• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Who thinks I'am an ISTP? Vote for this if you believe it!

Do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP?

• Total voters

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I Thought you were entp at first but now i think you could be intp either way you are some kind of xntp for sure .

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
See my comment above.

Why couldn't an ISTP be a massive geek? If hypothetically an ISTP was a geek, how would their thought-process differ from RW?

What if I was someone, like the many on the intenet, who thought that N=genius and S=stoopid, and so I decided to try to sound extra geeky in every post, just so people would tell me I'm like totally iNtuitive? I'm pretty sure that happens a lot (not saying RW does this).

Also by extension, if I'm not a geek, can I therefore not be an NTP?

Or does it only work one way but not the other? If not why not?

Geek may have to do with all kinds of things, also background, maybe autism and such things. (again not saying this applies to RW, just saying).

I think Howard from Big Bang Theory is ISTP, and definitely a geek.

Sorry I think you guys equating N with geek, is a big misunderstanding.

I left myself misunderstood - it's my fault for not expanding. ISTPs can be just as geeky as INTPs, but I find they display their "geeky-ness" in different ways. I can't really explain further: I can spot the difference, but I can't explain it. As I haven't put up a good argument for INTP, I don't expect others to agree.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
I left myself misunderstood - it's my fault for not expanding. ISTPs can be just as geeky as INTPs, but I find they display their "geeky-ness" in different ways. I can't really explain further: I can spot the difference, but I can't explain it. As I haven't put up a good argument for INTP, I don't expect others to agree.

I know what you mean.

To be honest I don't see [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] as INTP for exactly the same reason - his interests, avatar etc. would all point to "steretypical INTP" int he most extreme, exaggerated sense, but the "style" makes me think otherwise.

One thing maybe influencing me, he uses lots of elaborate language, but I don't know what it is conveying. With an N, I find the idea is usually more complicated than the language, with RW, vice versa.

I think an SP would be more likely to use wordplay, this is why they can make great artists like rappers/poets.

Same with the avatars, I think they are pretty visually creative, not leaving much to the imagination, whereas with a N, usually the problem is the opposite, they would be more likely to have an avatar where it's hard to know what the point is meant to be, because it's part of some whole narrative in their heads which they can't really explain. With RW, it's just like more, what you see is what you get.

So yeah that's my reaosning, maybe I'm talking rubbish though.

In any case I think we can say, that RW is unlike NT or SP I have ever interacted with online or met RL, so maybe Typology is not the best tool to use to analyze this guy. That sounds harsh but I don't mena it that way, often he cracks me up and I would def go for a beer with him.:)

Alternatively he may be ENTP and fuckin with us all.:D

I

Infinite Bubble

The main thing to take away from this thread is that we can all agree you have the Ti-Fe axis. It's obvious you're using your own logic and inner frameworks rather than Te. Perhaps the obviousness of your Ti indicates you're in fact Ti-dom. I still think your posts are mostly Ne exploring ideas (backed up by Ti); so ENTP, but INTP is next most likely. For you to be ISTP, your Ni would have to be super-high, and I don't see much Se going on.

what's the capital difference between those 2 types?

You should figure out whether Ne or Ni is best suited to you. Or perhaps one the Sensory functions.

Remember it's just a best fit; nothing will be 100%. After all, it's just a theory- not even a scientifically verified one at that.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I appreciate that the xSTP reaction to this (from [MENTION=9214]KDude[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5223]MDP2525[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]) has been "You're too weird and nerdy, man, I dunno." :laugh:

(I'm inclined to agree, but my vote doesn't count as much as the ISTP vote.)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, it's fairly clear the only S type even conceivable for me is ISTP.

ESP is off because Se dom just doesn't fit with the out-of-touch craziness.

ISJ is off because I lack of the predictive stability of Si dom.

ESTJ is off because I cannot enforce order like a Te dom.

ESFJ is off because I cannot follow all the social customs like an Fe dom.

ISFP is off because I am not in touch with my emotions like an Fi dom.

But ISTP could be right because they are very logical folks, and I do a lot of critical thinking. They also are pretty quick-witted, and I'm good at coming up with clever solutions to problems. Another tendency is that they can come across pretty harshly to other people, and I offend people on a regular basis. Lastly they are active and independent rebels by nature, and I certainly have displayed those qualities in a giant hive of insects to disrupt the so-called order and frenzy them all. Also note that the ISTP function order includes the TiNi axis, which could explain things.

So ya, the only real possibility for my type amongst those 8 options is ISTP.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Case in point. :laugh:

Even if ISTP makes more sense than the other Sensor types... Why not N? You seem pretty damn NT to me.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I'm probably one of the best typists on the forum you are xntp probably intp. End thread.

W

WALMART

I know what you mean.

To be honest I don't see [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] as INTP for exactly the same reason - his interests, avatar etc. would all point to "steretypical INTP" int he most extreme, exaggerated sense, but the "style" makes me think otherwise.

One thing maybe influencing me, he uses lots of elaborate language, but I don't know what it is conveying. With an N, I find the idea is usually more complicated than the language, with RW, vice versa.

I think an SP would be more likely to use wordplay, this is why they can make great artists like rappers/poets.

Same with the avatars, I think they are pretty visually creative, not leaving much to the imagination, whereas with a N, usually the problem is the opposite, they would be more likely to have an avatar where it's hard to know what the point is meant to be, because it's part of some whole narrative in their heads which they can't really explain. With RW, it's just like more, what you see is what you get.

In any case I think we can say, that RW is unlike NT or SP I have ever interacted with online or met RL, so maybe Typology is not the best tool to use to analyze this guy. That sounds harsh but I don't mena it that way, often he cracks me up and I would def go for a beer with him.:)

This makes zero logical sense. Being an intuit, I'm sure you can figure out why.

He's certainly an intuitive dominant. I've always thought ENTP or INTJ, hard to discern the two at times.

I

Infinite Bubble

The very reason why [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] can't pick his type is from considering all the options. Also, an INTJ would most likely at least try to come to a conclusion (closure) faster than he has. ENTP!

W

WALMART

It makes perfect sense. Being a Sensor I'm sure you can figure out why.

Maybe in some topsy-turvey Ne-land.

You can't say you don't understand the convection of thought and then proceed to say the underlying concepts are more basic than the language being used...

Though I get it, he is verbose in his musings. Just thought I'd pick something physically tangible out of your analysis, seeing as opinions are just that and such.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read in a Neuroscience of Personality book how INTJ and ENTP both have high use of the Process Manager brain function, which deals with brainstorming and developing ideas. It said those who use this function a lot may be very indecisive as they consider all the options before forming a conclusion. Based on this, it would indeed seem ENTP and INTJ are 2 good choices.

The reason I believe myself as of right now to be INTJ rather than ENTP is because of my thought processing style. I can see why my behaviors on the surface may not look too much like an INTJ to all observors, since some are probably a bit colder and more judicious than I am, but all of my thoughts focus on cosmology; finding our place in the world and discovering our purpose - and even seeing the origin of the world and how it will evolve. I will also really push the limits of my ideaologies into plans of action to realize goals. I believe this to be NiTe vision and transformation, of course I could be wrong.

Feel free folks to continue in developing arguments of your own, and I would actually be more interested if they disagree with mine, so then I could challenge them and see a new point of view, but should you agree, it would at least give me a better sense of confidence in my current typing.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
but as gregarious and energized as I can be, I am not an extravert in my natural state of being, as it takes a special focus from me to effectively communicate with people and derive energy from it in unfamiliar situations.

A cognitive extravert simply draws mental energy from ideas sourced from outside their own minds. If you're naturally attuned to concepts outside your mind, and if you feel at ease dealing with them, that's a good sign of congnitive extraversion. Social extraversion is a separate measure. As a very cognitively extraverted ENFP, I test weak social introvert or social ambivert.

all of my thoughts focus on cosmology; finding our place in the world and discovering our purpose - and even seeing the origin of the world and how it will evolve. I will also really push the limits of my ideaologies into plans of action to realize goals.

What I get from this is that you're a very strong N dominant with a T flavor - you want a complete conceptualization of the universe. But notice your language: finding place in the world. Discovering purpose. Pushing limits. The quote in your sig - make yourself grow [...] beyond measure, free yourself. Your wording is all about stretching out and letting go into the All, not distilling inward like Ni into the Singular. (Yes, of course, they are one in the same, and the goal of all N doms is The One.) But look at your username, your member title, your signature, your avatar. Look at all the complex, theoretical, symbolic information shoved in those little spaces. Look at the variety of it and the expansiveness of it. Your posts themselves expanding content to include more and more related content, instead of honing into points. There is nothing Ni about the way you present information, which is a good clue to how you process information. Your wall-o-texts are also pretty classically N-Ti.

I'm still pushing ENTP :static:

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
[MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION]

Edit: I worked out what you meant now. Problem is I expressed myself badly in the original post you quoted and then didn't pick up on the mistake you were referring to.:doh:

What I meant is that at first you look at it, and just say "wtf", but the times when you do manage to get to the essence of the post, all the elaborate words were not really necessary at all to the point being made.

But actually I think I was unfair on SP's there.

N's can be just as guilty of this. The only difference is the motivation. They will do it because they have an imprecise concept which they are therefore unable to convey, and cover it up in jargon, wrongly believing they are saying something novel.

I think an SP would do it more for stylistic reasons. Or it it's tertiary Ni it would just seem less convincing maybe? In the same way that an Ni dom using Se wordplay would just seem less developed at it.

For some reason I just get the feel with [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] that it is stylistic and not because his ideas are so out there in themselves. But I'm a big minority on that one so who knows?

I

Infinite Bubble

Are you healthy right now (no stress or anything)? A tertiary loop could explain a lot of your problems.

Remember that ENTPs and INTJs have the exact same function order (N, T, F, S), only with reversed attitudes, so they will indeed look similar at times.

On another note, it would be ironic if you are indeed ENTP, considering the thread that you based this one off.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am actually in a much healthier state of being right now then I have been in years. Anyway, just to be a repititious robot and reference Neuroscience of Personality again, both ENTP and INTJ also have high use of the Precise Speaker brain function, which deals with the spoken and written word. Those who have it well-developed can compose complex word structures and fuse them together in a fancy way. Just like Il Morto is saying, this can indeed provide an illusion of greater reasoning and deductive abilities than the user may in actuality have. The flaw in his argument though is that not a single SP had high use of Precise Speaker, at least according to Dario Nardi's EEG research. Indeed 3 of the 4 SPs (except ESFP) had above-average use of Precise Speaker, but none of them had it quite as high as ENTP and INTJ, who had it at the top.

Skylights actually made a very interesting argument for ENTP, and even showed a genuine care and passion for the material I have created on this forum; although I cannot immediately conclude her typing argument is exactly right, but I am sure there are some critical parts I can use from her analysis. The main point I guess was how I am always evolving my material in an outward form of development that really broadens the horizon, rather than extrapolating back to the root of primal simplicity. The reason I still believe this to be NiTe rather than NeTi is because I am trying to form a vision of a future achievement and then find a direction to reach it, and this requires outlining all contingent possibilities. A heightened awareness from the top of the mountain can aid us in seeing the shining path from afar, and then taking the necessary steps on the journey to reach this destination. I believe this to be INTJ masterminding rather than ENTP inventing.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know what you mean.

To be honest I don't see RaptorWizard as INTP for exactly the same reason - his interests, avatar etc. would all point to "steretypical INTP" int he most extreme, exaggerated sense, but the "style" makes me think otherwise.

Good points. When I perceive a person's type, it's more because of the way they act and appear to me: online, I can't do that as all I'm seeing is text. Your analysis is better than mine in any case. All that I know for certain is that he's not INTJ (unless, as you said, he's "fuckin with us all":D).