User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 11.67%
  • No

53 88.33%
First 789101119 Last

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Except Ti Ni is used by sensors in MBTI...
    Apologies, I was thinking of the INFJ Ni-Ti loop.

This thread isn't really going anywhere; have you decided @RaptorWizard?

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    You also clearly have Fe too

You replied -

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    but to say Fe isn't there would be insane, since I clearly have emotions and even express them.
    This should sum up that you are not an IJ (INTJ).

since I am in your eyes a TiNi ISTP, do you think I have neglected my extraverted side, such as Se or Fe (I asked Duck a similar question)?
    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    How do you "neglect" Se? It's too easy to embrace. ISFPs and ISTPs still hold tight on being grounded people, even if they don't have the most eventful lives. Ni will show up more in the events that you are not grounded on - it's not there to replace everything else you know. Ni at best will fill in the blanks. You never can truly neglect Se, because information is flying in your face on a momentary basis. Sometimes it's stressful when you've lost grounding from a Fe perspective, and you get suspicious of what a person really means or where you stand in a relationship. These are things that Se does not provide easy answers to, but where it's tempting to "read into" with Ni. Even then, most are going to lean on directness and examination (se) and ask questions than read into things for long.
    The word most people use to describe people who they believe are in loops is underdeveloped. However I used the word 'neglected'. If one is an ISTP it is highly unlikely that person would be an ISTP if that person's Se is underdeveloped. Thus the use of the word neglected by me.

IxxP types from what I have noticed tend to - until they reach a certain age - not fully embrace their extroverted functions. This is probably the reason IxxPs unlike their extroverted cousins take the longest time to jump in to action. (IxxJs doesn't seem to have this issue.) Thus the use of the word 'neglected' at RW.

However I do realize ISTPs are the urban cowboys of the introverts and jump in to daring tasks. (And INTPs in their respective fields.) Still if you closely analyse the daredevil nature of ISTPs they tend to 'jump in to action' of the fields/tasks they are confident at/knows that they can escape/pull it off unharmed. This implies their Se is more focused than immediate. And this also means that their Se isn't fully embraced.

But anyway, people in loops display unhealthy behaviors. If I was in a loop, my thinking would be less natural, but rather it flows naturally and takes on great shape.
    People in loops displaying unhealthy behaviour? Yes! But not all the time and in not all areas of life. And if anything they would be more focused (therefore stronger) in their desired (obsessed) areas of life.

IxxP types from what I have noticed tend to - until they reach a certain age - not fully embrace their extroverted functions. This is probably the reason IxxPs unlike their extroverted cousins take the longest time to jump in to action. (IxxJs doesn't seem to have this issue.) Thus the use of the word 'neglected' at RW.

However I do realize ISTPs are the urban cowboys of the introverts and jump in to daring tasks. (And INTPs in their respective fields.) Still if you closely analyse the daredevil nature of ISTPs they tend to 'jump in to action' of the fields/tasks they are confident at/knows that they can escape/pull it off unharmed. This implies their Se is more focused than immediate. And this also means that their Se isn't fully embraced.
    We don't even have to get into action oriented stuff. Those stereotypes aren't even necessary for Se. Se is more about realism. Se "action" runs the whole gamut of tactile thinking. It's tactile in general. All the nitty gritty shit that you probably don't want to think about. I think you might be so removed from it that when you talk about Se, you have to fantasize about "daredevils" and "cowboys" just to make it palpable to yourself. An ISTP could be relatively stationary, but they're hardly going to neglect Se to the point that they're not even grounded in everyday things. That stuff is essential to their peace of mind and way of orienting themselves. And Raptor seems more like someone who can't address many subjects without dramatizing them in some way. This is why I don't think he's a Se user. Not because he's not "action oriented" (I don't know if he is or not).

Riva

We don't even have to get into action oriented stuff. Those stereotypes aren't even necessary for Se. Se is more about realism. Se "action" runs the whole gamut of tactile thinking. It's tactile in general. All the nitty gritty shit that you probably don't want to think about. I think you might be so removed from it that when you talk about Se, you have to fantasize about "daredevils" and "cowboys" just to make it palpable to yourself. An ISTP could be relatively stationary, but they're hardly going to neglect Se to the point that they're not even grounded in everyday things. That stuff is essential to their peace of mind and way of orienting themselves. And Raptor seems more like someone who can't address many subjects without dramatizing them in some way. This is why I don't think he's a Se user. Not because he's not "action oriented" (I don't know if he is or not).
    I was dramatizing when I said 'jump in to daring tasks'. A metaphor it was.

I was dramatizing when I said 'jump in to daring tasks'. A metaphor it was.
    You're always dramatizing.

Riva

You're always dramatizing.
    I'm glad I managed to avoid a argument with an 6w5. Arguments with 6w5s are usually bloodbaths.

Not an easy thing to do that is.

Edit -

Oh I did it again.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

You replied -
    As I usually do if there is a good reason to and if I have something to say.

This should sum up that you are not an IJ (INTJ).
    It should sum up that I'm a sentient creature rather than a machine.

The word most people use to describe people who they believe are in loops is underdeveloped. However I used the word 'neglected'. If one is an ISTP it is highly unlikely that person would be an ISTP if that person's Se is underdeveloped. Thus the use of the word neglected by me.
    There is no reason why under your definitions if I focus on my so-called 4th function (Fe) that I would not also focus on what you see as my 2nd function (Se).

Again, if I neglected my extraverted functions, it is senseless that I would use Fe and not Se, since Fe is an extraverted function, albeit the inferior one too. Way to contradict yourself. Also, if my extraverted side were not sufficiently developed, we would not even be having this conversation, as I would have neglected the outside world. But you see, I'm fully immersed in it, which my extreme interest in everyone's points of view shows. This would imply that Se observation combined with Fe awareness is connecting me too it, and that my extraverted side is indeed developed. You should try checking your logic at every step before jumping to these judicious conclusions. On another note, my willingness to challenge you could also be Te.

Well, I do like to explore things in a rather random manner, but this process is slow and gives no immediate results. I do it to generate ideas and gather information to build a map and see the steps of action I need to take to walk in the right direction. What you describe is much more decisive and less premeditated.

People in loops displaying unhealthy behaviour? Yes! But not all the time and in not all areas of life. And if anything they would be more focused (therefore stronger) in their desired (obsessed) areas of life.
    How focused are we talking? Focused enough for you to call me a TiNi INTP?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

So is it settled that I'm not an ISTP in a TiNi loop or is it still debatable?

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    If there was such thing as a ti ni loop then there would be such thing as an se fe loop, si fi loop, etc.
    People talk about these all the time.

common referenced loops on forums

Ti-Si (intp), Fi-Si (INFP) Ne-Fe (ENTP), Ni-Ti (INFJ), Te-Se (ENTJ), and the famous ISTP Ti-Ni of course

probably because these are the "types" who post and talk about themselves most on forums

MBTI
    xxTP

On another note, my willingness to challenge you could also be Te.
    Why?

Does that mean I'm using Te now?

(Rhetorical question).