Enneagram
    8w9

Where have all the cowboys gone?

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Where have all the cowboys gone?
    They drive F150's and torture and kill animals at rodeos.

They are a paragon of the Amerikan fearful authoritarian mindset. How depressing and unsuprising that you tacitly consider yourself one of them

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    They drive F150's and torture and kill animals at rodeos.

They are a paragon of the Amerikan fearful authoritan mindset. How depressing and unsuprising that you tacitly consider yourself one of them
    Way to put your redeeming qualities on display.

You seem to be a pretty good example of a soft man.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Way to put your redeeming qualities on display.

You seem to be a pretty good example of a soft man.
    I find your opinions to be consistently based on authoritarianism, which always couches its pronouncements in terms that sound sensible and just, and aligned with ‘Tradition’. But it always hides a fear-based power structure, designed to maintain social dominance for white men. This always comes at the expense of women, minorities and children, the poor, and anyone else who asserts their rights against power.

I'm happy to be considered a 'soft man' by a fearful person, who cuts-n-pastes incessantly because fear (or lack of natural endowment) prevents him from formulating his own opinions.

Enjoy your traditions, since they are all you have.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I find your opinions to be consistently based on authoritarianism, which always couches its pronouncements in terms that sound sensible and just, and aligned with ‘Tradition’. But it always hides a fear-based power structure, designed to maintain social dominance for white men. This always comes at the expense of women, minorities and children, the poor, and anyone else who asserts their rights against power.

I'm happy to be considered a 'soft man' by a fearful person, who cuts-n-pastes incessantly because fear (or lack of natural endowment) prevents him from formulating his own opinions.

Enjoy your traditions, since they are all you have.
    I made a statement relevant to the thread and in no way aimed at you.

You happened to feel a certain way about that statement and took it upon yourself, in a huff of breathless moral indignation, to let everyone know what you think about people who come from places you didn't, and see the world in a way that you don't.

Well you know what, that's petty and small, and indicative of the epistemological closure so prevalent on both sides of the isle today.

Maybe you wouldn't feel the need to flip shit on an innocuous statement, if you were less freaked out by people disagreeing with you.

I hope the venom you offer is returned to you 10 fold.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I Find people now days so boring predictable and unispiring. No body I know likes to have any fun or take any risks. I Only have one friend who is an istj that is always up for new adventures. Do any other sp's relate to this?
    You seem to be complaining about different things here.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I know, DB. This thread is the good-ol-boys club house. How dare a softie like me call you on your shit.

I grew up among cowboys. Did you? I thought not, since they typically don't live in gated communities in Florida.

That’s why I responded: because you don’t know what you’re talking about. You just recycle the standard mythology of ‘Merka, thinking that the pablum you uncritically inherited as a coddled upper class white guy is somehow demonstrably true because it's so ubiquitous.

Stop worrying so much. Your future is assured. The patriarchy will cradle you in its strong arms, cowboy.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I know, DB. This thread is the good-ol-boys club house. How dare a softie like me call you on your shit.
    What shit?

I grew up among coyboys. Did you?
    Among coy boys did you?

Do you ride Western or English?

Can you shoe a horse?

How's your shooting?

I thought not, since they typically don't live in gated communities in Florida.
    No gates where I live. I did live in a condo in a gated condo complex for a while. But I don't now.

That’s why I responded: because you don’t know what you’re talking about. You just recycle the standard mythology of ‘Merka, thinking that the pablum you uncritically inherited as a coddled upper class white guy is somehow demonstrably true because it so ubiquitous.
    You responded because I aggravate you.

Since you clearly know me so well, please show me how my ideological stances reflect anything but careful consideration.

I doubt you could clearly enunciate your beliefs given the opportunity.

So tell me, from your perch high on the pedestal you've created for yourself, what do you believe?

Stop worrying so much. Your future is assured. The patriarchy will cradle you in its strong arms, cowboy.
    I'm not worried for myself, I worry for the generation of coddled young men just now coming into adulthood with no tools to deal with a real world that could give two shits about their self esteem.

I worry that children aren't exposed to failure, or adventure, or danger in the same ways they used to. Ways that taught them first hand about taking responsible action, and looking out for ones self.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I'm not worried for myself, I worry for the generation of coddled young men just now coming into adulthood with no tools to deal with a real world that could give two shits about their self esteem.

I worry that children aren't exposed to failure, or adventure, or danger in the same ways they used to. Ways that taught them first hand about taking responsible action, and looking out for ones self.
    What a limited, classist perspective. I assure you there are still plenty of children out there that aren't being coddled or protected from danger. Exit your bubble sometime.

MBTI
    yupp

i dunno maybe because we're a bunch of pussies?????
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so