User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 11.67%
  • No

53 88.33%
First 3456715 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    (unless, as you said, he's "fuckin with us all").
    I'm not fucking with anybody. When I created this thread, I was honestly wondering what people thought.

I like to keep an open mind about these kinds of things, since as always, I could be wrong.

As such, I am trying to appreciate other people's points of view, even if they clash with my own.

In any case, I can respect your disagreement with my 'INTJ' typing. I seriously questioned it myself.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I'm not fucking with anybody. When I created this thread, I was honestly wondering what people thought.

I like to keep an open mind about these kinds of things, since as always, I could be wrong.

As such, I am trying to appreciate other people's points of view, even if they clash with my own.

In any case, I can respect your disagreement with my 'INTJ' typing. I seriously questioned it myself.
    I know: I meant that maybe you're actually INTJ with an IxTP persona.

INTJs that I've met can be fun, but they also tend to be to the point and say what needs to be said. In your case, there seems to be a certain degree of abstraction and a disinterest in proving a point - and even a degree of playfulness in it - but rather giving us food for thought, so that we can ruminate on it, which is much more similar to what I've noticed for INTPs and ENTPs. Unfortunately, I haven't had sufficient contact with ISTPs in intellectual musings.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

MBTI
    xxTP

Anyway, just to be a repititious robot and reference Neuroscience of Personality again, both ENTP and INTJ also have high use of the Precise Speaker brain function, which deals with the spoken and written word. Those who have it well-developed can compose complex word structures and fuse them together in a fancy way. Just like Il Morto is saying, this can indeed provide an illusion of greater reasoning and deductive abilities than the user may in actuality have. The flaw in his argument though is that not a single SP had high use of Precise Speaker, at least according to Dario Nardi's EEG research.
    That wasn't my description of you though. That's the kind of person who sounds like a typical academic or debater.

To me you seem different to that. There is elaborate language but it doesn't seem so tightly "fused together" as you put it. More like words chosen for aesthetic effect or aesthetic appeal, whereas the "Precise Speaker" would seemingly choose words to be extremely logically convincing (at least to a chosen audience).

Maybe I am wrong and it is not aesthetics, and that genuinely is the most accurate way you find to express your ideas.

Inw hich case, far from my observation being rendered invalid, could perhaps that erroneous external perception created in the third party observer, be a sign of Tert Ni in a genuine attempt to carry out the "Precise Speaker" role in conjunction with Ti? Whereas dom Ne-Ti would be more convincing?

FWIW though I am not ruling out ENTP. It also depends on your own relationship with the Raptor Wizard "persona".

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Refer back to the first post Il Morto. I indeed said that the TiNi loop thing may be the prime cause - don't say it like I wasn't considering it.

MBTI
    xxTP

I didn't mean to sound like that man, apologies. Obviously you were considering it if you made this thread.

Infinite Bubble

If you're still going with INTJ... then I suggest 5w4 as being more suitable than w6.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    If you're still going with INTJ... then I suggest 5w4 as being more suitable than w6.
    Hm, so you really think INTJ is possible now; would you care to elaborate your reasoning behind this, or are you just trusting my judgment?

But anyway, ya, I gave 5(w4) rather than w6 very serious consideration. I know the 6 wing is a bit more of a rationalist, and the 4 wing is a bit more of a dreamer.

Many of my ideas and emotions don't completely connect with logic and reason, but they do have a certain feeling touch that springs from the heart.

I'm also more into fantasy and imagination than science and reality, although I do believe understanding the latter is a critical key in understanding the former.

I chose 5w6 ultimately because of a description about it with the specific sx/sp stacking, which I will include below, and it said that they can be mistaken for 5w4.

5w6 sx/sp - "From Another Planet." Less attracted to mundane science, more likely to be captivated by the unusual and complex universes that populate cutting edge sci-fi. Slow to trust but driven to engage with others, may offer hints about their secret interests to test a person's receptiveness. They share their private ideas and knowledge as a way to get closer. This tactic may unintentionally win them many friends, but leave them just as removed from any romantic prospects. Not as nerdish though a bit on the odd side, others may find them strangely appealing. Overall, the most atypical 5w6, can be mistaken for 5w4.
    source - http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/fo...TOPIC_ID=8097&
    You can find that description amongst the many various stackings for 5w6 along with some of the 5w4s in that link at the 7th post down.

Still, I don't know how reliable those decriptions are, but I know I could be wrong about typing as 5w6, and that 5w4 may indeed be my type.

Infinite Bubble

Hm, so you really think INTJ is possible now; would you care to elaborate your reasoning behind this, or are you just trusting my judgment?
    Ultimately, typology is a best-fit system and of course the individual in question has the final say. Obviously, you know yourself better than anyone on the internet possibly could, and if you believe your functions fits with the four described as INTJ, then yes I trust your judgement. I can't say I agree based on what I've seen from your posts, but nevertheless my reasons are stated above.

Many of my ideas and emotions don't completely connect with logic and reason, but they do have a certain feeling touch that springs from the heart.

I'm also more into fantasy and imagination than science and reality, although I do believe understanding the latter is a critical key in understanding the former.
    This was basically my reasoning for the 4 typing, but:

I chose 5w6 ultimately because of a description about it with the specific sx/sp stacking, which I will include below, and it said that they can be mistaken for 5w4.
    I suppose this fits well too. My thinking was that the difference in your enneagram from the INTJ norm would be the cause for you to not appear like the typical version. I think 5w6 is what the majority of INTJs are typed as.

Ah well. It's up to you in the end. If you think this is it, then may it be.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I can see it.

It appears you're Ti-Ni looping like a mofo, Raptor.
    I'm the same way. I probably suffer from that Seasonal Affective Disorder shit.

Every winter, it's the same--I go through a teenage identity crisis. INTJ. INFJ.
    Something about the cold weather. Really brings out the Ni.

And as my homeboy KDude observed, you are quite "weird".
    Nonetheless, an ISTP with a strong tertiary function (Ni) will appear this way.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

@Duck_of_Death ok, so you see me as a TiNi ISTP. How well developed then would you say my Se is?

Also I'm wondering, what's life like as an ISTP in general? I have read various things that say how they are the very most NT of the sensors.

Lastly, I can show you some of my metaphysical content, should you be interested. It could help in identifying functions, and since you identify as ISTP, if I am one, you should relate.

Hey guys how do TiNi loops work rather than NiTi loops, because lots of people accuse me of being an ISTP in a TiNi loop, but yet everyone focuses on INFJs and NiTi loops.

Why do NiTi INFJs get all the love? Shower some respect on the ISTPs and TiNi loops!

So, I'm asking one more time, how do TiNi loops work for ISTPs?