User Tag List

First 123 Last

You're too weird to be ISTP. And I don't mean weird to be insulting. It is what it is.

I've been that weird before, but it took a bag of shrooms, some lsd, and a psychotic meltdown over a period of two weeks.

The only reason why anyone would type you ISTP is because they are N valuing types, who can't help but conjure up different possibilities. They're like the cool kids who have to be "different", for no reason. ISTP is a "novel" answer, in their minds.

WALMART

ISTP's can be opportunistic, to say something.

I know I've taken advantage of some 'status change' loopholes in my day.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    You're too weird to be ISTP. And I don't mean weird to be insulting. It is what it is.

I've been that weird before, but it took a bag of shrooms, some lsd, and a psychotic meltdown over a period of two weeks.
    It's the Ni.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    And indeed I could be one - and that doesn't change the negative qualities ISTPs could possess; I'm not perfect.

Just because I could be one though doesn't mean I currently believe myself to be one.

Speaking of one and talking about my type, I know The Great One turns half the threads he comments in into discussions about his type, and it looks like I'm headed in the same direction!
    ISTPs - you mean people who claim that as their type for a month? Ah, yes. During the month they claim to be ISTP, they cheat. Special.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Speaking of one and talking about my type, I know The Great One turns half the threads he comments in into discussions about his type, and it looks like I'm headed in the same direction!
    Oh gosh, and I'm even more guilty. So that's not the purpose of the forum?

On topic, I've read that it's common for ISTP's to have this issue- but that could be nonsense. I'd say being Ti dominant they would be somewhat detached from people but also valuing fairness be "social" in their affections, wanting to give many people a fair chance. Then Se would add a physical and sensual orientation, and Ti would rationalize behavior. Of course this doesn't mean all ISTP's are likely to be cheaters, but this could explain the ones who are.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

It's not uncommon for men to be coerced into marrying, which might explain the fact that he's not concerned about setting a date for the event.

Also, it's perfectly viable for men to ''love'' a specific woman and feel physical attraction for other women.

Whether or not they will act on that depends on way too many variables, though SPs in general seem more willing than other types to act on their impulses - which shouldn't be generalized and yada yada yada *inserts politically correct speech implying that I've transcended typology*.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    It's not uncommon for men to be coerced into marrying, which might explain the fact that he's not concerned about setting a date for the event.
    that's my thought as well - it sounds to me like he made a verbal commitment but isn't backing up by an emotional one, either there was an ultimatum involved and he just didn't want to loose her so he chose it as the lesser evil, or he did it to make her happy while not thinking of whether he actually feels committed to her.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

And indeed I could be one - and that doesn't change the negative qualities ISTPs could possess; I'm not perfect.
    Actually, loyalty is something that comes up frequently in the ISTP descriptions as a strength. So you're kinda full of shit on this one. You'd get further if you argued that ISTPs might be more likely to seize the moment and act without thinking of the consequences, resulting in cheating. Really though, type is not really a useful factor to think about in this case. It might affect the details of the way someone is most likely to cheat, but I don't think it affects their likelihood of cheating at all.

If you want another personal anecdote to add to the collection, I'm more monogamy-oriented than most people I know and have never cheated. I don't even like casually dating more than one person at a time, personally, although I don't think there's anything wrong with the practice.

Btw, I'd be extremely, extremely surprised if you are an ISTP. You are very unlike any ISTP I've known either here or offline.
    -end of thread-

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    It's the Ni.
    And for you it's the Ne right?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    And for you it's the Ne right?
    What?

I meant that the Ni was probably why you, a more likely INTx, came across as being "too weird to be an ISTP", and why every ISTP on this thread has been hesitant to add you to the fold, preferring to see you as INTJ. If our situations were comparable, that would mean I was an ENTP, which is highly unlikely.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!