User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 11.67%
  • No

53 88.33%
First 123412 Last

Infinite Bubble

I think N dom. Have you considered ENTP?

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    My Philosophical System
    ^ This seems almost like Ne word association.

If you're Ni rather than Ne then I would say INFJ is most likely out of the INJ's.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    I think N dom. Have you considered ENTP?
    I seem to have a lot of those traits, like the randomized thought patterns with creativity or radical ideas and such, but as gregarious and energized as I can be, I am not an extravert in my natural state of being, as it takes a special focus from me to effectively communicate with people and derive energy from it in unfamiliar situations.

^ This seems almost like Ne word association.
    Indeed there do seem to be many elegant connections shared amongst those many axioms, so I will have to take a good look at this direction you are gazing into.

If you're Ni rather than Ne then I would say INFJ is most likely out of the INJ's.
    I can see why I could look INFJ from certain angles, since I like to take into account a group opinion and try to connect all of those diverse opinions together, but just how I'm not naturally extraverted, I am also under normal conditions not a feeler, as emotions and empathy take effort from me to fully tap into.

I can see why I could look INFJ from certain angles, since I like to take into account a group opinion and try to connect all of those diverse opinions together, but just how I'm not naturally extraverted, I am also under normal conditions not a feeler, as emotions and empathy take effort from me to fully tap into.
    Be aware that feeler =/= emotional. The F is about evaluating something based on its perceived value or worth either to the self (Fi) or the collective (Fe.) For an INFJ the Fe would adapt itself to ethics and value systems that exist in the outside world, the perceiving function determining the prevalent societal value and it being adopted. Also be aware that empathy is (in my understanding) not an inherent component of either function.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Be aware that feeler =/= emotional. The F is about evaluating something based on its perceived value or worth either to the self (Fi) or the collective (Fe.) For an INFJ the Fe would adapt itself to ethics and value systems that exist in the outside world, the perceiving function determining the prevalent societal value and it being adopted. Also be aware that empathy is (in my understanding) not an inherent component of either function.
    I certainly consider the collective value for the sake of perception and open-mindedness (this thread is an example), but I also will tenaciously chase my own convictions to the extreme limits and take drastic measures at least in theory to accomplish what I see to be great things from the desires of my heart. The idea is to consider and create from an infinite spectrum of possibilities.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

You're immature and need to grow into yourself, type be damned
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    No, you're way too much a geek.
    My thoughts. I'm sticking with INTP.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    i voted yes because ISTP is more likely then INTJ, but so is INTP. your thought process is largely exploratory, mending pieces of information to gain internal coherence. you show no symptom of Te.
    I agree, RW does not interact like any RL or online INTJ I have ever come across.

I think a lot of people have typed him by avatar/interests rather than thought-process, a big mistake.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    No, you're way too much a geek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    My thoughts. I'm sticking with INTP.
    See my comment above.

Why couldn't an ISTP be a massive geek? If hypothetically an ISTP was a geek, how would their thought-process differ from RW?

What if I was someone, like the many on the intenet, who thought that N=genius and S=stoopid, and so I decided to try to sound extra geeky in every post, just so people would tell me I'm like totally iNtuitive? I'm pretty sure that happens a lot (not saying RW does this).

Also by extension, if I'm not a geek, can I therefore not be an NTP?

Or does it only work one way but not the other? If not why not?

Geek may have to do with all kinds of things, also background, maybe autism and such things. (again not saying this applies to RW, just saying).

I think Howard from Big Bang Theory is ISTP, and definitely a geek.

Sorry I think you guys equating N with geek, is a big misunderstanding.

Infinite Bubble

To continue from where we left off...

I seem to have a lot of those traits, like the randomized thought patterns with creativity or radical ideas and such, but as gregarious and energized as I can be, I am not an extravert in my natural state of being, as it takes a special focus from me to effectively communicate with people and derive energy from it in unfamiliar situations.
    Extroverted in the sense of functions does not necessarily imply social. ENP's are often cited as the most introverted extroverts because their Ne can revolve around external ideas and concepts rather than people. Your videos are a good example of this.

INFJ's are introverts, so having Fe doesn't mean that you'll be wanting to connect with people every moment of every day. As for emotions:

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Be aware that feeler =/= emotional.
    Also, if you are under stress at this time, or perhaps for a different reason, you could have developed Ti/undeveloped Fe, or are in a Ni-Ti loop.

This is most likely Ne:

The idea is to consider and create from an infinite spectrum of possibilities.
    Your philosophy shows a combination of Ne and Ti also. I think your function pairs are Ti-Fe & Ne-Si. So that's ENTP, INTP, ISFJ and ESFJ. And obviously, the first two are the only ones applicable to you. You show more N than T in your posts, so that's why I'm inclined to say ENTP right now.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Okay, so @Il Morto Che Parla is saying ISTP could be a real possibility, and @Infinite Bubble is saying ENTP could be a real possibility; what's the capital difference between those 2 types?

I suppose ISTP is generally a self-contained type into action and specialization within a chosen craft, and ENTP seems to be a creative type more into presenting arguments and constructing elaborate designs.

Also, I would see why it's possible I could be an atypical ISTP, since it is a pretty diverse type, but I could also see the case for ENTP functions, because of the varied thought dynamics.