• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Who thinks I'am an ISTP? Vote for this if you believe it!

Do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Both ITPs are very much into what makes stuff work, are loners, generally unconscientious, deep-thinking, and uber-logical. Distinguishing the 2 can indeed be tough, but [MENTION=17164]iNtrovert[/MENTION] told me before that ISTPs would focus on putting the operation into practice, whereas INTPs would lay the foundations and create an architectural model for future developments. Based on that, I could be either ITP, since I believe we shoudl strive to master the creation, and it won't be put into practice immediately, but nonetheless it would be used in a utilitarian way. A lot of people think I could be ISTP with strong Ni though, so I could be a combination of the two.

ISTP or INTP (Ne or Ni)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All I know about Ti is that people notice it way more in me than my auxilary function, because there have been so many hordes of people who have called a TiNi ISTP, and just as many if not more hoards of people saying I'm INTP, but the truth is, INTP is an uber-logical personality type, and ISTP is a type that makes stuff work; actually, I'm not too good at either of those 2 things. That makes me an ITP incapable for good systematic logical analysis! Is it possible for ITPs to have inferior reasoning abilities, and if so, how would that manifest in the ITP's personality?

Is Ti a right or left brained function and why?

KDude

Guy's a troll, if he's typing ISTP. He's not even trying to make an effort. I understand there are cases about being on the fence with functions and that mbti isn't an exact science, but this isn't one of them. This is the last time I'll address his type. He's going to type various things just for a laugh, and then make threads to get people to talk about him (Good job btw).

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The following article was taken from the Is The Person Above You Accurately Typed? thread:

I think of myself as a rationalist first and foremost. I have spoken to the contrary before here in this thread, but that was a social experiment. You are accurately typed as an ENFP (7w6 Sx/So) after all, so you should be able to tell how genuine my following post will be.

Okay, well then, let's take this apart (and I'm using this website to back up my claims - http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/2007/09/type-5.html):

For starters, I know a lot of people call me a TiNi ISTP, and indeed it could be the case, but all in all, at least in descriptions, it doesn't seem to fit quite as well. I don't feel like going into detail on this particular development, but at least for this thread, short descriptions should suffice.

I definately have traits for both of those, except I'm not good at adapting to new situations without going through analysis paralysis. Lot's of my constructions though on this forum, even by the hordes of people who type me as ISTP, are recognized as being eccentric and cutting edge. Based on those short little descriptions, INTP is a better choice.

It starts off by saying how intuition and art are so important, which to me are not quite up there with intense detail and proper theories. I definately think more in words than in geometry, as words flow from my mind like an endless fountain, ready to conceive any concept. I guess I'm somewhat artistic, but moody is for sure not my thing. Intellect is greatly stunted by too many subjective constraints. The thing about philosophical constructs fusing with elegant designs is the first thing so far that fits me well here. Please though, that thing about the small voice is just plain nasty. In contrast, I will argue with and challenge anyone with full force and no mercy (like this article I'm writing for instance). I'm not going to elaborate too much on the rest, but the gist is that I don't get trapped in my own little world. In actuality, I go out into the arena and break the existing records asunder with dazzling achievements (see my many forum accomplishments in my signature for verification).

Now this is the description I've been waiting for! Indeed extreme analysis and constructions founded on logic are vastly superior to the emotions of weak-minded individuals. The 'becoming an expert' thing also has a nice feel to it, maximizing everything, pushing it to the edge. The thing about purpose also is perfect, as on this forum, I have toiled to complete a vast array of fundamental accomplishments. My nerdienss and social awkwardness are also very much apparent and can make 'fitting in' rather difficult, but of course, I'm far from shy. The next few things sort of fit, but the part about gathering too much information and not making enough decisive action with it is pretty much exactly what I'm doing right now in this presentation, and also in all the other aspects of my existence. The inquisitive explorations know no ends. On the whole, I'm definately far more of a tenacious rationalist (5w6) who really takes up the sword than a sensitive artist (5w4) who retreats from threatening engagements. It's best to face all challenges with the zenith of power crackling at your fingertips, ready to unleash upon an unsuspecting world. Those who do not, those who walk the path of moderation, will fail, dragged down by their own weakness.

After all of that, I'm a bit too tired now to interrogate another whole article, but in short, I think I'm a social first because of my very active involvement in global dynamics, that is, I am always presenting ideas and challenging paradigms, with a focus on what can work well for all people in a unified system. Also, I'm self-preservation last, because I'm not concerned with privacy or keeping things safe, but rather I go out and take risks to further progressive development. Sexual in the middle is a nice balancing act between facing problems and looking within for the answer.

All of that being said, feel free to take apart the above construct and debunk its fundamental foundations, but I'm confident it can withstand any magnitude directed at its architectural divinity.

source - http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9941&page=244&p=2061230#post2061230

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What does an ISTP in a TiNi loop look like?

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Having watched the RaptorGizard video. I am 100 percent certain Myers-Briggs and Enneagram does not apply.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Having watched the RaptorGizard video. I am 100 percent certain Myers-Briggs and Enneagram does not apply.

I break the very foundations of Typology asunder!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm just going to post a random comment here in this thread in hopes of getting it fired up again simply out of boredom.

R

Riva

Rw maybe I was wrong about typing you as an istp. Ntp sounds better. However all intps I know have one trait in common - which you don't seem to even bother about - which is being labled as walking encyclopedias. It's not their desire to read a lot/gather information which shocks me. It's as to where they find the time. Where the hell do they find the time to read that much? So I ask you, do you read a shitton of information? From what I can guess, you don't because you don't seem to be very informative. You do however seem to have good realizations (Ni maybe?) through observations which is most commonly seen with istps and intjs followed by infjs and isfps. Intps provide infor/knowledge they have gathered whereas Ni types share their realizations. Some (Intj, verbal isfp) more adamantly than others (infj, istp).

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION] that was actually a very well-though out responce. :)

I do actually spend a lot of time gathering information (see the links in my signature), and record much of the data in notebooks (some people tried to tell me that's Se gathering a cluster-ton of information and data), but I don't present it very formally like most INTPs might choose to do; I make it very much more random and bouncy, seeing where various connections will direct me. Yes, I do indeed also make many observations about the world at large, and then meditate upon all of it in hopes of synthesizing it together. The actual fusion of all the obervations together is what I share in the "informative realization".

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does my new epic avatar of the Jedi Revan look ISTPish?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's kind of funny because nobody who's actually an ISTP wants me to be one, but a whole horde of genuine Ns say that my intuition is less natural and tertiary, which correlates with me being ISTP. It's very annoying being in the middle of ISTP and INTP! Why can't everyone just see me as one or the other?

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The human brain transits many developmental stages. I'm 100 percent sure this individual is an evolving ENFJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5bAT0o5tnw Raptor Wizard

Notice the hand gestures; very un-ISTP like. Very un-INTP like. Notice the abrupt tonality for emphasis.

Now compare to this correctly self-identified ENFJ who is a few years older.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-799K0BCnc4 Go to 2:35 in the video and you'll notice an identical communications style in comparing to 0:19 in the Raptorwizard video.

The following example is an individual who put together a video along the way of their own unique developmental stages. Self-identified ISTP. Later evolved to an ESTP. In the video would also be questionable in considering whether an INTP...except for the eye movement. Style of hand gestures. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QMUFST6tdI

Now compare to an individual I think has correctly typed as INTP. Notice how the eye movement differs, and lack of hand gestures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kHdUyq1acA

And now for the crème de la crème!

RaptorWizard is speaking of abstract topics "his own cosmology" that simply would not occur to an INTP.

The REAL Personality Types Made Relevant was written by a genius.

http://www.xeromag.com/fun/personality.html

ENFJ: The Cult Leader

ENFJs are big thinkers. They are extremely charismatic, and wish to offer the benefit of their wisdom to the world at large. They tend to see the grand scheme of things, and to be able to deduce connections between things that other people miss; these psychological personality traits are the result fo the fact that they are the Messiah.

ENFJs use their charisma and their knowledge to teach others, benevolently helping their fellow man reach a higher plane of evolution through such unorthodox but enlightened means as Psychic Third Nostril Enlargement. They then retire to secluded farmhouses in rural areas, where their followers express appreciation for the ENFJs by signing over all their worldly possessions and giving up their wives and daughters to the ENFJ's "special care."

RECREATION: ENFJs are fond of collecting things, such as wives, guns, ammunition, and FBI search warrants. ENFJs often pass their leisure time engaged in such pursuits as self-flagellation or being nailed to things. Some ENFJs eschew these activities, preferring instead to watch their followers engage in them, offering suggestions and gentle advice when appropriate.

COMPATIBILITY: ENFJs make natural companions and mentors to INFJs. They often get along well with ENFPs, although a friendly rivalry may sometimes erupt between the two.

Famous ENFJs include J. R. "Bob" Dobbs.

That is an ENFJ; yet to complete the shortly arriving later developmental stages.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION] that was actually a very well-though out responce. :)

I do actually spend a lot of time gathering information (see the links in my signature), and record much of the data in notebooks (some people tried to tell me that's Se gathering a cluster-ton of information and data), but I don't present it very formally like most INTPs might choose to do; I make it very much more random and bouncy, seeing where various connections will direct me. Yes, I do indeed also make many observations about the world at large, and then meditate upon all of it in hopes of synthesizing it together. The actual fusion of all the obervations together is what I share in the "informative realization".

If you would use your INTP learning capacities and develop your independent capacity for thinking, you would see that this "Se gathering information" stuff is bogus. Most of the ideas presented on these forums is bogus, for example, the idea that Se is equal to sensing/gathering info, or that Si is some kind of "memory type."

I

Infinite Bubble

[MENTION=15371]Poimandres[/MENTION] - I noticed you change your Enneagram with new typings. Why is that? Enneagram is about your motivations and fixations, which run separately from your MBTI type. When you were ISTP it was 7w6/w8 (correct me if I'm wrong), but now it is 5w6. So your motivations/fixations have suddenly had a dramatic change on a whim? It wouldn't change just because you have changed your MBTI, that is all I'm saying.

You seem to spend a lot of time asking questions and information gathering that would help you come to the conclusion. But you change a heck of a lot anyway. That in itself indicates the function that promotes inclusion of all possibilities as plausible truths: Ne. I don't think you care that much about closure at all; in fact, you perhaps want to keep everything open indefinitely. Also, you can't really be in between ISTP and INTP, unless you have magnificent control over Ne-Si and Ni-Se, which seems a bit ludicrous.

On another note, you should stop caring so much about what people think you are or are not. Just take a look within yourself and really try and figure out what the core of your being is. Write a list to describe it, anything. Then you can compare it to the functions. Outward behavior should be less on your priorities, it doesn't always indicate what is within.