User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I had a friend who was very into urban scaling (climbing high rise buildings with no equipment). Maybe find something cool like that or people who like to go Whitewater rafting or something? I definitely want to do that and skydiving before the year is out
    I'm not the biggest fan of heights i love water though especially motor boating . I Also like anything to do with speed. Extreme stuff isn't even what i'm talking about though some of the friends i know go home at 12:00 on a friday night.....

MBTI
    ISTP

I don't worry about other people being soft/boring. I just focus on what I'm doing and generally the people I hang out with are on about the same level of adventurousness as myself.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'm no cockblocker. I think I've been cool there. My inferior "Fe" is like.. "Hey, give this poor bastard a shot." Even if I call them bastards, that's nice right?
    No-one will cock block a poor bastard. I mean when some guy is all over a girl you like, that's the test.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I highly doubt that is a tp thing.
    Maybe not in your case, but I see it regularly. Especially extps above all else. Not so much I's.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I believe competing in boxing or MMA makes you braver than before. Not sure about having fun tho.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

This is something ive given some thought to in my life. When I was younger I was surrounded by those who seemed hemmed in by the impulse to experience ever greater and greater risks and who were insistent that those around them take the same.

For myself I rejected this, if there were risks to be taken I should take them on my own initiative and I did not need the peer pressures or motivation from those whose pursuits seemed mindless and pointless.

Yet as I observed them I suddenly realised that I should be observing myself instead. The first notion that arose from this was that they were not 'hemmed in' as I had so rashly and arrogantly complained, but instead, for those brief moments of intense experience within the risks they were taking; for them it was a transcendence from all their current worries.

In those moments they were not themselves or anyone for that matter, they were truly free in definition and nothing tied them down. For them this was life being lived in the purest sense.

However it is important to remember that despite this realisation I did not suddenly become a risk taker in the sense that they were, I did not suddenly find the urge for the activities they were so ready to champion to others.

But I did realise that both of us feared not each other, but a difference in perspective that the other possessed ; I feared the outcome which could not be discerned before hand, they feared the outcome that comes from a cage of discernment.

Until this realisation we had projected that fear onto each other as a personification, missing where the true element of that fear lay.

Through this my fear dispersed and I learned to respect the differences in taste and temperament. We all have our own risks and they need not be physical to exist.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    No-one will cock block a poor bastard. I mean when some guy is all over a girl you like, that's the test.
    I bet on the woman deciding then. Difference with you ETPs (yeah, I'm gonna type you E) is you all think you need to be an active/present agent of things. I'm sure that works too (maybe more often), but you can also just hang out at another table, talk to some other people for awhile, enjoy yourself, and still end up connecting with the same girl who had another guy in her face all night.

Not sure how this got started in this thread, but that's my 2c.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm obviously not an SP, but I'm honestly tickled to death to be just as soft as life allows me to be. I want to live a long time and I don't want to ache from healed up broken bones on cold, rainy days when I'm an old grandmother.

I am happy that I live in a time that I got to choose my husband and that there was little risk of my dying in childbirth and that all of my children have lived to be teenagers and are healthy. These have not been givens for women for very long and in many places they still are not.

We have a warmish house with all the utilities on. We have a full freezer. We have a running vehicle with insurance. We can even go to the doctor if we need to.

I have not always had some of these things. I know people that do not have them now. I do not take them for granted and I will not risk them by putting myself in unnecessarily risky situations. I know how quickly a bad illness or an injury could make them seem like luxuries.

I suppose if I could afford to take more risks, I'd try some stuff like traveling to exotic locations and maybe climbing or rafting. I'd almost certainly participate in political protests (I am, after all, an NF) and probably get arrested at least once.

But it was not an easy climb to get where we are now and I really, really love having a warmish house, plenty of food, reliable transportation without having to worry about not having insurance if I get pulled over and being able to go to the doctor if I get sick. Those are pretty wonderful things. Unless and until I know I wouldn't put them at risk, I will am content to live my hobbity life. I am, after all, doing it on the backs of many and on the edge of a cliff.

So perhaps it is about perspective and about adrenaline tolerance? Honestly, my mother is an SP and, my God, my childhood was almost more than this poor little mouse could take. I couldn't get off that roller coaster fast enough.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm somewhat of a thrill-seeker, & have a tendency to take risks/give into impulses at certain points, but over time I had to temper such activities, and pay attention to my overall physical health. I don't mind getting dinged up- physically or otherwise- but if I'm not in decent shape to begin with, it's certainly harder to bounce back. If I want to continue adventuring as long as possible, I've got to learn to take better care of myself, in general.

I'll make a sidenote that most of my adventuring buddies- the people who remind me to get out of my head- have been _STP friends; the tried & true cliche. They're definitely a personal favorite for such undertakings. Few people I interact with these days seem to share these interests, unfortunately.

I have no attachment to physical possessions/housing, so I've no reservations when it comes to taking financial or legal risks, as the benefits would certainly outweigh the cost. Cost means precious little when there's nothing to really subtract from. I value this freedom, & couldn't imagine authentically living without it.

When it comes to risks of the metaphysical/emotional, I've always been quite secretive, & over time more circumspect. Things stay under the radar, & that's how I prefer it.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I'm somewhat of a thrill-seeker, & have a tendency to take risks/give into impulses at certain points, but over time I had to temper such activities, and pay attention to my overall physical health. I don't mind getting dinged up- physically or otherwise- but if I'm not in decent shape to begin with, it's certainly harder to bounce back. If I want to continue adventuring as long as possible, I've got to learn to take better care of myself, in general.

I'll make a sidenote that most of my adventuring buddies- the people who remind me to get out of my head- have been _STP friends; the tried & true cliche. They're definitely a personal favorite for such undertakings. Few people I interact with these days seem to share these interests, unfortunately.

When it comes to risks of the metaphysical, I've always been quite secretive, & over time more circumspect. Things stay under the radar, & that's how I prefer it.
    This is how I think, more or less (we probably have different motives for it though). It's kind of funny that two introverts on the "Se Ni" spectrum think alike. I wouldn't say I came to this conclusion as a natural development process though. I fried my brain and walked past some dead friends in the process. Some things just change your life.

Money is also a big factor. The actual legitimate ways of adventure are for rich fucks. Yeah, motorboats are cool. They're also irrelevant. I have, what Marx would call, "class consciousness". I'm not going to bullshit myself into attaining things out of my range.