• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Who thinks I'am an ISTP? Vote for this if you believe it!

Do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP?

• Total voters

Vladimir

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Yeah, I'd say it's highly unlikely that you're an ISTP. (which is a good thing, you're one step closer to the truth)

What this guy says for ISTP is generally true (at least in my case) and the comparison he makes at 1:55 is spot on.

Another more important piece of advice I'd like to give you is don't get so hung up on MBTI that it limits you in any way.

KDude

I guess that video is OK, but it's playing up too much of a jock vs geek stuff. ISTPs aren't necessarily muscleheads. They might be skinny, rocker chicks. Or fat plumbers. And what's that about Fe = Visible Tattoos? I have some tats on my arms, but that isn't type related. Does that mean anyone with a tramp stamp is an FP? :laugh:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I guess that video is OK, but it's playing up too much of a jock vs geek stuff. ISTPs aren't necessarily muscleheads. They might be skinny, rocker chicks. Or fat plumbers. And what's that about Fe = Visible Tattoos? I have some tats on my arms, but that isn't type related. Does that mean anyone with a tramp stamp is an FP? :laugh:

Maybe that's why JMF thinks I'm an ENFj; it's that visible tat I've got.

My thinking at the time I got it was "hey if I'm going to get one tattoo in my life, I'm going to get it somewhere people can see it! I'm not going to be a coward or a poseur, I'm gonna be brave!"

Frankly, I think this is Counterphobic E6 behavior, not Fe behavior, especially in a 19-20 yo girl. Probably also an Fi nod to authenticity.

If I was thinking with real ENFj Fe, I probably would have had Fe/Ni thoughts like "in the long term, will I be easily hireable at certain jobs with this lizard on my forearm?"

Herp derp derp.

I don't like it when people use those kinds of platitudinal short-cuts to try to find type, it's really counterproductive.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Maybe that's why JMF thinks I'm an ENFj; it's that visible tat I've got.

My thinking at the time I got it was "hey if I'm going to get one tattoo in my life, I'm going to get it somewhere people can see it! I'm not going to be a coward or a poseur, I'm gonna be brave!"

Frankly, I think this is Counterphobic E6 behavior, not Fe behavior, especially in a 19-20 yo girl. Probably also an Fi nod to authenticity.

If I was thinking with real ENFj Fe, I probably would have had Fe/Ni thoughts like "in the long term, will I be easily hireable at certain jobs with this lizard on my forearm?"

Herp derp derp.

I don't like it when people use those kinds of platitudinal short-cuts to try to find type, it's really counterproductive.

yeah it's your tat.......so dumb

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're such a joy and delight.

Joy and delight are the ways of weakness. We must be be mad and hateful if we wish to be strong and transform the world, because when we are displeased with things, that's when we challenge them and turn them on their head. The uprising will accelerate ever faster as we triumphantly rise to the highest height!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I decided I'm an ISTJ because I'm too imaginative to be an ISTP.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Maybe you're really an ENFP on an unsurprisingly 7-style NeTe kick. That one hadn't occurred to me until now.

Linder said:
If ever a type had a Cosmic View of reality, it is the ENFP. Everything and everyone are One, the ENFPs KNOW. This quote, "For those who are awake, the cosmos is One." [Herakleitos], was received via e-mail from an ENFP at the very moment this description was being crafted.

This sounds familiar.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe you're really an ENFP on an unsurprisingly 7-style NeTe kick. That one hadn't occurred to me until now.

ENFP? ENFP! That's funny. Let's take this apart:
http://www.careerplanner.com/Berens-Nardi/ENFP-Themes-Relationships.cfm
•Theme is inspiration, both of themselves and others.
We should have some kind of fire inside to drive us I think. It gives us focus.
•Talents lie in grasping profound significance, revealing truths, and motivating others.
Knowledge does seem to be a shining path leading to discovery and enlightenment.
•Very perceptive of others’ hidden motives and purposes.
I can't read people's intentions worth when Sith happens. The dark side of the Force clouds my vision.
•Interested in everything about individuals and their stories as long as they are genuine.
A story is a good story despite whether or not it's true. I actually enjoy fables and fantasy more often than personal accounts in real life.
•Contagious enthusiasm for “causes” that further good and develop latent potential and the same zeal for disclosing dishonesty and inauthenticity.
My causes are much more focused on horizons than on what's genuine inside, but our true self does nonetheless provide guidance for the journey.
•Frequently moved to enthusiastically communicate their “message.”
Now this I can very much relate too, since I present concepts with such animated force and random craziness.

For Discoverer Advocates, life is a process of inspiring and facilitating others to find and reach their full potential. They have a talent for seeing the core of someone, the unspoken essential goodness. They become the spokesperson for others, for what is needed most and for their higher purpose. They enjoy exploring perceptions and sharing deep emotional content, the “real stuff.” This sharing is a magic moment when they truly connect. They constantly seek to have ideal relationships where they can have many ideal moments. To not have these empathic moments is like being cut off from themselves.
I've lived my life just fine without having ideal relationships, but meaning and possibility are still a focus for me. I guess people can provide that.
Life is like a story. Stories provide ways to find meaning and to make a difference and provide the connecting thread that helps them know and understand others and work through situations.
We are indeed the authors of the times ahead, and we will look back at these chronicles for inspiration and motivation to drive us forward.
Their thought processes seem random; however, they are connective and relational. They are able to mediate differences and conflict by seeing the ways the differences connect. They often become the “voice” for the unspoken meanings they so easily pick up. They strive to keep communication channels open to make the best of a situation. They have a way of making things work without knowing why, which gives them the air of being magical as they respond courageously to their insights. The creative process is an important part of their lives.
I don't just intuitively get stuff with people, but I do believe in bouncing ideas around to stimulate development and see where stuff can go.
In the interpersonal arena, they often instantly like people or not. Liking the people they are with is important. With their talent for seeing what’s not being said, they often respond to others’ needs while putting their own needs and wants on hold. They like to spark something in others that others don’t see in themselves. They must be able to authentically live with themselves and seek to recognize happiness wherever it is.
It's a big effort on my part to relate with other people on a personal level but there should nonetheless be a shared happiness we can all strive towards together. That's what love is I think.
They often feel a strong need to discover a definitive direction for themselves. They want the magical situation to be permanent so are paradoxically on a continual quest for direction, resulting in a feeling of unrest.
Finding our way is indeed of the upmost importance to us as a civilization right now to move forward into a new dawn, whatever the future may hold in store. The right path for our own true selves should present all promise.

Okay, I have some of those traits, not all of them, but still enough for a serious consideration. Only time will tell.

KDude

I like Stars Wars as much as the next guy, but once you start seeing yourself as a "Da Vinci Sith Raptor Wizard Lord Journeying into the Ultimate Being", give up on the idea of any of the SP types. In short, you're taking a lot of symbols you admire and ascribing them to yourself. You're not talking about many real qualities/actions/objects/issues. Even if you were a "Sith", you don't address what it actually might mean in real terms (I assume reality probably bores you. The symbols are more fun.).

You barely address real people in real terms either. Like Da Vinci or Kobe Bryant. You don't talk about basketball, but instead, he's some kind of ascended master or something.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP :rofl1:

I agree, I never thought you were an S; and KDude just explained why.

All I know is I think you are either some sort of NTP or INFJ. Probably not INFJ because you seem sillier than they usually are, and you're not sensitive enough to strike me as a feeler. But you could be an exception. I'm inclined to think you are an ambivert.

So, you could be ENTP in an Ne-Fe loop (making you look like a feeler), or INTP in a Ti-Si loop (making you look like ISTP). I don't completely subscribe to the loop theory, but perhaps it is true in another way.

I

Infinite Bubble

In short, you're taking a lot of symbols you admire and ascribing them to yourself. You're not talking about many real qualities/actions/objects/issues. Even if you were a "Sith", you don't address what it actually might mean in real terms (I assume reality probably bores you. The symbols are more fun.).

This is a great point, because it links directly to Ne.

The symbols aren't your own [MENTION=15371]Poimandres[/MENTION], but exterior ones in the environment.

Nicki

Retired
How does my tertiary Ni differ from that of an Ni dominant (like the INFJ in the below video)?
Truth? What To Do When No One Can Agree On It! (Ask Teal-Help For Those Who Suffer From Indecision)

Your grasp of Ni seems somewhat shaky compared to your Ti. Although I barely see any Se.