• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Who thinks I'am an ISTP? Vote for this if you believe it!

Do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP?

• Total voters

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=15371]Poimandres[/MENTION]

Dude there's no way you're an ISTP. I remember that you told me that when you went to play soccer in high school, you struggled with it because it was so Se. You said that the way that they taught you to play was very action oriented and they basically just threw you into it without explaining it much. They just wanted to you just take pure action and learn to play it through experience. You told me that you sucked at that, and you told me that you didn't really figure out how to play soccer until you got some books and materials on soccer and intellectualized how to play it, and studied it like a science. Your learning style is much more reminiscent of how an INTP would learn soccer as opposed to how an ISTP would learn soccer: ISTP's want to do things and experience them to learn, and INTP's want to study things like a science to learn them. You are INTP dude.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yup, there's no doubt the individual isn't an "SP". Even though I get on well enough, and tend to enjoy NF and NT type folks... 17 pages later, the freakn' horse is dead already. :bye:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1.ISTP: A Jungian Cognitive Function Analysis

Tertiary: Introverted iNtuition (Ni)

Interestingly, despite their (somewhat accurate) reputation as apathetic loners, ISTPs typically feel strongly enough about their principles that they may even resort to vigilante justice in order to set things right with the world when legitimate establishments of law enforcement have failed to produce a just or consistent result. They're typically quite mindful of not stepping on other people's toes, but if you step on theirs, be prepared for a swift and unexpected backlash. Somewhat like INFJs, who share all of the same function attitudes, ISTPs in the grip of Ti+Ni may fantasize about using their superior strength and physical prowess (Se) to take revenge on people who unjustly bring harm to the innocent. "Eye for an eye" is often seen as the purest and most physically real affirmation of the sense of justice that factors so heavily into the ISTP's personal value judgments.

I can kind of relate to this whole "dont tread on me" attitude of the ISTP. It's pretty dang annoying when people try to force a bunch of duties on people.

When undeveloped, tertiary Ni most frequently manifests itself in terms of semi-paranoid distrust of "the man" or of authority figures or anyone who may have the power to force the ISTP into any situation or role from which he does not have the option to escape when he wants to. This kind of cynicism may even lead the ISTP to claim some sort of supernatural foresight; he may doggedly insist that he "just knows" something to be the case despite total inability to explain why or display any physical evidence thereof. He may come to believe anything he does is simply playing into exactly what some unseen, evil "puppet master" of sorts wants him to do, and thus may insist that the situation is hopeless because he already knows how it's all going to end up.

I have indeed developed concpiracy theories here and there, and they haven't always been "grounded in reality".

When applied more positively in a more developed state, tertiary Ni should bolster the ISTP's natural fluency with sensory cues by giving him deeper insight into the symbolic or suggestive meaning of the constant flow of outward sensory information he is normally attuned to. Rather than simply note what is and move on to noting something else that is, he will begin to consider the assumptions inherent in the set of rules he assumes must govern the way he interprets and evaluates that information, which, in time, will grant his "gut instincts" far more substantial meaning and accuracy by linking them to a deliberate purpose with much more far-reaching implications.

I'm quite adept at gathering information and from it generating many ideas and possible contingent consequences.

Ni should ideally help the ISTP to feel even more completely free: she will realize she can adapt not only her present actions, but also her entire outlook and attitude according to whatever the immediacy of the moment demands: nothing can ever shake her composure because she can simply change her mindset to fit her surroundings.

The idea of freedom from all restrictions is a philosophy I'm fond of, and the ability to transform into the dynamics of the context is an idea I have promoted.

When Se is poorly developed, and a TiNi loop results, the ISTP loses all desire to connect or exchange information with others in any meaningful way. He becomes extraordinarily self-centered, acting out his subconscious Se desires through increasingly impulsive (and possibly even dangerous or violent) outbursts, insistent that he is the only one who "has it all figured out", that all the small-minded fools surrounding him are running a pointless rat race for nothing, and that he does not and should not ever have anything to prove to such unworthy and insignificant creatures.

Throughout my life I've frequently withdrawn from reality into solitude, and have had an elitist attitude of great self-knowledge and understanding of the ways in which our world works.

He may delve further and further into bitter cynicism and conspiracy theorist behavior, as Ni develops increasingly outlandish interpretations to justify Ti's all-important desire to view the self as the only remaining bastion of consistency and truth in a purposeless world that cares for neither. Nihilism and hopelessness invariably result.

This is the only thing I don't relate to. Only a fool considers his own theories to be complete and incapable for further expansion from outside input.

Ultimately, tertiary Ni should grant the well-balanced ISTP a unique sense of worldly wisdom. Already generally subdued by nature, his calm, quiet confidence will be nearly unshakable, as he will find the ability to separate himself from the tribulations of everyday problems enough to realize that eventually, everything is going to be fine, so we may as well just focus on dealing with what's in front of us and trust that everything else will fall into place the way it's supposed to. Development of tertiary Ni often coincides with a time in the ISTP's life where he retreats into a period of serious self-reflection and emerges with a far more calm and stable sense of philosophic purpose and global awareness.

The last sentence in this paragraph described my journey of enlightenment better than anything in this entire article, and the general point of becoming a seeker is my life purpose.

What is RaptorWizard's type?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
RaptorWizard, pretty much no matter what he types as, always gets accused by an angry mob that he's mistyped, and as such, please form in a frenzied insect hive mentality, get your torches and pitchforks out, and start the riot, because I'm now asking again what type everyone sees this amazing life form as being!

I'll go through the list of the most popular to least popular typings people have given me, in that order: INTP, ISTP, ENTP, INTJ, INFJ... and after that, it's pretty much out of the picture.
Everyone who calls me an ISTP says I'm in a TiNi Loop, and also that I'm a 5w4, since if I'm a sensor, the only way I can get uber-esoteric is having both Ni and 4 somewhere.
The people who call me INTP have been well-mixed between 5w4 and 5w6. Those who have called me ENTP say 7w8. For INTJ and INFJ, enneagrams haven't really been mentioned.

Whatever type I may be, it's the ultimate power in the whole world, with the supernatural skill to hack the system or 'meta-game' it (pretty much altering a program and breaking the fundamental laws of the system).

I'm bringing this bad-boy back from the void and into the light, free to shape it as I please!

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I think that you know yourself better than anybody and your opinion matters first and foremost, above all others.

What makes you tick? What are you passionate about? [I already know some of these answers just from reading your posts.] Is it your ideas? Your theories? Your spiritual values? Your family?

What gets you excited?

Is it the discovery of new idea?

The application of theories?

What's your truest goal?

I don't know, I'm just thinking that the answers to these questions can begin to help you identify your deepest values and then, perhaps, they can lead to a discovery of type, of how your brain processes, filters and utilizes information.

Whatever you are, I enjoy talking to you and I think that you have a brilliant mind.

I

Infinite Bubble

I've re-evaluated your type and now believe you to be an INTP. Your philosophy/cosmology threads make it abundantly clear that Ti is your primary function, I think most of them are composed of your use of Ti, and you information-gather in an abstract manner from the external world as support (aux-Ne).

For the hell of it, here's my tentative typing for your Enneagram tritype: 5w6 - 8w7 - 3w? So/Sx.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
There is no way that you're an ISTP. Maybe if you err conversationally fluent in something besides cosmology and metaphysics..maybe.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
holy shit those poll results :shock:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think that you know yourself better than anybody and your opinion matters first and foremost, above all others.

This is a good point - I tend to question myself way too easily!

What makes you tick? What are you passionate about? [I already know some of these answers just from reading your posts.] Is it your ideas? Your theories? Your spiritual values? Your family?

I like things to be very possibility oriented. It's fun for me when a bunch of random madness gets bouncing around, and then seeking the chaos wherever it leads! That's a big reason why I study Philosophy and Cosmology so much, since they can introduce a 'meta'-perspective on our world, or one which goes 'beyond the boundaries'.

What gets you excited?

Evolution

Is it the discovery of new idea?

Imagination

The application of theories?

Willpower

What's your truest goal?

Omnipotence

I don't know, I'm just thinking that the answers to these questions can begin to help you identify your deepest values and then, perhaps, they can lead to a discovery of type, of how your brain processes, filters and utilizes information.

Asking questions is a great way to begin the search for the realities of creation!

Whatever you are, I enjoy talking to you and I think that you have a brilliant mind.

Yes, I'm glad to hear that. If I had to rate who my best friends on the forum are, you might rank #3 (behind [MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION]). I hope my influence can maybe spread a bit through you and onto your world audience. Also, regarding my 'brilliant mind', my IQ was profressionally tested 3 years ago by a psychologist, and I scored 114 (I was genius in some categories, and mediocre in others to balance out at 'above-average'). The important thing though, as Einstein says, is to never stop questioning. That is, of course, the way of the genius.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've re-evaluated your type and now believe you to be an INTP. Your philosophy/cosmology threads make it abundantly clear that Ti is your primary function, I think most of them are composed of your use of Ti, and you information-gather in an abstract manner from the external world as support (aux-Ne).

This actually seems to me a very reasonable and likely explanation for the way I do things, and it's also good to know that at least 'someone' read through those threads a bit!

For the hell of it, here's my tentative typing for your Enneagram tritype: 5w6 - 8w7 - 3w? So/Sx.

5w6 I could see since I'm very much into intensive analysis, 8w7 because I like to actively challenge things, 3w(4) for my focus on individualized image, and lastly So/Sx, since I am very expressive and open to things along with a tendency to go with the group concensus.

Based on these factors, your theory on my type expressed in your post may actually be the most consistent one in this whole thread. Speed Gavroche is a forum typing expert, and he said he thinks that my type is INTP 5w6 So/Sx. This may very well be my 'best-fit type'.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:D

I originally thought XNTP for you, but here are some more questions:

Describe how you apply your willpower to your world.
What are some of your goals, and what are some of your accomplishments?
Do you like to take things apart and put them back together? Do you use this ability to figure out how things work and troubleshoot?
Do you like driving fast or taking physical risks?
Do you relate more to inferior Fe, Si, or Se?

This may rule out INTJ for you. I'm also doubting you are INTJ because you really seem to use Fe and not Fi. I have not seen anything resembling Fi in you. It may also rule out ISTP because they are very physical in how they apply their Ti. It's not just about physical use of the body, but they use Se in conjunction with Ti- which means their ideas and logic are more oriented toward the physical world and concrete reality than metaphysical ideas and ideas for their own sake. You really seem more Ne than Se to me, because when I've listened to you talk you bounce around from idea to idea, whereas an ISTP will almost always apply what they are talking about to something concrete sooner or later. ISTP's feel free to moderate this description, but this is my experience with the type so far.

I will read this entire thread at some point, so sorry if some of these questions have already been asked and answered. Also I'm not ruling out INFJ for you. I don't think you seem like much more of a Thinker than me. I think it is much more likely you are INFJ than INTJ, since your Fe seems so prominent.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
It all depends what system you're using. If this is kiersey, and you identify with the 4 letters, that makes you an ISTP. If we're talking jung and the functions, you could be something different.

Considering Kdude, a socionics SLI (Si Te) told you you're too wierd to be ISTP, that probably means he's not going by the functions, otherwise he'd be an ISTJ. The functions across mbti and socionics are consistent and the same, its just hard to realize that for newbs.

I've met plenty of ISTP's who think they're INFJ's. I'm also incredibly attracted to them. That's just a random factoid, I'm not hitting on you. They tend to come in the form of an ISTP who is big into mysticism, they're usually an Sx or a 5w4. Its really just an ISTP who needs to go outside and smell the corpses. ISTJ anger is like getting hit by a baseball bat while ISTP anger is like being stabbed with a knife.

ISTP examples are clint eastwood and dr phil
ISTJ examples are josh brolin and tommy lee jones

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
This is a good point - I tend to question myself way too easily!

I like things to be very possibility oriented. It's fun for me when a bunch of random madness gets bouncing around, and then seeking the chaos wherever it leads! That's a big reason why I study Philosophy and Cosmology so much, since they can introduce a 'meta'-perspective on our world, or one which goes 'beyond the boundaries'.

Evolution

Imagination

Willpower

Omnipotence

Asking questions is a great way to begin the search for the realities of creation!

Yes, I'm glad to hear that. If I had to rate who my best friends on the forum are, you might rank #3 (behind [MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION]). I hope my influence can maybe spread a bit through you and onto your world audience. Also, regarding my 'brilliant mind', my IQ was profressionally tested 3 years ago by a psychologist, and I scored 114 (I was genius in some categories, and mediocre in others to balance out at 'above-average'). The important thing though, as Einstein says, is to never stop questioning. That is, of course, the way of the genius.

Aw, it makes me happy to know that I'm in such good company. I mean who doesn't love a fairy? and superunknown, he is cool [It's okay. He knows I think he's cool.]

Hmm...the bouncing chaos, what function is that?

Asking questions always leads me to some kind of discovery. It forces my mind to be rational.

I have three cousins with IQs over 170 and they have a horrible time just trying to manage day to day life. I subscribe more to the theory of multiple intelligences [Howard Gardner]. So, you're right, the stuff of genius isn't the ability to solve a puzzle on a test but the ability to accomplish or create something that changes the world [or creates a new one altogether] i.e. Edison, Di Vinci, Wright Brothers, Madame Curie, Clara Barton, Jane Adams, Newton, Mozart, Lizts, Hemmingway, Mark Twain, etc. None of them took an IQ test that I know of, but they were all geniuses in their own right. So, when I say you have a brilliant mind, I'm speaking of a quality that goes beyond what can be tested. There is no accurate test for creative genius.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:D

I originally thought XNTP for you, but here are some more questions:

Describe how you apply your willpower to your world.
What are some of your goals, and what are some of your accomplishments?
Do you like to take things apart and put them back together? Do you use this ability to figure out how things work and troubleshoot?
Do you like driving fast or taking physical risks?
Do you relate more to inferior Fe, Si, or Se?

1. I can't really do much of anything with my willpower yet, except for coming up with concepts, but the principle idea is that it would allow one to 'achieve infinite mastery of creation'.
2. My ultimate goal is to know the mind of God (which involves constructing a complete theory of everything) which would, in theory, make one share his omnipotence.
3. I expertly take apart ideas on a routine basis, and I also work with physical objects when I help my dad out with mechanical work, but he has to tell me what to do.
4. I'm actually very afraid of physical risks, but nonetheless, the Nietzschian 'Ubermensch' would have no fear in initiating intellectual revolutions and turning the world on its head.
5. I relate best to inferior Fe, since I like to express a lot of feelings, but I do it in a repulsively unpopular way, and I'm also not really very emotionally self-aware.

This may rule out INTJ for you. I'm also doubting you are INTJ because you really seem to use Fe and not Fi. I have not seen anything resembling Fi in you. It may also rule out ISTP because they are very physical in how they apply their Ti. It's not just about physical use of the body, but they use Se in conjunction with Ti- which means their ideas and logic are more oriented toward the physical world and concrete reality than metaphysical ideas and ideas for their own sake. You really seem more Ne than Se to me, because when I've listened to you talk you bounce around from idea to idea, whereas an ISTP will almost always apply what they are talking about to something concrete sooner or later. ISTP's feel free to moderate this description, but this is my experience with the type so far.

I understand your point. INTJs may be too reserved, and ISTPs may be too practical. I guess INTP though kind of fits in the middle of the 2.

I will read this entire thread at some point, so sorry if some of these questions have already been asked and answered. Also I'm not ruling out INFJ for you. I don't think you seem like much more of a Thinker than me. I think it is much more likely you are INFJ than INTJ, since your Fe seems so prominent.

Yes, I'm starting to think I'm more Fe as well, and I'm also pretty sure (but not 100%) that the NF temperament doesn't really fit me since I'm so much into extreme rationality.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It all depends what system you're using. If this is kiersey, and you identify with the 4 letters, that makes you an ISTP. If we're talking jung and the functions, you could be something different.

Based on the descriptions written by David Keirsey, I would have to be a Ti, either one, and the same likely applies to the Jungian system (ENTP and INTJ rank up there too though).

Considering Kdude, a socionics SLI (Si Te) told you you're too wierd to be ISTP, that probably means he's not going by the functions, otherwise he'd be an ISTJ. The functions across mbti and socionics are consistent and the same, its just hard to realize that for newbs.

Okay, so he's an ISTx, and as such, he may not have the genuine ISTP perspective, but even if he's not an ISTP, ISTJ is still pretty close to ISTP.

I've met plenty of ISTP's who think they're INFJ's. I'm also incredibly attracted to them. That's just a random factoid, I'm not hitting on you. They tend to come in the form of an ISTP who is big into mysticism. Its really just an ISTP who needs to go outside and smell the corpses. ISTJ anger is like getting hit by a baseball bat while ISTP anger is like being stabbed with a knife.

I don't think (and never thought) that I'm an INFJ; I see myself as an IxTx. I just can't comprehend how in hell I could be a feeler, even if it is vaguely possible.

ISTP examples are clint eastwood and dr phil
ISTJ examples are josh brolin and tommy lee jones

These people don't intrigue me in the slightest bit.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
[MENTION=15371]Poimandres[/MENTION]

have you ever taken a look at szadslaw beksinski art? he's INTP 5w4. Very dark and intense. Your avatar sorta reminded me of it, but its not very similar. Idunno if you can identify with his artwork.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
See, DJ Arendee is a good example of Se tying things to concrete reality. He talks about movies, art, real life examples, etc. when illustrating ideas and concepts. I haven't heard you mention anything like that. Of course, I have not read all your threads in their entirety, so I could be missing something- nevertheless if you were ISTP I think you would do it a lot more often.

And you can't be INTJ because your goals don't involve the real world at all. It's not a bad thing, just that you are totally in your mind and Te is all about the external environment.

Also Si is more averse to risk taking, so fits better for you.

I still don't think it's so obvious I'm more of a feeler than you are, but whatever. Maybe it is and I just don't see it. So it's between XNTP and INFJ, and I'm thinking you are XNTP for the same reason I think it of myself- when you act outgoing and try to be extroverted, you act more like an ENTP than an ENFJ- meaning you use a lot of Ne and not so much Fe. Fe is there, but it doesn't just hit someone in the face like it does with an ENFJ.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pretty much everytime I check up on this thread the infromation says there's a guest audience browsing here! :D

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is it possible for ISTPs to develop the Schizotypal Personality Disorder? :shrug: