User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 11.67%
  • No

53 88.33%
First 8161718192028 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I originally thought XNTP for you, but here are some more questions:

Describe how you apply your willpower to your world.
    What are some of your goals, and what are some of your accomplishments?
    Do you like to take things apart and put them back together? Do you use this ability to figure out how things work and troubleshoot?
    Do you like driving fast or taking physical risks?
    Do you relate more to inferior Fe, Si, or Se?

This may rule out INTJ for you. I'm also doubting you are INTJ because you really seem to use Fe and not Fi. I have not seen anything resembling Fi in you. It may also rule out ISTP because they are very physical in how they apply their Ti. It's not just about physical use of the body, but they use Se in conjunction with Ti- which means their ideas and logic are more oriented toward the physical world and concrete reality than metaphysical ideas and ideas for their own sake. You really seem more Ne than Se to me, because when I've listened to you talk you bounce around from idea to idea, whereas an ISTP will almost always apply what they are talking about to something concrete sooner or later. ISTP's feel free to moderate this description, but this is my experience with the type so far.

I will read this entire thread at some point, so sorry if some of these questions have already been asked and answered. Also I'm not ruling out INFJ for you. I don't think you seem like much more of a Thinker than me. I think it is much more likely you are INFJ than INTJ, since your Fe seems so prominent.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

It all depends what system you're using. If this is kiersey, and you identify with the 4 letters, that makes you an ISTP. If we're talking jung and the functions, you could be something different.

Considering Kdude, a socionics SLI (Si Te) told you you're too wierd to be ISTP, that probably means he's not going by the functions, otherwise he'd be an ISTJ. The functions across mbti and socionics are consistent and the same, its just hard to realize that for newbs.

I've met plenty of ISTP's who think they're INFJ's. I'm also incredibly attracted to them. That's just a random factoid, I'm not hitting on you. They tend to come in the form of an ISTP who is big into mysticism, they're usually an Sx or a 5w4. Its really just an ISTP who needs to go outside and smell the corpses. ISTJ anger is like getting hit by a baseball bat while ISTP anger is like being stabbed with a knife.

ISTP examples are clint eastwood and dr phil
    ISTJ examples are josh brolin and tommy lee jones

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    This is a good point - I tend to question myself way too easily!

I like things to be very possibility oriented. It's fun for me when a bunch of random madness gets bouncing around, and then seeking the chaos wherever it leads! That's a big reason why I study Philosophy and Cosmology so much, since they can introduce a 'meta'-perspective on our world, or one which goes 'beyond the boundaries'.

Evolution

Imagination

Willpower

Omnipotence

Asking questions is a great way to begin the search for the realities of creation!

Yes, I'm glad to hear that. If I had to rate who my best friends on the forum are, you might rank #3 (behind @superunknown and @greenfairy). I hope my influence can maybe spread a bit through you and onto your world audience. Also, regarding my 'brilliant mind', my IQ was profressionally tested 3 years ago by a psychologist, and I scored 114 (I was genius in some categories, and mediocre in others to balance out at 'above-average'). The important thing though, as Einstein says, is to never stop questioning. That is, of course, the way of the genius.
    Aw, it makes me happy to know that I'm in such good company. I mean who doesn't love a fairy? and superunknown, he is cool [It's okay. He knows I think he's cool.]

Hmm...the bouncing chaos, what function is that?

Asking questions always leads me to some kind of discovery. It forces my mind to be rational.

I have three cousins with IQs over 170 and they have a horrible time just trying to manage day to day life. I subscribe more to the theory of multiple intelligences [Howard Gardner]. So, you're right, the stuff of genius isn't the ability to solve a puzzle on a test but the ability to accomplish or create something that changes the world [or creates a new one altogether] i.e. Edison, Di Vinci, Wright Brothers, Madame Curie, Clara Barton, Jane Adams, Newton, Mozart, Lizts, Hemmingway, Mark Twain, etc. None of them took an IQ test that I know of, but they were all geniuses in their own right. So, when I say you have a brilliant mind, I'm speaking of a quality that goes beyond what can be tested. There is no accurate test for creative genius.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post

I originally thought XNTP for you, but here are some more questions:

Describe how you apply your willpower to your world.
    What are some of your goals, and what are some of your accomplishments?
    Do you like to take things apart and put them back together? Do you use this ability to figure out how things work and troubleshoot?
    Do you like driving fast or taking physical risks?
    Do you relate more to inferior Fe, Si, or Se?
    1. I can't really do much of anything with my willpower yet, except for coming up with concepts, but the principle idea is that it would allow one to 'achieve infinite mastery of creation'.
    2. My ultimate goal is to know the mind of God (which involves constructing a complete theory of everything) which would, in theory, make one share his omnipotence.
    3. I expertly take apart ideas on a routine basis, and I also work with physical objects when I help my dad out with mechanical work, but he has to tell me what to do.
    4. I'm actually very afraid of physical risks, but nonetheless, the Nietzschian 'Ubermensch' would have no fear in initiating intellectual revolutions and turning the world on its head.
    5. I relate best to inferior Fe, since I like to express a lot of feelings, but I do it in a repulsively unpopular way, and I'm also not really very emotionally self-aware.

This may rule out INTJ for you. I'm also doubting you are INTJ because you really seem to use Fe and not Fi. I have not seen anything resembling Fi in you. It may also rule out ISTP because they are very physical in how they apply their Ti. It's not just about physical use of the body, but they use Se in conjunction with Ti- which means their ideas and logic are more oriented toward the physical world and concrete reality than metaphysical ideas and ideas for their own sake. You really seem more Ne than Se to me, because when I've listened to you talk you bounce around from idea to idea, whereas an ISTP will almost always apply what they are talking about to something concrete sooner or later. ISTP's feel free to moderate this description, but this is my experience with the type so far.
    I understand your point. INTJs may be too reserved, and ISTPs may be too practical. I guess INTP though kind of fits in the middle of the 2.

I will read this entire thread at some point, so sorry if some of these questions have already been asked and answered. Also I'm not ruling out INFJ for you. I don't think you seem like much more of a Thinker than me. I think it is much more likely you are INFJ than INTJ, since your Fe seems so prominent.
    Yes, I'm starting to think I'm more Fe as well, and I'm also pretty sure (but not 100%) that the NF temperament doesn't really fit me since I'm so much into extreme rationality.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    It all depends what system you're using. If this is kiersey, and you identify with the 4 letters, that makes you an ISTP. If we're talking jung and the functions, you could be something different.
    Based on the descriptions written by David Keirsey, I would have to be a Ti, either one, and the same likely applies to the Jungian system (ENTP and INTJ rank up there too though).

Considering Kdude, a socionics SLI (Si Te) told you you're too wierd to be ISTP, that probably means he's not going by the functions, otherwise he'd be an ISTJ. The functions across mbti and socionics are consistent and the same, its just hard to realize that for newbs.
    Okay, so he's an ISTx, and as such, he may not have the genuine ISTP perspective, but even if he's not an ISTP, ISTJ is still pretty close to ISTP.

I've met plenty of ISTP's who think they're INFJ's. I'm also incredibly attracted to them. That's just a random factoid, I'm not hitting on you. They tend to come in the form of an ISTP who is big into mysticism. Its really just an ISTP who needs to go outside and smell the corpses. ISTJ anger is like getting hit by a baseball bat while ISTP anger is like being stabbed with a knife.
    I don't think (and never thought) that I'm an INFJ; I see myself as an IxTx. I just can't comprehend how in hell I could be a feeler, even if it is vaguely possible.

These people don't intrigue me in the slightest bit.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

@Poimandres

have you ever taken a look at szadslaw beksinski art? he's INTP 5w4. Very dark and intense. Your avatar sorta reminded me of it, but its not very similar. Idunno if you can identify with his artwork.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

See, DJ Arendee is a good example of Se tying things to concrete reality. He talks about movies, art, real life examples, etc. when illustrating ideas and concepts. I haven't heard you mention anything like that. Of course, I have not read all your threads in their entirety, so I could be missing something- nevertheless if you were ISTP I think you would do it a lot more often.

And you can't be INTJ because your goals don't involve the real world at all. It's not a bad thing, just that you are totally in your mind and Te is all about the external environment.

Also Si is more averse to risk taking, so fits better for you.

I still don't think it's so obvious I'm more of a feeler than you are, but whatever. Maybe it is and I just don't see it. So it's between XNTP and INFJ, and I'm thinking you are XNTP for the same reason I think it of myself- when you act outgoing and try to be extroverted, you act more like an ENTP than an ENFJ- meaning you use a lot of Ne and not so much Fe. Fe is there, but it doesn't just hit someone in the face like it does with an ENFJ.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Pretty much everytime I check up on this thread the infromation says there's a guest audience browsing here!

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    LOL @ Dr Phil being ISTP HAHAHAHHA.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Is it possible for ISTPs to develop the Schizotypal Personality Disorder?