User Tag List

First 12

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    I think that STPs have similar attitude to admitting weaknesses than NTPs. However i think that STPs might be convinced easier that they have a weakness if its displayed by something concrete in the external world, while NTPs might be more easier like "but it works in theory and these hundreds of real life cases are just exceptions!!!" and not realize the weakness so easily. On the other hand some cases really are just an exceptions to rules and that what happens in the concrete world could had gone differently from theory because of multiple unknown reasons
    nah

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    nah
    how and why?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    xxTP

I am happy to admit what I see as my weaknesses.

If somebody tries to tell me that I suck at something I consider to be a strength, I won't be happy.

People don't want to be approved. that's a myth.

People want to be approved/disapproved according to how they see themselves.

The worst thing you can do to someone is praise them for the "wrong " reasons according to their self-image.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I don't think in terms of weakness. I'm just me. It just is.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    XXFP

UGH! I know there is a certain word for this in psychology but I cannot remember what it is.

That is, a willingness to admit to and honestly display socially negative traits about themselves to others. It's not exactly admitting weakness, though in the same vein.

It's not defensiveness...but related to it.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ESTP

Sometimes I wish I could get parts of my childhood/teenage years back so I could stand up to some of the people that made me feel weak by ridiculing my weaknesses, but I know that's not possible, so now when someone acts like they're going to start in on me, I beat them to the punch and laugh about my own weaknesses that way they can't make fun of me for taking myself too seriously, and eventually they shy away and leave me alone when they realize they're only embarrassing themselves by trying to get a reaction I don't plan on giving. But, I do feel foolish sometimes for having a decent I.Q in the English/music/languages/computers areas and knowing young children that are literally better at me than math, lol! I tend to do well in jobs that involve a team effort and/or hands on learning experiences, but it's always that stupid assed math. Even things like video games are the same way, I can beat some bosses that are like invincible, but there's always that one optional side quest that takes me like a dozen game clears to finally figure out.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    UGH! I know there is a certain word for this in psychology but I cannot remember what it is.

That is, a willingness to admit to and honestly display socially negative traits about themselves to others. It's not exactly admitting weakness, though in the same vein.

It's not defensiveness...but related to it.
    Well I know E8's look stronger when they admit weakness, because it shows their enemies they're aware of their that weak spot and the person shouldn't even attempt to hit it because they'll be watching.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Well I know E8's look stronger when they admit weakness, because it shows their enemies they're aware of their that weak spot and the person shouldn't even attempt to hit it because they'll be watching.
    Well, that's something else, but interesting in itself.

The idea I was thinking of was that some people are more willing to admit/display socially negative traits irrespective of motivation. Has to do with both internal and external admission of traits.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ISTP

Weakness is only something I can't get good at. If it's something I can improve with time and effort then it's only a temporary limitation standing in the way.
    I have no problem admitting I suck at some things. If it's something I'm not interested in then why bother caring? There will always be someone better at certain things than yourself at some point.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "I am the bullet, you are the bullseye. When I hit, there's nothing left"

http://crafter79.mypersonality.info

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7 sx/so

I am a realist and admit to my strengths and my weaknesses. I do not feel the need to be good at everything: being great in a small number of areas is fine!

One thing I've noticed is that I am more willing than some to admit when I don't know the answer to a question i am asked.