• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Who thinks I'am an ISTP? Vote for this if you believe it!

Do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
(unless, as you said, he's "fuckin with us all":D).

I'm not fucking with anybody. When I created this thread, I was honestly wondering what people thought.

I like to keep an open mind about these kinds of things, since as always, I could be wrong.

As such, I am trying to appreciate other people's points of view, even if they clash with my own.

In any case, I can respect your disagreement with my 'INTJ' typing. I seriously questioned it myself.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not fucking with anybody. When I created this thread, I was honestly wondering what people thought.

I like to keep an open mind about these kinds of things, since as always, I could be wrong.

As such, I am trying to appreciate other people's points of view, even if they clash with my own.

In any case, I can respect your disagreement with my 'INTJ' typing. I seriously questioned it myself.

:D I know: I meant that maybe you're actually INTJ with an IxTP persona.

INTJs that I've met can be fun, but they also tend to be to the point and say what needs to be said. In your case, there seems to be a certain degree of abstraction and a disinterest in proving a point - and even a degree of playfulness in it:D - but rather giving us food for thought, so that we can ruminate on it, which is much more similar to what I've noticed for INTPs and ENTPs. Unfortunately, I haven't had sufficient contact with ISTPs in intellectual musings.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Anyway, just to be a repititious robot and reference Neuroscience of Personality again, both ENTP and INTJ also have high use of the Precise Speaker brain function, which deals with the spoken and written word. Those who have it well-developed can compose complex word structures and fuse them together in a fancy way. Just like Il Morto is saying, this can indeed provide an illusion of greater reasoning and deductive abilities than the user may in actuality have. The flaw in his argument though is that not a single SP had high use of Precise Speaker, at least according to Dario Nardi's EEG research.

That wasn't my description of you though. That's the kind of person who sounds like a typical academic or debater.

To me you seem different to that. There is elaborate language but it doesn't seem so tightly "fused together" as you put it. More like words chosen for aesthetic effect or aesthetic appeal, whereas the "Precise Speaker" would seemingly choose words to be extremely logically convincing (at least to a chosen audience).

Maybe I am wrong and it is not aesthetics, and that genuinely is the most accurate way you find to express your ideas.

Inw hich case, far from my observation being rendered invalid, could perhaps that erroneous external perception created in the third party observer, be a sign of Tert Ni in a genuine attempt to carry out the "Precise Speaker" role in conjunction with Ti? Whereas dom Ne-Ti would be more convincing?

FWIW though I am not ruling out ENTP. It also depends on your own relationship with the Raptor Wizard "persona".

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Refer back to the first post Il Morto. I indeed said that the TiNi loop thing may be the prime cause - don't say it like I wasn't considering it. :dry:

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
I didn't mean to sound like that man, apologies. Obviously you were considering it if you made this thread.:D

I

Infinite Bubble

If you're still going with INTJ... then I suggest 5w4 as being more suitable than w6.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you're still going with INTJ... then I suggest 5w4 as being more suitable than w6.

Hm, so you really think INTJ is possible now; would you care to elaborate your reasoning behind this, or are you just trusting my judgment?

But anyway, ya, I gave 5(w4) rather than w6 very serious consideration. I know the 6 wing is a bit more of a rationalist, and the 4 wing is a bit more of a dreamer.

Many of my ideas and emotions don't completely connect with logic and reason, but they do have a certain feeling touch that springs from the heart.

I'm also more into fantasy and imagination than science and reality, although I do believe understanding the latter is a critical key in understanding the former.

I chose 5w6 ultimately because of a description about it with the specific sx/sp stacking, which I will include below, and it said that they can be mistaken for 5w4.

5w6 sx/sp - "From Another Planet." Less attracted to mundane science, more likely to be captivated by the unusual and complex universes that populate cutting edge sci-fi. Slow to trust but driven to engage with others, may offer hints about their secret interests to test a person's receptiveness. They share their private ideas and knowledge as a way to get closer. This tactic may unintentionally win them many friends, but leave them just as removed from any romantic prospects. Not as nerdish though a bit on the odd side, others may find them strangely appealing. Overall, the most atypical 5w6, can be mistaken for 5w4.
source - http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8097&

You can find that description amongst the many various stackings for 5w6 along with some of the 5w4s in that link at the 7th post down.

Still, I don't know how reliable those decriptions are, but I know I could be wrong about typing as 5w6, and that 5w4 may indeed be my type.

I

Infinite Bubble

Hm, so you really think INTJ is possible now; would you care to elaborate your reasoning behind this, or are you just trusting my judgment?

Ultimately, typology is a best-fit system and of course the individual in question has the final say. Obviously, you know yourself better than anyone on the internet possibly could, and if you believe your functions fits with the four described as INTJ, then yes I trust your judgement. I can't say I agree based on what I've seen from your posts, but nevertheless my reasons are stated above.

Many of my ideas and emotions don't completely connect with logic and reason, but they do have a certain feeling touch that springs from the heart.

I'm also more into fantasy and imagination than science and reality, although I do believe understanding the latter is a critical key in understanding the former.

This was basically my reasoning for the 4 typing, but:

I chose 5w6 ultimately because of a description about it with the specific sx/sp stacking, which I will include below, and it said that they can be mistaken for 5w4.

I suppose this fits well too. My thinking was that the difference in your enneagram from the INTJ norm would be the cause for you to not appear like the typical version. I think 5w6 is what the majority of INTJs are typed as.

Ah well. It's up to you in the end. If you think this is it, then may it be.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I can see it.

It appears you're Ti-Ni looping like a mofo, Raptor.
I'm the same way. I probably suffer from that Seasonal Affective Disorder shit.

Every winter, it's the same--I go through a teenage identity crisis. INTJ. INFJ.
Something about the cold weather. Really brings out the Ni.

And as my homeboy KDude observed, you are quite "weird".
Nonetheless, an ISTP with a strong tertiary function (Ni) will appear this way.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=12864]Duck_of_Death[/MENTION] ok, so you see me as a TiNi ISTP. How well developed then would you say my Se is?

Also I'm wondering, what's life like as an ISTP in general? I have read various things that say how they are the very most NT of the sensors.

Lastly, I can show you some of my metaphysical content, should you be interested. It could help in identifying functions, and since you identify as ISTP, if I am one, you should relate.

Hey guys how do TiNi loops work rather than NiTi loops, because lots of people accuse me of being an ISTP in a TiNi loop, but yet everyone focuses on INFJs and NiTi loops.

Why do NiTi INFJs get all the love? Shower some respect on the ISTPs and TiNi loops!

So, I'm asking one more time, how do TiNi loops work for ISTPs?

KDude

Follow the KISS rule (Keep it simple, stupid). If you have to rationalize that you're an SP through some backdoor Ni-Ti loop, then you're not keeping it simple. Go through the front door. You don't have to sneak in or be clever. If you're an SP, then you'll habitually and unconsciously promote Se. You'll identify it more rather than habitually going the intuitive route. Ni would be an alternative perspective at best.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Ultimately, typology is a best-fit system and of course the individual in question has the final say. Obviously, you know yourself better than anyone on the internet possibly could, and if you believe your functions fits with the four described as INTJ, then yes I trust your judgement. I can't say I agree based on what I've seen from your posts, but nevertheless my reasons are stated above.

This was basically my reasoning for the 4 typing, but:

I suppose this fits well too. My thinking was that the difference in your enneagram from the INTJ norm would be the cause for you to not appear like the typical version. I think 5w6 is what the majority of INTJs are typed as.

Ah well. It's up to you in the end. If you think this is it, then may it be.

I don't see any evidence of Te at all with [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] , and I have been reading hist posts and interacted with him for quite some time. I definitely see Ti, and some kind of storngly creative N function.

I think the key will be to differentiate Ne from Ni, but not to see whether he is INTJ, rather to see if he is ISTP or ENTP.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
[MENTION=12864]Duck_of_Death[/MENTION] ok, so you see me as a TiNi ISTP. How well developed then would you say my Se is?

You're fairly abstract, so...
I couldn't tell you.

Either way, you are using a lot of Ni and it appears to be of the unhealthy ISTP tertiary variety.

Also I'm wondering, what's life like as an ISTP in general? I have read various things that say how they are the very most NT of the sensors.

Boring and dreadful.

As for the most "NT" of the sensors--I can see that. In fact, I've said it several times.

Lastly, I can show you some of my metaphysical content, should you be interested. It could help in identifying functions, and since you identify as ISTP, if I am one, you should relate.

I'm sure I won't understand any of it but bring it on, I guess.

KDude

Either way, you are using a lot of Ni and it appears to be of the unhealthy ISTP tertiary variety.

I disagree. He sounds positive and optimistic. And perky... like he's pumping his fist in the sky taking us all to the brave new world. He's the enthusiastic kid at show n tell class.

SPs take their form of optimism through Se. Not all this pie in the sky shit (unless there's real pies and skies involved :coffee:).

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
What do [MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9214]KDude[/MENTION] think now that [MENTION=12864]Duck_of_Death[/MENTION] - an ISTP - has agreed with the ISTP typing for [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] ?

W

WALMART

What do [MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9214]KDude[/MENTION] think now that [MENTION=12864]Duck_of_Death[/MENTION] - an ISTP - has agreed with the ISTP typing for [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] ?

That [MENTION=12864]Duck_of_Death[/MENTION] is a moron for this statement:

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I disagree. He sounds positive and optimistic. And perky... like he's pumping his fist in the sky taking us all to the brave new world. He's the enthusiastic kid at show n tell class.

SPs take their form of optimism through Se. Not all this pie in the sky shit (unless there's real pies and skies involved :coffee:).

Truthfully, I don't see a lot of optimism. Enthusiasm, perhaps.

I see him as a "scatterbrained" individual. Difficult to follow. But that's okay--no offense, chap.
In defense of my theory (honestly, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about--I'm making it up as I go along):

Raptor has strong intuitive functions but appears to have no real grasp on them. I get the feeling that he is purposely avoiding concrete data or immediate analysis (Se!) and is instead relies on latent intuition (Ne, Ni...pick one) in order to have something to dissect.

Se is certainly in his order functions.
Then again, that could possibly denote him Ni Primary/Se inferior...

You know what, Raptor? You're whatever you wish to be.
Just keep it rocking.

:bye:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Truthfully, I don't see a lot of optimism. Enthusiasm, perhaps.

I see him as a "scatterbrained" individual. Difficult to follow. But that's okay--no offense, chap.
In defense of my theory (honestly, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about--I'm making it up as I go along):

Raptor has strong intuitive functions but appears to have no real grasp on them. I get the feeling that he is purposely avoiding concrete data or immediate analysis (Se!) and is instead relies on latent intuition (Ne, Ni...pick one) in order to have something to dissect.

Se is certainly in his order functions.
Then again, that could possibly denote him Ni Primary/Se inferior...

You know what, Raptor? You're whatever you wish to be.
Just keep it rocking.

:bye:

Raptor just doesn't seem to have a preference for sensation imo pretty simple. Being a "scatter brain" usually has to do with Ne since the user is going from idea to idea. I think he is also a bit of an attention whore kind of an
"E" trait.

I

Infinite Bubble

I don't see any evidence of Te at all with [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] , and I have been reading hist posts and interacted with him for quite some time. I definitely see Ti, and some kind of storngly creative N function.

I think the key will be to differentiate Ne from Ni, but not to see whether he is INTJ, rather to see if he is ISTP or ENTP.

I agree, I don't see any Te. I meant that if he really believes he's INTJ, and that he knows himself well enough, he can stick with it if he wants. I didn't say I agreed with the typing. I still think ENTP.

One develops their tertiary quite a bit later on in life. He seems very intuitive. Under what circumstances could it have been that we see all this Ni and totally bypass Se (I'd like to see some examples in the posts)? He's not unhealthy. That's why I don't think ISTP.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You seem like an extrovert to me. Probably an ExTP.