• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Who thinks I'am an ISTP? Vote for this if you believe it!

Do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP?

• Total voters
I

Infinite Bubble

Except Ti Ni is used by sensors in MBTI...

Apologies, I was thinking of the INFJ Ni-Ti loop.

This thread isn't really going anywhere; have you decided [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]?

R

Riva

You also clearly have Fe too

You replied -

but to say Fe isn't there would be insane, since I clearly have emotions and even express them.

This should sum up that you are not an IJ (INTJ).

since I am in your eyes a TiNi ISTP, do you think I have neglected my extraverted side, such as Se or Fe (I asked Duck a similar question)?

How do you "neglect" Se? It's too easy to embrace. ISFPs and ISTPs still hold tight on being grounded people, even if they don't have the most eventful lives. Ni will show up more in the events that you are not grounded on - it's not there to replace everything else you know. Ni at best will fill in the blanks. You never can truly neglect Se, because information is flying in your face on a momentary basis. Sometimes it's stressful when you've lost grounding from a Fe perspective, and you get suspicious of what a person really means or where you stand in a relationship. These are things that Se does not provide easy answers to, but where it's tempting to "read into" with Ni. Even then, most are going to lean on directness and examination (se) and ask questions than read into things for long.

The word most people use to describe people who they believe are in loops is underdeveloped. However I used the word 'neglected'. If one is an ISTP it is highly unlikely that person would be an ISTP if that person's Se is underdeveloped. Thus the use of the word neglected by me.

IxxP types from what I have noticed tend to - until they reach a certain age - not fully embrace their extroverted functions. This is probably the reason IxxPs unlike their extroverted cousins take the longest time to jump in to action. (IxxJs doesn't seem to have this issue.) Thus the use of the word 'neglected' at RW.

However I do realize ISTPs are the urban cowboys of the introverts and jump in to daring tasks. (And INTPs in their respective fields.) Still if you closely analyse the daredevil nature of ISTPs they tend to 'jump in to action' of the fields/tasks they are confident at/knows that they can escape/pull it off unharmed. This implies their Se is more focused than immediate. And this also means that their Se isn't fully embraced.

But anyway, people in loops display unhealthy behaviors. If I was in a loop, my thinking would be less natural, but rather it flows naturally and takes on great shape.

People in loops displaying unhealthy behaviour? Yes! But not all the time and in not all areas of life. And if anything they would be more focused (therefore stronger) in their desired (obsessed) areas of life.

KDude

IxxP types from what I have noticed tend to - until they reach a certain age - not fully embrace their extroverted functions. This is probably the reason IxxPs unlike their extroverted cousins take the longest time to jump in to action. (IxxJs doesn't seem to have this issue.) Thus the use of the word 'neglected' at RW.

However I do realize ISTPs are the urban cowboys of the introverts and jump in to daring tasks. (And INTPs in their respective fields.) Still if you closely analyse the daredevil nature of ISTPs they tend to 'jump in to action' of the fields/tasks they are confident at/knows that they can escape/pull it off unharmed. This implies their Se is more focused than immediate. And this also means that their Se isn't fully embraced.

We don't even have to get into action oriented stuff. Those stereotypes aren't even necessary for Se. Se is more about realism. Se "action" runs the whole gamut of tactile thinking. It's tactile in general. All the nitty gritty shit that you probably don't want to think about. I think you might be so removed from it that when you talk about Se, you have to fantasize about "daredevils" and "cowboys" just to make it palpable to yourself. An ISTP could be relatively stationary, but they're hardly going to neglect Se to the point that they're not even grounded in everyday things. That stuff is essential to their peace of mind and way of orienting themselves. And Raptor seems more like someone who can't address many subjects without dramatizing them in some way. This is why I don't think he's a Se user. Not because he's not "action oriented" (I don't know if he is or not).

R

Riva

We don't even have to get into action oriented stuff. Those stereotypes aren't even necessary for Se. Se is more about realism. Se "action" runs the whole gamut of tactile thinking. It's tactile in general. All the nitty gritty shit that you probably don't want to think about. I think you might be so removed from it that when you talk about Se, you have to fantasize about "daredevils" and "cowboys" just to make it palpable to yourself. An ISTP could be relatively stationary, but they're hardly going to neglect Se to the point that they're not even grounded in everyday things. That stuff is essential to their peace of mind and way of orienting themselves. And Raptor seems more like someone who can't address many subjects without dramatizing them in some way. This is why I don't think he's a Se user. Not because he's not "action oriented" (I don't know if he is or not).

I was dramatizing when I said 'jump in to daring tasks'. A metaphor it was.

R

Riva

You're always dramatizing. ;)

I'm glad I managed to avoid a argument with an 6w5. Arguments with 6w5s are usually bloodbaths.

Not an easy thing to do that is.

Edit -

Oh I did it again.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You replied -

As I usually do if there is a good reason to and if I have something to say.

This should sum up that you are not an IJ (INTJ).

It should sum up that I'm a sentient creature rather than a machine.

The word most people use to describe people who they believe are in loops is underdeveloped. However I used the word 'neglected'. If one is an ISTP it is highly unlikely that person would be an ISTP if that person's Se is underdeveloped. Thus the use of the word neglected by me.

There is no reason why under your definitions if I focus on my so-called 4th function (Fe) that I would not also focus on what you see as my 2nd function (Se).

Again, if I neglected my extraverted functions, it is senseless that I would use Fe and not Se, since Fe is an extraverted function, albeit the inferior one too. Way to contradict yourself. Also, if my extraverted side were not sufficiently developed, we would not even be having this conversation, as I would have neglected the outside world. But you see, I'm fully immersed in it, which my extreme interest in everyone's points of view shows. This would imply that Se observation combined with Fe awareness is connecting me too it, and that my extraverted side is indeed developed. You should try checking your logic at every step before jumping to these judicious conclusions. On another note, my willingness to challenge you could also be Te.

Well, I do like to explore things in a rather random manner, but this process is slow and gives no immediate results. I do it to generate ideas and gather information to build a map and see the steps of action I need to take to walk in the right direction. What you describe is much more decisive and less premeditated.

People in loops displaying unhealthy behaviour? Yes! But not all the time and in not all areas of life. And if anything they would be more focused (therefore stronger) in their desired (obsessed) areas of life.

How focused are we talking? Focused enough for you to call me a TiNi INTP?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So is it settled that I'm not an ISTP in a TiNi loop or is it still debatable? :shrug:

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
If there was such thing as a ti ni loop then there would be such thing as an se fe loop, si fi loop, etc.

People talk about these all the time.

common referenced loops on forums

Ti-Si (intp), Fi-Si (INFP) Ne-Fe (ENTP), Ni-Ti (INFJ), Te-Se (ENTJ), and the famous ISTP Ti-Ni of course

probably because these are the "types" who post and talk about themselves most on forums

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=16748]Il Morto Che Parla[/MENTION] I'm going to answer your so-called 'question' on your questioning my statement on Te.

Extraverted Thinking* - (Te)

Contingency planning, scheduling, and quantifying utilize the process of extraverted Thinking.

Extraverted Thinking helps us organize our environment and ideas through charts, tables, graphs, flow charts, outlines, and so on.

At its most sophisticated, this process is about organizing and monitoring people and things to work efficiently and productively.

Empirical thinking is at the core of extraverted Thinking when we challenge someone's ideas based on the logic of the facts in front of us or lay out reasonable explanations for decisions or conclusions made, often trying to establish order in someone else's thought process.

In written or verbal communication, extraverted Thinking helps us easily follow someone else's logic, sequence, or organization.

It also helps us notice when something is missing, like when someone says he or she is going to talk about four topics and talks about only three.

In general, it allows us to compartmentalize many aspects of our lives so we can do what is necessary to accomplish our objectives.

source - http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/Cognitive-Functions/Extraverted-Thinking.cfm

Theoretically, anyone can use any function. I suppose some may just come more naturally than others.

I guess you may have used a 'baby Te' when you questioned me, but in a more developed form, it takes on a complex chain of reasoning.

For one thing, I pointed out how Riva's assumption on my Se not being developed because my extraverted side is weak had no logical correlation with his insistence on my 'high Fe use'.

I may or may not be a auxilary Te user, but nonetheless, I think it's fair to say, based on the definition I quoted, that Te in some form was taking place.

See also how my statements in this thread follow a linear flow, where one point connects to another in a well-ordered line of reasoning.

Although attacking and criticizing is something theoretically anyone can do, for a Te user, I would think it comes with a more powerful and prevelant tenacity to argue and take action.

Feel free folks to attack anything you perceive to be a flaw in my presentation.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]

Your post was pure Ti/

And it was not a "so-called 'question'", I openly said it was a RHETORICAL QUESTION,meaning one which DOES NOT REQUIRE AN ANSWER.:happy2:

Te fail :=P

I

Infinite Bubble

Be aware that Ti is extremely good at pointing out logical fallacies and discrepancies in others' statements. It tries hard to keep logical consistency and thus can easy spot when someone is saying something illogical.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Be aware that Ti is extremely good at pointing out logical fallacies and discrepancies in others' statements. It tries hard to keep logical consistency and thus can easy spot when someone is saying something illogical.

Critical thinking.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Who thinks I'am an ISTP? Vote for this if you believe it!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've read that INTJ are supposed to have high IQs, but mine is only a mediocre 114 - does that make me an ISTP? :cry: Or what about ENTP? Their IQs are lower!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Being an ISTP Artisan Crafter Analyzer Operator Mechanic Improviser is so awesome and freaking amazing! I get to do what I want whenever I want without heeding stupid and convoluted calls to do what humanity thinks is right by the dang retarded rules. Be a radical rebel! Have guts and daring boldness. Approach all challenges with wild tenacity and a never-look-back attitude. Become who you are meant to be. All negatives will make me rise ever higher! Never give up. Have a firm resolve that never falters. Have fun in life and let your tools strike relentlessly at the right moment. All shall fear my invincible might! Such is the way of the ISTP; such is the way of unprecedented greatness - perfection.

:solidarity:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You kind of weird me out with your rambling, and I actually happen to be a person who is interested in things like Eastern mind-body spiritual practices, but it's the way you pontificate about it, it's like you're in some Ni/Ji loop, like you're either not balanced out properly with Te or Se.

I tend to believe you're an introvert having some introverted Ni fine time all by yourself, without consulting any external methodology or verifiable experience.

This makes you probably either an ISxP or INxJ.

I really don't think NTP is right for you at all. Anyone who says you are is steretyping you as being a kooky, theoretical N by four letter dichotomies rather than sticking to function theory.