine ISTP level than anyone..... hahahahahahahaha! :rotfl:

:worthy:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do sensors like routine? Because my life is much more a routine than a spontaneous unfolding - I walk a certain distance, take notes, repeat knowledge to get it ingrained, do chores, and dont like surprises.

That's SJ.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess I get to go into the same box as [MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION], since people all call us either ISTPs, INTPs, or INTJs, but there's no dang universal constant for who wants us! This whole Ni Vs. Ne is too freaking complex! And even if it's Ni and not Ne, is it dominant or tertiary Ni? Gosh so many contingencies!

Well, I guess maybe Ne is more connective, and Ni more penetrating, but idk.
Ti seems more logical, and Te more constructive.
Se could be more contextual, and Si more referential.
Oh boy, this is such a fun puzzle!

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63622&page=3&p=2123708&viewfull=1#post2123708

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, the capital differences then would be whether N is more natural for me or not - it it's tertiary, then it's more a concentrated effort to unlock; if it's auxilary, then it should flow more naturally and in greater strength within me. If I'm Ni, which would actually be less present than Ne would be if I'm INTP, then I should be very self-focused and completely isolated from external input, going to the inner sanctuary rather than expanding out into the open horizon, which would be more Ne.

Also, I'm wondering if an uber-introverted looper with no external functions could even possibly be an outer-directed social first, like you think I am. We actually focus our attention in similar areas, like how we each gather opinions from a bunch of people and try to harmonize them together, which could be Fe (and it would be very weird if I'm in a Ti-Ni loop yet have stronger Fe than Se).

You said how in your eyes I have no Se, but I think I may have a lot of an S function somewhere. I'm actually very athletic and used to be highly adept at soccer along with having a good eye for the beauty of nature or general observations of how anything works. I also like to have regular routines I follow without much deviation as far as my independent studies and general health goes along with some chores. Both of those things actually kind of relax me and allow my mind to drift off, so I guess I could be comfortable with either Se or Si.

Perhaps most importantly is how you mentioned my lack of Ne imagination. I think it actually speaks more for me being an Sx last. This is because you told me to imagine a bunch of silly sex scenarios, and if I have pretty much no Sx, then it follows that I wouldn't be inclined to imagine those sorts of things.

Thanks for your input by the way. I value your opinion quite highly.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63983&page=3&p=2125248&viewfull=1#post2125248

I

Infinite Bubble

I also like to have regular routines I follow without much deviation as far as my independent studies and general health goes along with some chores. Both of those things actually kind of relax me and allow my mind to drift off, so I guess I could be comfortable with either Se or Si.

I just want to point out that this seems like Self Preservation more than anything else. Perhaps you're Sp/So (rather than it being to do with an S function), and that would solve some of the confusion a bit. Sp/So's often get into routines because of their need to be comfortable and secure, whilst lacking the need for excitement and intensity of new experiences, because of the Sx blindspot.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess Elfboy and The Great One think I'm INTP 5w6 so/sp. Does that sound reasonable, or is there a better alternative?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] posted this on my wall, and I thought it would be interesting to share it:

green_fairy.jpg

Also, we had a good conversation about my type, which I will post below:

greenfairy: The biggest part of my intuitive feeling about INFJ for you is not that you seem unlike INTP perse, because I don't think I seem particularly unlike INTP either. Rather, you and I both seem like more than INTP. There are fundamental ways of looking at reality which INTP's don't quite seem to have a hold of, which come naturally to both of us, which are adequately described by Ni. We both have Ti, that is clear. You and I don't seem to differ in our way of analyzing things. INTP will project Ti most strongly, and so since we both have the function and use it well, we will seem like INTP in most every respect related to Ti. However, where we differ is how Ti is used. I perceive myself to be Intuition dominant; I can use Ti perfectly well, but it is always subservient to a holistic worldview (Ni); if I am forced to neglect this holism I get bored and tired. Basically, I see the same trend in you. Facts and logic are great in themselves, but they are really only interesting if they mean something really cool, which has consequences for the whole of reality (or some group to which I'm attached, like the biosphere, or the cosmos for you). I am energized by my place in the grand system of reality, with all its interrelationships. I see the same way of thinking in you. Basically, it's not that you seem F, or that you don't seem T (because we both do), rather that you don't seem more T than I am, and INFJ with tertiary Ti more developed than Fe fits me really well.

Although, another reason for me being INFJ is my relationship with feeling judgment and emotions. While I have had a difficult and all-or-nothing relationship in the past, INTP's seem to have less conflict as separation. They kind of just don't pay attention to their feeling function most of the time, until it hits them in the face. It's a very subtle difference. I don't know how you relate to this. When you favor thinking over feeling, do you feel a sense of inner disharmony, like you are making a value judgment that rationality is better than emotion, or do you just do it without thinking? I find that I have to make a conscious effort to balance the two, and if I am extreme in either at any given moment I have to see what the other perspective has to offer to balance it out.

Finally, though you could be INTJ with the Ni mysticism, I could give many reasons why you seem more Fe-Ti than Te-Fi. But that is for another discussion.

RaptorWizard: Yes, I agree very much that we both put reason to the service of developing a much more expansive worldview of our cosmos and such, like the Ti could be giving Ni more pieces to integrate.

I also think though that our F function is good too. We seem to enjoy the idea of connecting with others on a powerful level, and the overall state of humanity's spirituality in general.

So, assuming we both are INFJ, I believe that we would both be balanced well on all of our functions. Anyway, it was good to see your input.

I work to remain hyper-aware of my feelings. Sometimes I do things against logic just because it "feels right".

I also believe that our feelings help to give us a greater sense of meaning, direction, and purpose.

So ya, there's cases for INTP, ISTP, ENTP, INTJ, and INFJ.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION] would you like to offer input (you did after all talk about my type with greenfairy, which is very cool).

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So ya, there's cases for INTP, ISTP, ENTP, INTJ, and INFJ.
I would agree these are the viable options.

Edit: I wonder if there are patterns which are deducible from a person's set of personality types one identifies with, which could indicate one's true type? Ti exploration time...(or is it Ni?).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION] would you like to offer input (you did after all talk about my type with greenfairy, which is very cool).

How do you know this?