User Tag List

12 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default STP's, less scared of admitting weakness?

Do you think its possible STP's are less scared of admitting to weakness because... we learn by trial and error anyway?

my whole life is a mistake.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I believe that identifying our weaknesses is one useful step in personal development and becoming stronger, which I guess could be done by any type, though perhaps the motivation as to what to improve could differ - like maybe STPs seek to grow more capable in problem-solving within the field of their interest and specialty.

WALMART

I think back to a time @Wind-Up Rex and I went to a venue that doubles as a theater and a restaurant. Our waitress asked if we had eaten there before and I told her I had (rex had, I hadn't). I figured the system wasn't so complex it wasn't something I could pick up along the way, the kind of thinking which often gets me in trouble...

I think I am only good at admitting weakness if I feel it makes me appear stronger for doing so. Otherwise, I'm quite cowardly about my approach, praying my ignorance remains hidden to develop the actual skills required of me.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post

my whole life is a mistake.
    Did your parents admit this recently?

MBTI
    ISTP

Not sure that it's an STP thing, but I've got no problem admitting weakness. I've found it's actually a very effective defense mechanism in a way. That probably sounds counter-intuitive but it works in practice.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by jryn1993 View Post
    Not sure that it's an STP thing, but I've got no problem admitting weakness. I've found it's actually a very effective defense mechanism in a way. That probably sounds counter-intuitive but it works in practice.
    It actually makes it hard for people to take your power from you.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by jryn1993 View Post
    I don't have a problem admitting weakness as well especially if it's with people I trust. I think admitting and realizing your weakness is a sign of strength.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with it. OTOH, I know people who can be too humble, so I might try to talk them out of it. It's just about being realistic.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I think that STPs have similar attitude to admitting weaknesses than NTPs. However i think that STPs might be convinced easier that they have a weakness if its displayed by something concrete in the external world, while NTPs might be more easier like "but it works in theory and these hundreds of real life cases are just exceptions!!!" and not realize the weakness so easily. On the other hand some cases really are just an exceptions to rules and that what happens in the concrete world could had gone differently from theory because of multiple unknown reasons
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ISTP

Innately speaking, I'm indifferent about talking about my weaknesses. I see it as constructive too, so I tend to do it more often to help other people feel more at ease talking about theirs so we can get onto solving the stuff that really matters.