User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 11.67%
  • No

53 88.33%
First 2101112131422 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Where did you get the impression that I don't understand the theory? I said that Typc members tend to talk about it alot. In socionics this thoery wouldn't exist because of the different function order.
    Socionics is a completely different theory. I'm an Si/Fe type in Socionics. An Si dom I know is an Fi/Se type in Socionics.

It's like going to a Christian church and asking them why they don't have Hare Krishna kirtan sessions.

Socionics has its flaws, too, it tries too hard to pin people into relationship interactions.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Hi, I joined when I saw this thread so I could contribute. (I also read through the thread hoping you've reached a final conclusion)

I'm a 20 y.o. ISTP and I'm studying product design

To help you out, these thing happen to me often, and I think they're telltale of my type:

-I say "Do you smell/hear/see that?" when outside with a group of friends because I smelled/heard/saw something without conscious effort.
    -Imperfections in things leap out at you (slightly crooked line, misalignment, something off, grammar, a stain on clothes and such)
    -I've been called emotionless and cold (note the called, I certainly am not emotionless or cold)
    -often I can sense when a machine is 'suffering' (not working as it should)

As a kid, I:
    -took stuff apart AND put it back together for fun. (And still do this sometimes)
    -played with LEGOs a lot. Alone.
    -tried building a better firecracker by taking the gunpowder out of several and mixing it into one
    -built several working RC models of my own design
    -rode my bike over every terrain I could as fast as I could (including downstairs)

Now, this is me, and I'm not saying you had to have done these exact things, but ISTPs I know have done something in this fashion.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    Now, this is me, and I'm not saying you had to have done these exact things, but ISTPs I know have done something in this fashion.

Hope this helps
    Same.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    So how long does one stay in the loop? Till they get all dizzy and are like yo fuck these functions.
    Yes, exactly. But then they start going through loop withdrawal and start craving froot loops, driving on loops around big cities, and worst of all - dating girls named Lupe. It's a vicious cycle that has no cure and it's EATING OUR SOCIETY ALIVE.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yes, exactly. But then they start going through loop withdrawal and start craving froot loops, driving on loops around big cities, and worst of all - dating girls named Lupe. It's a vicious cycle that has no cure and it's EATING OUR SOCIETY ALIVE.

Sometimes my obsession with loops comes out in everyday conversation.

I'm like at the art museum going 'guys, guys, is that painting centered or does it look a little loopsided to you?" or instead of asking to go for a swim in the pool i'm like "ahh need a dip in the loop" and then in the same breath be like "or maybe i'll just cool off with a couple loops of icecream" or walk into the bathroom stall and hear some person like "get the f out of here man i'm taking a loop!" and i'm like "loops!!!! sorry."
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    Hi, I joined when I saw this thread so I could contribute. (I also read through the thread hoping you've reached a final conclusion)
    The process may never come to closure!

I'm a 20 y.o. ISTP and I'm studying product design
    You must know how things tick.

To help you out, these thing happen to me often, and I think they're telltale of my type:
    Ok, let's break these down:

-I say "Do you smell/hear/see that?" when outside with a group of friends because I smelled/heard/saw something without conscious effort.
    I can't notice minute details in my surrounding worth crap, at least in comparison to how much my other friends/family see.

-Imperfections in things leap out at you (slightly crooked line, misalignment, something off, grammar, a stain on clothes and such)
    Well, I guess I am something of a perfectionist, but it's more along the lines of maximizing conceptual achievement, rather than outward order.

-I've
    been called emotionless and cold (note the called, I certainly am not emotionless or cold)
    Ya, I can look this way too, that is, if I'm not interested in something, or if I haven't adapted to the setting; if I am though, I can be very energized.

-often I can sense when a machine is 'suffering' (not working as it should)
    My dad is an ENTP 3w4 mechanic, and when I work with him, I fail to see how anything operates; I always have to be given direction.

As a kid, I:
    Oh boy, childhood always brings out our pure and true selves!

-took stuff apart AND put it back together for fun. (And still do this sometimes)
    Ya, I took things apart too, but I could never put them back together.

-played with LEGOs a lot. Alone.
    Same with me too man, same with me - so many forms to be realized!

-tried building a better firecracker by taking the gunpowder out of several and mixing it into one
    I'm too chicken to perform a risk like this, at least a physical one (I will take on 'anyone' though in an argument).

-built several working RC models of my own design
    But I don't even know what an RC model is!

-rode my bike over every terrain I could as fast as I could (including downstairs)
    Oh I rode my bike plenty of times, and pretty fast too, but never to the point where I could lose control; well, maybe a few times, but not too much.

All in all, I believe I have at least some of the traits you described in yourself, albeit to a lesser extent - but I have some traits of those nonetheless.

Hope this helps
    Indeed, a crazy guy like me needs lots of help (And by the way, I'm glad my presence on this forum encouraged you to step in).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hey dude if you don't notice minute details in your surrounding area, it's highly unlikely you have great Se.

I smell EVERYTHING, I hear EVERYTHING, I sleep with EAR PLUGS, I FORCE PEOPLE TO OPEN WINDOWS.

I notice when people have haircuts, or if the fence that was previously in the back yard is currently missing.

I've actually gotten ANGRY in a restaurant while eating a fabulous meal because they played such horrific music.

I become happy about sunny days, sand under my feet, and nice smelling soaps.

If you don't do this, I doubt Se is a major function for you, with or without fruit-loops.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ALSO

RC means "remote control" or "radio control."

If a girl is telling you what RC means, there's no hope.

Ditto on knowing your surroundings.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Hey dude if you don't notice minute details in your surrounding area, it's highly unlikely you have great Se.

I smell EVERYTHING, I hear EVERYTHING, I sleep with EAR PLUGS, I FORCE PEOPLE TO OPEN WINDOWS.

I notice when people have haircuts, or if the fence that was previously in the back yard is currently missing.

I've actually gotten ANGRY in a restaurant while eating a fabulous meal because they played such horrific music.

I become happy about sunny days, sand under my feet, and nice smelling soaps.

If you don't do this, I doubt Se is a major function for you, with or without fruit-loops.

Agreed. I'm the same way. MH had the windshield wipers on and it wasn't raining enough for them to do anything other than make that God awful noise as it raked across the windshield and I cringed until I couldn't take it anymore and told him to shut it off... He hadn't even noticed it.