• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Who thinks I'am an ISTP? Vote for this if you believe it!

Do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I copied the title of the [MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION] thread Who thinks I'am an ENTP? Vote for this if you believe it!

Anyway, many forum members have told me that they think I could be ISTP (most also say type 5 and TiNi loop).

So, do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP? Why yes? Why no?

When I was 8 years old I got via children's test IxTx (it gave different possible directions I could go), and when I was 10 years old, I got ISTP with low S via adult test. When I got back into personality theory at age 15 I idealized myself and tested as INTP, and when I test now though at age 19 whether it is my own self-deluded image or a real possibility I get INTJ.

Also, here's some quotes posted below by a few forum members about their thoughts on whether I could be ISTP taken from the ISTPs and Affairs/Cheating thread:
You're too weird to be ISTP. And I don't mean weird to be insulting. It is what it is.

I've been that weird before, but it took a bag of shrooms, some lsd, and a psychotic meltdown over a period of two weeks.

The only reason why anyone would type you ISTP is because they are N valuing types, who can't help but conjure up different possibilities. They're like the cool kids who have to be "different", for no reason. ISTP is a "novel" answer, in their minds.
ISTPs - you mean people who claim that as their type for a month? Ah, yes. During the month they claim to be ISTP, they cheat. Special.
Actually, loyalty is something that comes up frequently in the ISTP descriptions as a strength. So you're kinda full of shit on this one. You'd get further if you argued that ISTPs might be more likely to seize the moment and act without thinking of the consequences, resulting in cheating. Really though, type is not really a useful factor to think about in this case. It might affect the details of the way someone is most likely to cheat, but I don't think it affects their likelihood of cheating at all.

If you want another personal anecdote to add to the collection, I'm more monogamy-oriented than most people I know and have never cheated. I don't even like casually dating more than one person at a time, personally, although I don't think there's anything wrong with the practice.

Btw, I'd be extremely, extremely surprised if you are an ISTP. You are very unlike any ISTP I've known either here or offline.

Standuble

I previously suggested you were an INTJ with an arguably less developed Te but with a slightly more developed Fi and this was what was screwing with the results (I wouldn't say you were in an Ni-Fi loop however.) I do have a question however: Are you 100% certain you're a T? You could be an INFJ with an underdeveloped Fe who is in an Ni-Ti loop rather than a Ti-Ni loop.

How long have you studied the four perceiving functions? You should know your tertiary even if you do not know your auxilary.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Congrats on preserving the spelling error in the title. That makes this a true "tribute" thread.

I'm feeling all teary.:cry:

Jaguar

Thanks for taking my comments out of context.
My post had nothing to do with your so-called type, nor do I have any interest in it.

S

Society

i voted yes because ISTP is more likely then INTJ, but so is INTP. your thought process is largely exploratory, mending pieces of information to gain internal coherence. you show no symptom of Te.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I previously suggested you were an INTJ with an arguably less developed Te but with a slightly more developed Fi and this was what was screwing with the results (I wouldn't say you were in an Ni-Fi loop however.) I do have a question however: Are you 100% certain you're a T? You could be an INFJ with an underdeveloped Fe who is in an Ni-Ti loop rather than a Ti-Ni loop.

How long have you studied the four perceiving functions? You should know your tertiary even if you do not know your auxilary.

I have no idea what functions I use - but there is an interesting metaphysical system I recently developed that could give some insights into thought processes and functions below:

My Philosophical System

Behold the ultimate life purpose and the meaning of God!

Life
1. Life is a journey in search of freedom and achievement.
2. Freedom is the foundation from which achievement can take shape.
3. Achievement is an ever evolving transformation of creation by willpower.
4. Willpower is conceptualization made manifest by the mind into creation.
5. Conceptualization is a mental construction from which vision is built.
6. Vision is the way in which the world is perceived.
7. The world is the infinite existence producing all possible forms.
8. Existence is all the levels of creation experienced by life.
9. Creation is an eternal expression of life focused into form.

God
10. God is the source from which life and creation spring.
11. The source is a force flowing throughout all of existence.
12. A force is the cause from which further effects follow.
13. Cause and effect is a dynamic system of contingency sequences.
14. A contingency sequence is all the possible directions of actions.
15. A direction is the path of movement on a journey.
16. A journey is moving towards a destination on a limitless horizon.
17. A destination is the accomplishment of an ultimate life goal.
18. A goal is a star guiding our ways towards freedom.

Meaning
19. Meaning is found in becoming a fully self-mastered being.
20. A fully self-mastered being is liberated from all limitations.
21. Being without limitations is impossible in a well-ordered realm.
22. A well-ordered realm is one in which laws persist.
23. To alter the laws would make being without limitations possible.
24. Being without limitations would make feats like moving mountains possible.
25. Moving mountains could be seen as a means of ascension.
26. Ascension is transcending this dimension above and beyond its design.
27. To design all things in theory is perfection without end.

What steps of action must we take to accomplish eternal life, world peace, universal enlightenment, ultimate power, and unified love?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, you're way too much a geek.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Nah. I just think of my little brother, ISTP to the core. He'd probably like you, but he'd probably also wonder what you've been smoking.

your thought process is largely exploratory, mending pieces of information to gain internal coherence

Yep, Pe/Ji. Not Se, though.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I suppose it's possible......... but I think you're too N heavy to properly label you as ISTP, even if you are somehow still TiNi.

I

Infinite Bubble

I think N dom. Have you considered ENTP?

My Philosophical System

^ This seems almost like Ne word association.

If you're Ni rather than Ne then I would say INFJ is most likely out of the INJ's.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think N dom. Have you considered ENTP?

I seem to have a lot of those traits, like the randomized thought patterns with creativity or radical ideas and such, but as gregarious and energized as I can be, I am not an extravert in my natural state of being, as it takes a special focus from me to effectively communicate with people and derive energy from it in unfamiliar situations.

^ This seems almost like Ne word association.

Indeed there do seem to be many elegant connections shared amongst those many axioms, so I will have to take a good look at this direction you are gazing into.

If you're Ni rather than Ne then I would say INFJ is most likely out of the INJ's.

I can see why I could look INFJ from certain angles, since I like to take into account a group opinion and try to connect all of those diverse opinions together, but just how I'm not naturally extraverted, I am also under normal conditions not a feeler, as emotions and empathy take effort from me to fully tap into.

Standuble

I can see why I could look INFJ from certain angles, since I like to take into account a group opinion and try to connect all of those diverse opinions together, but just how I'm not naturally extraverted, I am also under normal conditions not a feeler, as emotions and empathy take effort from me to fully tap into.

Be aware that feeler =/= emotional. The F is about evaluating something based on its perceived value or worth either to the self (Fi) or the collective (Fe.) For an INFJ the Fe would adapt itself to ethics and value systems that exist in the outside world, the perceiving function determining the prevalent societal value and it being adopted. Also be aware that empathy is (in my understanding) not an inherent component of either function.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Be aware that feeler =/= emotional. The F is about evaluating something based on its perceived value or worth either to the self (Fi) or the collective (Fe.) For an INFJ the Fe would adapt itself to ethics and value systems that exist in the outside world, the perceiving function determining the prevalent societal value and it being adopted. Also be aware that empathy is (in my understanding) not an inherent component of either function.

I certainly consider the collective value for the sake of perception and open-mindedness (this thread is an example), but I also will tenaciously chase my own convictions to the extreme limits and take drastic measures at least in theory to accomplish what I see to be great things from the desires of my heart. The idea is to consider and create from an infinite spectrum of possibilities.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're immature and need to grow into yourself, type be damned :shrug:

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
i voted yes because ISTP is more likely then INTJ, but so is INTP. your thought process is largely exploratory, mending pieces of information to gain internal coherence. you show no symptom of Te.

I agree, RW does not interact like any RL or online INTJ I have ever come across.

I think a lot of people have typed him by avatar/interests rather than thought-process, a big mistake.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
No, you're way too much a geek.

My thoughts. I'm sticking with INTP.

See my comment above.

Why couldn't an ISTP be a massive geek? If hypothetically an ISTP was a geek, how would their thought-process differ from RW?

What if I was someone, like the many on the intenet, who thought that N=genius and S=stoopid, and so I decided to try to sound extra geeky in every post, just so people would tell me I'm like totally iNtuitive? I'm pretty sure that happens a lot (not saying RW does this).

Also by extension, if I'm not a geek, can I therefore not be an NTP?

Or does it only work one way but not the other? If not why not?

Geek may have to do with all kinds of things, also background, maybe autism and such things. (again not saying this applies to RW, just saying).

I think Howard from Big Bang Theory is ISTP, and definitely a geek.

Sorry I think you guys equating N with geek, is a big misunderstanding.

I

Infinite Bubble

To continue from where we left off...

I seem to have a lot of those traits, like the randomized thought patterns with creativity or radical ideas and such, but as gregarious and energized as I can be, I am not an extravert in my natural state of being, as it takes a special focus from me to effectively communicate with people and derive energy from it in unfamiliar situations.

Extroverted in the sense of functions does not necessarily imply social. ENP's are often cited as the most introverted extroverts because their Ne can revolve around external ideas and concepts rather than people. Your videos are a good example of this.

INFJ's are introverts, so having Fe doesn't mean that you'll be wanting to connect with people every moment of every day. As for emotions:

Be aware that feeler =/= emotional.

Also, if you are under stress at this time, or perhaps for a different reason, you could have developed Ti/undeveloped Fe, or are in a Ni-Ti loop.

This is most likely Ne:

The idea is to consider and create from an infinite spectrum of possibilities.

Your philosophy shows a combination of Ne and Ti also. I think your function pairs are Ti-Fe & Ne-Si. So that's ENTP, INTP, ISFJ and ESFJ. And obviously, the first two are the only ones applicable to you. You show more N than T in your posts, so that's why I'm inclined to say ENTP right now.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, so [MENTION=16748]Il Morto Che Parla[/MENTION] is saying ISTP could be a real possibility, and [MENTION=17266]Infinite Bubble[/MENTION] is saying ENTP could be a real possibility; what's the capital difference between those 2 types?

I suppose ISTP is generally a self-contained type into action and specialization within a chosen craft, and ENTP seems to be a creative type more into presenting arguments and constructing elaborate designs.

Also, I would see why it's possible I could be an atypical ISTP, since it is a pretty diverse type, but I could also see the case for ENTP functions, because of the varied thought dynamics.