User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 28

  1. #11
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    That's no good for any TP I think.
    I guess not. You might as well be living on an alien planet though. I'm nowhere "corporations" or "start-ups" alike. Most of the weasel-ish shit I've experienced is small town, working class stuff. Restaurant owners and such.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I guess not. You might as well be living on an alien planet though. I'm nowhere "corporations" or "start-ups" alike. Most of the weasel-ish shit I've experienced is small town, working class stuff. Restaurant owners and such.
    Yeah I see what you mean. Basically I'm this:


  3. #13
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,128

    Default

    I don't think that it's particularly type related, especially thanks to the feedback here so far

    I've always considered myself to be rather simple: I like to ask questions, I have never seen a reason to be intimidated by someone just because they have a fancy title, I do my job and do it well, my means of communication are rather straightforward and blunt and I prefer to spend my free time hanging out with myself... this translates to "intimidating" to a lot of people, even though I've never put the slightest bit of effort into intimidating them in the least... they actually don't matter in the scheme of my life

    People are sensitive about things like that- disregard the unspoken rules and you will pay for it- that's the basis on which society has been built so that it will continue running as a well oiled social machine. When something behaves as expected, we are happy, if it does not there's a problem.

    In other words, the choices are to play nice or get used to being singled out... it sucks, but that's life for you
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  4. #14
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Yeah I see what you mean. Basically I'm this:

    ha, that made me laugh

  5. #15
    Gone Aesthete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx
    Posts
    385

    Default

    After seeing some of your videos on youtube, you seem to be much more developed than many ESTPs (and other types) of your age. I think Se-doms - more so ESTPs than ESFPs - seem, to some extent, very strong-willed to others, which can either lead to respect or to jealousy. However, better-developed people don't seem to emphasize their ego so much, such that others think they can do whatever they want with you (and, so, start projecting quite a bit); on the other hand, you have those who think that you won't mind if they take advantage of you - the vampires. My take on it.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

    Schopenhauer

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    After seeing some of your videos on youtube, you seem to be much more developed than many ESTPs (and other types) of your age. I think Se-doms - more so ESTPs than ESFPs - seem, to some extent, very strong-willed to others, which can either lead to respect or to jealousy. However, better-developed people don't seem to emphasize their ego so much, such that others think they can do whatever they want with you (and, so, start projecting quite a bit); on the other hand, you have those who think that you won't mind if they take advantage of you - the vampires. My take on it.

    Ya, most members on this forum are too lazy or chicken to post a video of themself on Youtube for the whole of the forum to objectively analyze and come of with typing dynamics displayed in the content.

    But anyway, both DJ and I have considered ISTP in the past for each of our respective types, but it doesn't seem like any of the other ISTPs on the forum show their face in video discussions and presentations; so I'm not too suprised that DJ actually might be ESTP - which is a different type.

    The powerful personality and the demand displayed by DJ for respect also seem more in line with an extravert. Of course, like you point out however, it is used within reason, which would indicate that DJ could a higher functioning example of the ESTP type.

    A low functioning example however (in NBA basketball) could be Dwight Howard on the Lakers - he has squandered their success with pleas for luxury super-star attention and a very nasty take charge attitude, all the while himself not producing good results.

    edit - By the way, you claim via signature to be insane and enjoy it Aesthete - care to explain?

  7. #17
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    All the ESTPs I know are cocky but I don't blame them. They're usually very talented, intelligent, etc.

  8. #18
    Gone Aesthete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    By the way, you claim via signature to be insane and enjoy it Aesthete - care to explain?
    It's a joke. I'm quite sure I'm not insane.

    Edit: perhaps I should change it before any more confusion is caused.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

    Schopenhauer

  9. #19
    Member roastingmallows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    81

    Default

    I know a few ESTPs, all E8s. I find the energy very overwhelming. Just tone it down.
    ENFP
    7w6 3w2 9w8 so/sx
    sc|U|xi
    IEE
    Cancer

  10. #20
    Gone Aesthete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Mate, I thought I should leave something for self-improvement. An attitude that I've noticed you display when comparing functions and types is summed up by yourself: "ESTPs are the shit" - in real life, other's might think you see yourself as "I am the shit." I have no idea how you act around others, but I've noticed that when you compare functions and types, you tend to blame others: "Fi-people are too sensitive for good-natured Ti-people, and are not good for anything but art and being followers," or "I don't understand what's wrong with INTJs: why do they not like aggressive arguments and conflict? Why do they like disengaging the opponent and slyly avoiding the topic?" These are clearly not quotes, but views you've expressed in your videos: whiles others have faults, you aren't perfect either: you need to find your own faults and deal with them (I can't say for certain what they are, as you don't like talking about them much).

    Hope this is helpful in some way.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

    Schopenhauer

Similar Threads

  1. INTJs have "permeable ego boundaries"? What does this mean?
    By brown bear in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-30-2016, 06:49 PM
  2. [ESTP] Why ESTP's are Fantastic!
    By LadyJaye in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 01:51 AM
  3. [ESTP] ESTPs and Cheating
    By girlnamedbless in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 01:40 PM
  4. [ESTP] How to ask ESTP for changes?
    By Another INFJ in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 10:25 AM
  5. [ESTP] ESTP Chicks
    By FFF in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 04:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO