User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 11.67%
  • No

    53 88.33%
First 91011121321 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 313

  1. #101
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post

    One thing maybe influencing me, he uses lots of elaborate language, but I don't know what it is conveying. With an N, I find the idea is usually more complicated than the language, with RW, vice versa.

    I think an SP would be more likely to use wordplay, this is why they can make great artists like rappers/poets.
    EXACTLY. SPs are great with word play or sensory descriptions, and playing with words I think is an SP thing, I identify myself with a lot of SP authors.

    I don't know exactly what type RW is, but I agree with you, I think this is an extrmely salient point.

    INTPs are more likely to use specialized academic language rather than doing word play or being especially descriptive, if their words do become complicated. It's almost like some tertiary Si act of pretentiousness, fueled by the Ti need for precision, which is something else (that frankly drives me nuts, I hate to read it).

  2. #102
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    If there was such thing as a ti ni loop then there would be such thing as an se fe loop, si fi loop, etc.
    There is. You seem to be poorly educated on this topic.

  3. #103
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    We don't even have to get into action oriented stuff. Those stereotypes aren't even necessary for Se. Se is more about realism. Se "action" runs the whole gamut of tactile thinking. It's tactile in general. All the nitty gritty shit that you probably don't want to think about. I think you might be so removed from it that when you talk about Se, you have to fantasize about "daredevils" and "cowboys" just to make it palpable to yourself. An ISTP could be relatively stationary, but they're hardly going to neglect Se to the point that they're not even grounded in everyday things. That stuff is essential to their peace of mind and way of orienting themselves. And Raptor seems more like someone who can't address many subjects without dramatizing them in some way. This is why I don't think he's a Se user. Not because he's not "action oriented" (I don't know if he is or not).
    Yeah he doesn't appear to get excited about sensory things at all, I tend to actually almost have a blatant mistrust of people who have to sci-fi or fantasy role play everything up, it seems nerdy and unnecessary to me, I've always been really turned off by these kinds of constant imaginings ...I have an INFJ friend IRL that I've known since I was about 19, and she has constantly made references to things which don't exist, which is fun for me, it was more fun when it was a novelty, and now I've just accepted it as a part of who she eternally is, but that's the way she lives.

    I think there is a strong possibility that RW is some kind of unbalanced Ni dom....however, people with unconscious Ni can believe some pretty bizarre things, but it tends to be what you were talking about earlier, you were so right about Ni filling in the blanks and making you paranoid more about people's subtle intentions in relationships or about concepts you don't understand, so you have to make something up to fill in the blank.

    I disagree with your assertion that Ns are more "dramatic" people though. I don't think it's about drama, Se can be very dramatic and in your face by its own right, it just tends to be in a very descriptive or sensory way, I think Ns are more likely to use these really super heavy metaphors for things which could easily be told a different way, like the turning of OMGWTFBBQEVERYGODDAMNTHING into a sci-fi novel or wizard fantasy renn fair story, and this stuff annoys me on such a profound level I don't know if it's just about interests, or that I have too much Se to be able to accept it.

    My ESFJ ex didn't like it either, not in any kind of large doses. I tend to watch things and go "this isn't realistic, that's not how that would really happen" when I watch movies.

    I think that test of "is this realistic" is either Se or Si at work; though I do like things if I know I'm going into it with a set-up premise of it being a horror movie, for example, because clearly the horror movie "world" is unlike regular life, it's an escape.

    But I don't try to horror movie up everything I do and say, and this is where the difference lies, maybe.

    I don't know, but I tend to think RW is Ni heavy one way or the other, rather than Ne.

  4. #104
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    There is. You seem to be poorly educated on this topic.
    Troll harder.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    You kind of weird me out with your rambling, and I actually happen to be a person who is interested in things like Eastern mind-body spiritual practices, but it's the way you pontificate about it, it's like you're in some Ni/Ji loop, like you're either not balanced out properly with Te or Se.
    It's always fun to blow things up.

    I tend to believe you're an introvert having some introverted Ni fine time all by yourself, without consulting any external methodology or verifiable experience.
    Indeed, I believe we can 'invent an explanation' for pretty much anything, so that's when thought dynamics and concepts trump the search for truth.

    This makes you probably either an ISxP or INxJ.
    It makes me ISTP or INTJ.

    I really don't think NTP is right for you at all. Anyone who says you are is steretyping you as being a kooky, theoretical N by four letter dichotomies rather than sticking to function theory.
    Ya, maybe I'm not logical enough.

  6. #106
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    It's always fun to blow things up.
    Hey, lets get to that actually. Did you blow things up as a kid? Or were you more imaginary about it?

    Seriously. Sometimes it's best to go back to childhood preferences.

  7. #107
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Troll harder.
    I am not trolling. There is an entire theory about cognitive loops, it's ridiculous to say that Type C members made up Ni/Ti loops and why isn't there Se/Te loops and etc....there is. You're just ignorant of the theory, I am stating a fact.

    It's not trolling to point out that your disagreement is based primarily in ignorance of the subject.

  8. #108
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I am not trolling. There is an entire theory about cognitive loops, it's ridiculous to say that Type C members made up Ni/Ti loops and why isn't there Se/Te loops and etc....there is. You're just ignorant of the theory, I am stating a fact.

    It's not trolling to point out that your disagreement is based primarily in ignorance of the subject.
    Shut up already I don't really care if I'm ignorant about the theory what is the point of you bringing up old topics anyways?

  9. #109
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Shut up already I don't really care if I'm ignorant about the theory what is the point of you bringing up old topics anyways?
    Because it's relevant to the discussion, there's an entire theory of this, maybe you should learn it before telling other people that they're wrong, or claiming you're one of the best typists on the forum.

    Even if you disagree with the dom/tert loop theory, it might help if you actually understood it before claiming you know the answer.

  10. #110
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Because it's relevant to the discussion, there's an entire theory of this, maybe you should learn it before telling other people that they're wrong, or claiming you're one of the best typists on the forum.

    Even if you disagree with the dom/tert loop theory, it might help if you actually understood it before claiming you know the answer.
    Where did you get the impression that I don't understand the theory? I said that Typc members tend to talk about it alot. In socionics this thoery wouldn't exist because of the different function order.

Similar Threads

  1. I think I am an InTp
    By LovecraftianMonstrosity in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2017, 12:44 AM
  2. [SP] SP's ONLY: Who thinks I'am an SP? Vote for this if you believe it!
    By Il Morto Che Parla in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-01-2013, 04:49 PM
  3. [ENTP] Who think I'am an ENTP? Vote for this if you believe it!
    By Speed Gavroche in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-16-2013, 08:24 PM
  4. Pretty sure I am an ISTP
    By RogueAgent in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 01:08 AM
  5. I think I am an ISTP
    By raz in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-08-2009, 01:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO