• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Who thinks I'am an ISTP? Vote for this if you believe it!

Do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP?

• Total voters

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On the other hand, I have never observed you taking anything personally ever. So that would be atypical of an NF. (NT's also do this, but there are probably more who don't than NF's who don't).

If you were in an Ni-Ti loop and suppressing your Fe, I would expect there to be more tension in your personality; but you seem to be fine. Of course it's possible your Fe is just really subtle. I'm not sure I see it as an inferior function. I don't know what your inferior would be.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
On the other hand, I have never observed you taking anything personally ever. So that would be atypical of an NF. (NT's also do this, but there are probably more who don't than NF's who don't).

Well, as passionate and mystical as I am and can be, I know I'm not an F type, nor am I an extravert.

You'll have to guess between the IxTx types, and decide which one has the most potential to unleash the magic.

chaoticbrain

MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
In my opinion you do have a sort of meticulous language which implies Ti. Te users in general pretty much their adjectives around.

For example look at how this guy phrases things.

Also note, how later on he criticizes the name of the film, the way he did it is characteristic of how Fi users will criticize things.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In my opinion you do have a sort of meticulous language which implies Ti. Te users in general pretty much their adjectives around.

For example look at how this guy phrases things.

Also note, how later on he criticizes the name of the film, the way he did it is characteristic of how Fi users will criticize things.

The guy's talking about a move I've never seen in a white background of nothing; I shut it off after 5 seconds.

Indeed, it seems Te is much too efficient for me, whereas the intricate nature of Ti may have a much better fit.

I guess that we can factor it down from IxTx to IxTP.

So, there you have it folks: am I an ISTP or an INTP?

chaoticbrain

MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I personally don't think Te has anything to do with efficiency at all. I mean carl jung didn't write anything about Te being "efficient". Te is actually more scientific and more associated with things like math and science, whereas Ti is more philosophical.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, well I'm much more of a philosopher than a scientist.

chaoticbrain

MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know if you are open to this, but I think the functions can very much be seen visually. As in.

Ne= Soft,curious, eyes are more scattered and never land on objects, eyes stay soft during scowls.
Se= Perma bored, penetrating, eyes land on objects, eyes maintain sharp appearance when scowling (making it seem manic).

Heres examples of eyes when scowling.
https://www.pinterest.com/filippomedas/si-scowl-cognitivetypes/

https://www.pinterest.com/filippomedas/ni-scowl-cognitivetypes/

There may indeed be good evidence, visual or otherwise to back up your claims here in how we direct our gazes.

I however don't think in terms of faces, which was proven during my psychology class when other people noticed facial projections in images where I saw none.

That's also a strong indicator of me being an IxTx, and likely IxTP, since it means I'm so impersonal.

chaoticbrain

MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] Hmm, and have you looked into being autistic or Asperger ? I know that's one of the symptoms.

But ya, I'll give you something to read on the psychology differences between the two function pairs which might help if you are interested. These descriptions are really good, and more based on Jung than MBTI.

Psychology of Ne/Si

Psychology of Ni/Se

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=15371" target="_blank">RaptorWizard</a> Hmm, and have you looked into being autistic or Asperger ? I know that's one of the symptoms.

But ya, I'll give you something to read on the psychology differences between the two function pairs which might help if you are interested. These descriptions are really good, and more based on Jung than MBTI.

Psychology of Ne/Si

Psychology of Ni/Se

Those articles were very interesting and well explained. The main thing I related to with Ni/Se and/or Se/Ni users is how they try to penetrate beyond the rational boundaries of existence and achieve a meta-perspective of sorts into higher realms. The thing I don't relate to with it is how it's good at directly perceiving the real world itself as well, or how it's good at making predictions about the future based on connecting with an intuitive flow of events. On the whole, I think I'm much more of a random generator with many reference points, which is how the Ne/Si and/or Si/Ne was described. So, all of that being said, I'm an IxTP, but INTP>ISTP.

And if you really want to get deep into face typing, here's a video I made below where I discuss my amazing worldviews in person (this was made 2 months ago)!

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
You know something? I am going to go with my original impression of you from way back when. I'm not going to present one shred of real evidence. Haha...but am going to go with my initial "gut feeling" about you. My first impression of you was that you were an INTP. There's just "something" about you. I had a friend in college, a chemistry student, who was an INTP. Your verbal communication, body language and facial expressions are very much like his.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Yes, [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION], I think you're probably an ISTP.

Edit: oops. awkward.

;)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My initial impression of you was INTP, but that might not mean much since that was my initial impression of myself. Still, it may be true. I think you are more of an N than an S.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION], I think you're probably an ISTP.

Edit: oops. awkward.

;)

LOL...Hopefully, the great and powerful [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] will forgive you for your transgression upon his thread.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My initial impression of you was INTP, but that might not mean much since that was my initial impression of myself. Still, it may be true. I think you are more of an N than an S.

So how did you decide on INFJ over the other 3 INxx types for yourself?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So how did you decide on INFJ over the other 3 INxx types for yourself?
N>Ti
1) My thinking is holistic rather than linear.
2) I feel like I am driven by an intuitive function and make decisions with my intuition.
3) My Thinking seems to always have an Ni flavor and act with underlying N purposes (understanding in order to find meaning in the whole, or for Fe purposes to understand people and other living things); simply using Ti for its own sake gets extremely boring after awhile.
4) There are some little differences between INTP's and me. There are some ways I'm not like a typical INFJ, but I judged them to not be as important.

There's more, but that's the final process. It was between INTP and INFJ, since I know I use Fe and Ti and not Te and Fi. That would be another list.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] I've considered that you may actually be an Ne-user, seeing how you're so much more bouncy and random than the other INFJs here seem to be, but you make a good point about INFP not working if you aren't Fi.

I know INFPs can be really philosophical and spiritual like INFJs, along with having an expansive imagination.

But ya, like I've noted before, you strike me as an INFx (and you look more INFP than INFJ to me, but I tend to distrust my initial "guesses").

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe I will sound wierd, but I would actually say you're INFJ. I think according to your vissionary, meaning orienation plus orientation to change the known in the enviroment seem Ni+Se to me. But I don't really think you are a rational type.

McCool

MBTI Type
ISTP
Well I didn't read through this whole thread but I think with out a doubt that you're an "intuit".. Sorry if Im repetitive.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: