User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 11.67%
  • No

53 88.33%
First 7151617181927 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Poimandres

Dude there's no way you're an ISTP. I remember that you told me that when you went to play soccer in high school, you struggled with it because it was so Se. You said that the way that they taught you to play was very action oriented and they basically just threw you into it without explaining it much. They just wanted to you just take pure action and learn to play it through experience. You told me that you sucked at that, and you told me that you didn't really figure out how to play soccer until you got some books and materials on soccer and intellectualized how to play it, and studied it like a science. Your learning style is much more reminiscent of how an INTP would learn soccer as opposed to how an ISTP would learn soccer: ISTP's want to do things and experience them to learn, and INTP's want to study things like a science to learn them. You are INTP dude.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Yup, there's no doubt the individual isn't an "SP". Even though I get on well enough, and tend to enjoy NF and NT type folks... 17 pages later, the freakn' horse is dead already.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

1.ISTP: A Jungian Cognitive Function Analysis

Tertiary: Introverted iNtuition (Ni)

Interestingly, despite their (somewhat accurate) reputation as apathetic loners, ISTPs typically feel strongly enough about their principles that they may even resort to vigilante justice in order to set things right with the world when legitimate establishments of law enforcement have failed to produce a just or consistent result. They're typically quite mindful of not stepping on other people's toes, but if you step on theirs, be prepared for a swift and unexpected backlash. Somewhat like INFJs, who share all of the same function attitudes, ISTPs in the grip of Ti+Ni may fantasize about using their superior strength and physical prowess (Se) to take revenge on people who unjustly bring harm to the innocent. "Eye for an eye" is often seen as the purest and most physically real affirmation of the sense of justice that factors so heavily into the ISTP's personal value judgments.
    I can kind of relate to this whole "dont tread on me" attitude of the ISTP. It's pretty dang annoying when people try to force a bunch of duties on people.

When undeveloped, tertiary Ni most frequently manifests itself in terms of semi-paranoid distrust of "the man" or of authority figures or anyone who may have the power to force the ISTP into any situation or role from which he does not have the option to escape when he wants to. This kind of cynicism may even lead the ISTP to claim some sort of supernatural foresight; he may doggedly insist that he "just knows" something to be the case despite total inability to explain why or display any physical evidence thereof. He may come to believe anything he does is simply playing into exactly what some unseen, evil "puppet master" of sorts wants him to do, and thus may insist that the situation is hopeless because he already knows how it's all going to end up.
    I have indeed developed concpiracy theories here and there, and they haven't always been "grounded in reality".

When applied more positively in a more developed state, tertiary Ni should bolster the ISTP's natural fluency with sensory cues by giving him deeper insight into the symbolic or suggestive meaning of the constant flow of outward sensory information he is normally attuned to. Rather than simply note what is and move on to noting something else that is, he will begin to consider the assumptions inherent in the set of rules he assumes must govern the way he interprets and evaluates that information, which, in time, will grant his "gut instincts" far more substantial meaning and accuracy by linking them to a deliberate purpose with much more far-reaching implications.
    I'm quite adept at gathering information and from it generating many ideas and possible contingent consequences.

Ni should ideally help the ISTP to feel even more completely free: she will realize she can adapt not only her present actions, but also her entire outlook and attitude according to whatever the immediacy of the moment demands: nothing can ever shake her composure because she can simply change her mindset to fit her surroundings.
    The idea of freedom from all restrictions is a philosophy I'm fond of, and the ability to transform into the dynamics of the context is an idea I have promoted.

When Se is poorly developed, and a TiNi loop results, the ISTP loses all desire to connect or exchange information with others in any meaningful way. He becomes extraordinarily self-centered, acting out his subconscious Se desires through increasingly impulsive (and possibly even dangerous or violent) outbursts, insistent that he is the only one who "has it all figured out", that all the small-minded fools surrounding him are running a pointless rat race for nothing, and that he does not and should not ever have anything to prove to such unworthy and insignificant creatures.
    Throughout my life I've frequently withdrawn from reality into solitude, and have had an elitist attitude of great self-knowledge and understanding of the ways in which our world works.

He may delve further and further into bitter cynicism and conspiracy theorist behavior, as Ni develops increasingly outlandish interpretations to justify Ti's all-important desire to view the self as the only remaining bastion of consistency and truth in a purposeless world that cares for neither. Nihilism and hopelessness invariably result.
    This is the only thing I don't relate to. Only a fool considers his own theories to be complete and incapable for further expansion from outside input.

Ultimately, tertiary Ni should grant the well-balanced ISTP a unique sense of worldly wisdom. Already generally subdued by nature, his calm, quiet confidence will be nearly unshakable, as he will find the ability to separate himself from the tribulations of everyday problems enough to realize that eventually, everything is going to be fine, so we may as well just focus on dealing with what's in front of us and trust that everything else will fall into place the way it's supposed to. Development of tertiary Ni often coincides with a time in the ISTP's life where he retreats into a period of serious self-reflection and emerges with a far more calm and stable sense of philosophic purpose and global awareness.
    The last sentence in this paragraph described my journey of enlightenment better than anything in this entire article, and the general point of becoming a seeker is my life purpose.

What is RaptorWizard's type?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    RaptorWizard, pretty much no matter what he types as, always gets accused by an angry mob that he's mistyped, and as such, please form in a frenzied insect hive mentality, get your torches and pitchforks out, and start the riot, because I'm now asking again what type everyone sees this amazing life form as being!

I'll go through the list of the most popular to least popular typings people have given me, in that order: INTP, ISTP, ENTP, INTJ, INFJ... and after that, it's pretty much out of the picture.
    Everyone who calls me an ISTP says I'm in a TiNi Loop, and also that I'm a 5w4, since if I'm a sensor, the only way I can get uber-esoteric is having both Ni and 4 somewhere.
    The people who call me INTP have been well-mixed between 5w4 and 5w6. Those who have called me ENTP say 7w8. For INTJ and INFJ, enneagrams haven't really been mentioned.

Whatever type I may be, it's the ultimate power in the whole world, with the supernatural skill to hack the system or 'meta-game' it (pretty much altering a program and breaking the fundamental laws of the system).
    I'm bringing this bad-boy back from the void and into the light, free to shape it as I please!

Enneagram
    9w8

I think that you know yourself better than anybody and your opinion matters first and foremost, above all others.

What makes you tick? What are you passionate about? [I already know some of these answers just from reading your posts.] Is it your ideas? Your theories? Your spiritual values? Your family?

What gets you excited?

Is it the discovery of new idea?

The application of theories?

What's your truest goal?

I don't know, I'm just thinking that the answers to these questions can begin to help you identify your deepest values and then, perhaps, they can lead to a discovery of type, of how your brain processes, filters and utilizes information.

Whatever you are, I enjoy talking to you and I think that you have a brilliant mind.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Infinite Bubble

I've re-evaluated your type and now believe you to be an INTP. Your philosophy/cosmology threads make it abundantly clear that Ti is your primary function, I think most of them are composed of your use of Ti, and you information-gather in an abstract manner from the external world as support (aux-Ne).

For the hell of it, here's my tentative typing for your Enneagram tritype: 5w6 - 8w7 - 3w? So/Sx.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

There is no way that you're an ISTP. Maybe if you err conversationally fluent in something besides cosmology and metaphysics..maybe.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

holy shit those poll results
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I think that you know yourself better than anybody and your opinion matters first and foremost, above all others.
    This is a good point - I tend to question myself way too easily!

What makes you tick? What are you passionate about? [I already know some of these answers just from reading your posts.] Is it your ideas? Your theories? Your spiritual values? Your family?
    I like things to be very possibility oriented. It's fun for me when a bunch of random madness gets bouncing around, and then seeking the chaos wherever it leads! That's a big reason why I study Philosophy and Cosmology so much, since they can introduce a 'meta'-perspective on our world, or one which goes 'beyond the boundaries'.

What gets you excited?
    Evolution

Is it the discovery of new idea?
    Imagination

The application of theories?
    Willpower

What's your truest goal?
    Omnipotence

I don't know, I'm just thinking that the answers to these questions can begin to help you identify your deepest values and then, perhaps, they can lead to a discovery of type, of how your brain processes, filters and utilizes information.
    Asking questions is a great way to begin the search for the realities of creation!

Whatever you are, I enjoy talking to you and I think that you have a brilliant mind.
    Yes, I'm glad to hear that. If I had to rate who my best friends on the forum are, you might rank #3 (behind @superunknown and @greenfairy). I hope my influence can maybe spread a bit through you and onto your world audience. Also, regarding my 'brilliant mind', my IQ was profressionally tested 3 years ago by a psychologist, and I scored 114 (I was genius in some categories, and mediocre in others to balance out at 'above-average'). The important thing though, as Einstein says, is to never stop questioning. That is, of course, the way of the genius.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    I've re-evaluated your type and now believe you to be an INTP. Your philosophy/cosmology threads make it abundantly clear that Ti is your primary function, I think most of them are composed of your use of Ti, and you information-gather in an abstract manner from the external world as support (aux-Ne).
    This actually seems to me a very reasonable and likely explanation for the way I do things, and it's also good to know that at least 'someone' read through those threads a bit!

For the hell of it, here's my tentative typing for your Enneagram tritype: 5w6 - 8w7 - 3w? So/Sx.
    5w6 I could see since I'm very much into intensive analysis, 8w7 because I like to actively challenge things, 3w(4) for my focus on individualized image, and lastly So/Sx, since I am very expressive and open to things along with a tendency to go with the group concensus.

Based on these factors, your theory on my type expressed in your post may actually be the most consistent one in this whole thread. Speed Gavroche is a forum typing expert, and he said he thinks that my type is INTP 5w6 So/Sx. This may very well be my 'best-fit type'.